Mass Extinctions, Evolutionary Leaps, and the Virus-Information Connection

I guess I should say that some of these may not be errors but rather my own misinterpretation of the language/concept. Sorry if I got some of these wrong.

Here's a few more:

Chapter 10:

-...other... (or) ...others closely related to those species...

- These species-specific actions displayed by viruses have been...
(or)
- This species-specific action displayed by viruses has been...

-...Could the bornavirus have been a novel virus introduced...
(or)
-...Could bornaviruses have been novel viruses introduced...
(also)
-...integrated into the...

-...forms...

- See Chapter 9...

Chapter 11:

-...actions...

-...causes...

- Comma does not need to be there.

-...indeed a viral epidemic...
(or)
- ...indeed viral epidemics...

-But along with its deadliness...

- So, despite several (cases, examples) of circumstantial evidence...
(or)
- So, despite several circumstantial evidence (cases, examples)...

- However, there are a number of documented and recent virus-induced extinctions.

- The suspected involvement of viruses in past extinctions like Wrangler mammoths,...

-...Part II, Chapter 5... (footnotes)

- See Chapter 14... (footnotes)

Chapter 12:

- Even... lifeforms...

- The caption under the 2nd image should read Yaravirus.

- The semi-colon should be a comma, I think.

- See Chapter #(TBA)... (footnotes)

Chapter 13:

- That's a hundred...

-...50 billion viruses...

-"...of viruses" can be omitted.
(also)
- Needs a period behind "planet".

-...minute...

-...body, which is 100 times less...
(or)
-...body. That's 100 times less... (Imo, I think "less" should be emphasized.)

-...on the viral...
(also)
-...in the human... "the" could be removed.

- Needs a comma after "addition".

- In the pdf version, "In the context of Darwinian evolutionary," was added to (or subtracted from?) the beginning of the above quote. The word "evolutionary" should be "evolution".

- Needs a space behind the semi-colon.

-...Chapter 1...

All corrections included in the master files. Thanks!

In addition to the iron spherules, the GISP2[36] ice core for ca. 536 AD revealed the presence of silicate spherules[37], which are the byproducts of impact events[38]:

View attachment 53842
© Sutlle
Sectioned BEI images of silicate cosmic spherules

To recap, the absence of substantial volcanic eruption and accompanying acidity spike for the period 533-540 AD tends to discard the only-volcano hypothesis. The above doesn’t mean that volcanic eruptions were not one of the contributors[41] but it was probably not the main contributor and, as shown in our previous book[42], cometary activity can cause volcanic eruptions anyway.
Pierre, you might enjoy seeing this man's work. When seen in color these micrometeorites are just gorgeous.

1642960145410.png

Chapter 17:

During these eight years, it killed between 15 million and 100 million people depending of the estimates[1] [2], which represented between 25% and 60% of Europe's population of the time[3].
-...depending on the... population at the...
This was the death count only for the first outbreak. The plague of Justinian had 18 epidemics outbreaks[4] spread over more than two centuries.
-...epidemic...
This cooling event is confirmed by several chroniclers and seems to have been caused by an extraordinary dust veil as reported by chroniclers of the time among which Procopius:
-...which Procopius says/writes:
Flavius Cassiodorus[19] wrote about conditions that he experienced 536 AD, which are quite similar what other chroniclers describe:
-...experienced in 536 AD... similar to what...
Zacharia of Mitylene[28] make a similar observation: In the eleventh year of Justinian [538AD],
- Needs a space.
The above doesn’t mean that volcanic eruptions were not one of the contributors[41] but it was probably not the main contributor and, as shown in our previous book
-...in our(?) previous... (Just checking.)
If one zooms in the five years from 536 to 540 AD, the multiplicity of comet sightings in the years 536-540 AD (in particular, Procopius in 536 AD, Zacharia of Mitylene in 538 AD, Chinese chronicles in 540 AD) plus the worsening in the drop temperature record by dendrochronology[39] (cooling in 536 AD that worsen 538 AD and that worsen even more in 540 AD) plus the detection of the cometary material in ice cores (notably in 536, 538 and 541 AD) suggests that there was not one but, at least three, closely interspersed major cometary bombardments and/or overhead explosions in this five years span[40]:
-...in on the...
(also)
-...plus the temperature drops shown by dendrochronological [39] records (cooling in 536 AD that worsened in 538 AD and then worsened even more in 540 AD)... (I found this portion of the sentence to be difficult so rewrote a possible alternative.)
(also)
-...but, at least, three closely... (I think the comma needs to be behind "least" instead of "three".)
(also)
-...five year span...
When the virus finally reaches the ground, it has yet to find suitable human hosts. Once it’s done, these hosts have to be in contact with a large enough and susceptible enough population to spread and generate a noticeable-enough epidemics.
- Once it has...
(or)
- Once it's done so...
Maybe, that’s why, Venerable Bede, the most erudite individual of these chaotic times considered comets as the cause of the plague, including the Plague of Justinian, which he was contemporary to, described comets as:
-...describing...
[43] J. Wickramasingh et al. (2010) “Comets and the Origin of Life”. World Scientific Publishing Co
- Period behind "Co".

Chapter 17:

-...depending on the... population at the...

-...epidemic...

-...which Procopius says/writes:

-...experienced in 536 AD... similar to what...

- Needs a space.

-...in our(?) previous... (Just checking.)

-...in on the...
(also)
-...plus the temperature drops shown by dendrochronological [39] records (cooling in 536 AD that worsened in 538 AD and then worsened even more in 540 AD)... (I found this portion of the sentence to be difficult so rewrote a possible alternative.)
(also)
-...but, at least, three closely... (I think the comma needs to be behind "least" instead of "three".)
(also)
-...five year span...

- Once it has...
(or)
- Once it's done so...

-...describing...

- Period behind "Co".

Corrections brought to the master file. Thanks.

Pasteurism is to epidemiology what Darwinism is to evolution. Both are regressive, reductionist and materialist ideologies. They both contributed to erasing the fundamental role played by viruses in “evolution” and in life, including of course human life.
Thank you again Pierre for making such a huge subject easy to follow and understand.
The above paragraph, containing three sentences really hit the mark for me and in a nut-shell points to where it all went wrong. It's just awesome.

Sorry for the delay relative the publication of chapter 18: "The Black Death". It needed quite a bit of work. Now, it's not perfect but it's presentable, OSIT

Amongst other things, I've included a summary of the exchange with @gottathink:

@Pierre, do you cover this in future chapters? Is it the fleas that contracted the virus and then they developed a susceptibility to bacterial infections to pass it on to humans?

And @Vulcan59 great find published in the missing 460 years thread:

FWIW, the discussion below at the Cosmic Tusk may have some clues... Fascinating exchange on the cause and timing of the 530's AD climate chaos

In one hour or so, the chapter shall be published. Finally!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom