Why do we not remember our past lives?

I'm not sure this has to be the case. Most people here have painful memories from THIS life, and they are not necessarily with them constantly, and they continue to manage their lives more or less successfully. So on that particular point I don't see any reason why painful past life memories should be any different (i.e. more severe) than painful present life memories.
It is true. However, imagine that you have lots of different painful memories from many different lives. In addition, your memories seem to be contradictory in some way.

On the one hand, you have a certain set of views, on the other hand, you have different views (different upbringing, different childhood, different education). You cannot build your identity as a human being.

The longer you stay in one life, the more different situations from the past become relevant to you, your sentiments, an essential part of you.

Meanwhile, you fall into a vortex where there is a buildup of contradictions. All this logically makes you seem to be losing any identity!

On the one hand, you have a certain set of views, on the other hand, you have different views (different upbringing, different childhood, different education). You cannot build your identity as a human being.

The longer you stay in one life, the more different situations from the past become relevant to you, your sentiments, an essential part of you.

Meanwhile, you fall into a vortex where there is a buildup of contradictions. All this logically makes you seem to be losing any identity!

I can see how that would happen. Maybe a good approach would be to make a conscious decision/affirmation to chose one particular 'you', the one that you decide has the best chance of producing the 'ideal' version of yourself in the future. All of us are (hopefully) changing and becoming something other than we are now or have been in the past. However, for someone that has strong past life influences of which they are consciously aware, this process might be more difficult and require more conscious effort to let go of those past life influences, to assign them to the past where they belong, while integrating the lesson, and then consciously choose to move on towards creating a future self, step by step. We can do this by developing a set of attitudes and behaviors that are inline with that vision of the future self. Just some thoughts.

This statement is very beautiful. What exactly do you mean by

"And to go from mortal to eternal, is to strip from ones self the limits of thought - and simply be."?

Do you mean being in "now"? You mean eternity as a stretched-out present? Or maybe just specify what you mean?
To be mindful of the eternal is the best we can do to understand it. And so we are left to ponder, which is the best we can do. So, if we align with eternal, eternal notions take root, and our paths not directed by fears - because we know both our mortality and our eternal nature. The eternal is truely who we are, so it is best to give it precedence over our mortality.

In regard to the question of why we forget, I have another thought... Most people believe in God. I do. So I think about the relationship between God and a disciple. The eternal and mortal. And ask: what is one without the other? And as I revere the eternal, so too does the eternal revere mortality - like a mirror. And so in this mutual attraction is the cycle of life and death.
So, in death is a interlude in the eternal, but in the eternal all is one, and lessons but a desire to become mortal... To not know in order to discover.... A kind of divine entertainment. So, we forget because that is desired from a eternal perspective. To lose that we may find again. And our mortal forms and circumstances a part of the challenge. One always ponders the other side and this is the cycle of life and death. The tether is a chain of one-ness and separation, and so the perspective alternates as well.

However, for someone that has strong past life influences of which they are consciously aware, this process might be more difficult and require more conscious effort to let go of those past life influences (...)
This process can be both more difficult and easier. It's kind of like a "sequel".

Imagine you started writing a symphony. You are not finished writing this. You come back to this work after many years and finish it. Is it easier than starting from scratch?

Yes, it's easier, because you already have the motives and notes written down. But also more difficult, because now, years later, you have to put it all together. How do you put together parts that don't fit immediately? Do you want to solve mismatched puzzles? Or maybe you will create new puzzles? Create them in one day! They will fit right away. But is this what you are looking for?

If you remember more, you see more. What you remember can be very difficult, you can suffer for it. But at the same time, you already have the elements you've been looking for in septyliards of years. It is much more than decades. And you know where you're going, you feel it.

It's harder for you. And it is easier for you at the same time. And you know better what you're here for.

To be mindful of the eternal is the best we can do to understand it. And so we are left to ponder, which is the best we can do. So, if we align with eternal, eternal notions take root, and our paths not directed by fears - because we know both our mortality and our eternal nature. The eternal is truely who we are, so it is best to give it precedence over our mortality.

In regard to the question of why we forget, I have another thought... Most people believe in God. I do. So I think about the relationship between God and a disciple. The eternal and mortal. And ask: what is one without the other? And as I revere the eternal, so too does the eternal revere mortality - like a mirror. And so in this mutual attraction is the cycle of life and death.
So, in death is a interlude in the eternal, but in the eternal all is one, and lessons but a desire to become mortal... To not know in order to discover.... A kind of divine entertainment. So, we forget because that is desired from a eternal perspective. To lose that we may find again. And our mortal forms and circumstances a part of the challenge. One always ponders the other side and this is the cycle of life and death. The tether is a chain of one-ness and separation, and so the perspective alternates as well.
Do you remember any of what you thought on the other side? I remember that...

Remembering the other side is also more difficult and easier at the same time. On the one hand, you remember that you could travel in space and time, you were held free, you were free. And now you are here trapped in space-time. One day you wake up and find that you cannot fly. This is awful. But you also know you wanted it, and you know why you did it all.

You suffer that everything passes, but you know it passes for a while. But you see hope in understanding this puzzle by remembering everything you know. You are looking for similar patterns in this world. You become a theoretical physicist. You want to open this gate that connects the worlds. Because this gate remains closed, both from the perspective of this and the other world. You see it and you know you gotta hit it. And nothing else is as important as that.

But how to combine accuracy with irrationality? Are you asking yourself this question? Will you answer this question? Either you answer or you are lost. This is the quintessence of my life.

Some people do remember their previous lives - especially young children up to the age of about 4 years. How many times have you heard of a child saying to their parent something like 'Before I died I was your mommy' ? But they rapidly forget as they grow up.

I tend think of it from the point of view of what you planned from the 5D perspective of how you would factor in as much as you possibly could to maximize that which you decided you needed to learn to progress - who your parents would be, who your siblings would be, where you live and grow up.

So maybe the forgetting is planned - for whatever reason it must be, it must be to maximize the lessons I think.

I can see how that would happen. Maybe a good approach would be to make a conscious decision/affirmation to chose one particular 'you', the one that you decide has the best chance of producing the 'ideal' version of yourself in the future. All of us are (hopefully) changing and becoming something other than we are now or have been in the past. However, for someone that has strong past life influences of which they are consciously aware, this process might be more difficult and require more conscious effort to let go of those past life influences, to assign them to the past where they belong, while integrating the lesson, and then consciously choose to move on towards creating a future self, step by step. We can do this by developing a set of attitudes and behaviors that are inline with that vision of the future self. Just some thoughts.
Reading this reminded me of something.

When I started my "search" in earnest, I was messing around with the material available on the web and mainly the Law of One material. The C's were still quite a few years in the future for me.

At that time I was overweight and I used to go running at 05:00 in the morning. It was a dark night with a completely clear sky, so the view of the stars in the sky was spectacular.

The street was completely deserted and while I was running I meditated on what I had read and I reached a "conclusion". I saw in my mind that this had to be the answer.

Just at that moment, when I came to that conclusion, suddenly a star in the sky above the mountain that I saw right in front of me while running, shot up into the sky. It scratched the entire sky leaving a very bright line of light, which kept shining between 5 and 10 seconds. Then, in the place where that star had been "shot" another star "lit up". The size and luminosity of Venus, it began to move in my direction.

While I was running (I stopped for a few seconds in amazement, but then I kept running) the star flew over me passing just above me, and then disappeared over the horizon.

At no time was I afraid. It was an incredible and fun experience.

The "conclusion" I come to is that who I am right now is not who I really am.

Who I really am is the "sum" of all my lives and everything I have learned in them, and that eventually in a possible future all of that can be "brought together" and then I will be who I really am.

I am not saying that my experience validates my "conclusion", nor that this is a valid conclusion.

It's just what I think about it and I had that experience.

And abounding in this topic, I have remembered a session in which the C's say that in this moment of transition, some people will make a quick stop in 5D to collect some "luggage".

The baggage to be collected may be related to the concept that I have exposed in my previous post.

When I read that session back in the day I interpreted that comment about luggage this way.

To me this sounds like making some plans to resolve any (negative) karma that may have been accumulated...
Yes maybe.

But the C's comment speaks of those who could follow their lessons in 4D.

So, in the case that you propose, it would be necessary to "return" to 3D to "work" on that karma.

In any case, apparently in 5D there is "luggage" stored.:-D

Do you remember any of what you thought on the other side? I remember that...
I have had experiences, but I wouldn't know how to characterize them. One comes to mind that I would liken to a newborn and its parents. The contrast of innocence and experience immense. With love and wisdom imparted in each others presence.
Maybe the lessons are forgotten in the transition from child to parent - lessons being more of a stage.
But we seek to recall that rearing where the bonds were fresh, yet destined to bring us full circle to be in that trinity, except as a parent.
As a child, it is everything, but in the parental role, it is humbling, so outside of the parental sphere, a higher power is sought, to have that love and enlightenment anew where everything is full of wonder.

Very good information and thoughts on this thread, very interesting.
I think that one problem we all have when we think about these lessons and past lives is in the way that we think about time, so we think in a linear way about the progression of time even if we accept the cycle of reincarnation. However, if time doesn't exist, it means that we might be learning these lessons in parallel.
Also, another assumption we're making is that we're an indivisible I, but I think Gurdjeff mentioned the concept of multiple I's and the C's mentioned the concept of Soul Group, so the experience of one lifetime might be just a few pieces of the puzzle of a few pieces of the puzzle we need to complete.
The point is that the learning is distributed, therefore I might not be 100% the same I that learned the lessons during what we call a past life, but rather just a fraction of it so all I could remember would be just bits from a large broken glass?

So, I remember something from a story of a near death expearience.
There the parient sayd that he Not only das his Pastor live, but also several possible future lives, from wich he was able to choose. His choice was to get Back to bis aktual live (obviously).
I think, that, because there is no time, as we think of it, we would be able to remember all past and future probabilitys, if there not was the forgeting, and I think that we can actual lern to remember all this.
The only question is, do you real want to know? Or to know all at once?
Maybe it is netter to learn how, and remember step by step, by learning how.

Remember? Learning is fun and knowledge protekts!

I hope i haven't missspelt to mouch.

Back
Top Bottom