Near-Earth objects and close calls

I was woken up around 4am last night to some very loud booming/roaring sounds that shook the whole house. My brother was woken up too and ran into my room to compare notes.

It apparently was heard throughout our area, as can be seen by all the comments here:
My brother looked out the window and saw a purple light above the clouds heading west. It's weird that people in the above thread saw weird lights too, and Worcester is about an hour west from us. It didn't act like lightning, possibly a fireball, but it sure was seen (or definitely heard) in a wide area of Massachusetts that doesn't seem to be in a straight line from each other. When I just woke up I thought it was thunder combined with some serious hail hitting the house, although I don't think it was hailing at all, so I can't really explain it.

Anyways just wanted to share, whatever it was, it was really weird, covered a large swath of eastern MA, and woke up a bunch of people all over the place! It was really really loud too - I don't remember the last time I was woken up by thunder. There also happened to be a thunderstorm, and normal sounding thunder about 20 minutes later was heard. But given all the data points, I'm not sure what explanation covers all of them.

Of course, there are a lot of things flying in the Ukrainian sky now, but this thing with its strong green glow does not look like any ammunition.
An object similar to a meteorite was spotted in the sky over Ukraine
He was seen by residents of several regions in the east of the country
MOSCOW, May 1. /tass/. An object similar to a meteorite was recorded in the sky over Ukraine on the night of May 1. This was reported by the Ukrainian Channel 24.

It is claimed that residents of several regions in eastern Ukraine witnessed an unidentified object in the sky. A video posted on the Telegram channel of the TV channel recorded how an unknown object, similar to a meteorite, lit up the sky with a green glow for a few seconds, and then disappeared over the horizon.

There are no official comments on the unidentified object in Ukrainian airspace yet.
https://tass.ru/obschestvo/20688839

В украинском небе конечно много чего теперь летает, но эта штука со своим сильным зеленым свечением ни на какие боеприпасы не похожа.

Anomalies are becoming more frequent in Ukraine. A couple of days ago, something green was observed, now it's either blue or pink. In short, they entertain poor Ukrainians, because in many places there is often no electricity. Neither to the Internet, nor to watch TV, but at least they will look at the sky.
Residents all over Ukraine observe a strange glow in the sky
"Country": all over Ukraine, a strange glow is observed in the sky

MOSCOW, May 2 - RIA Novosti. A strange glow can be seen in the sky all over Ukraine, the newspaper Strana reports.
"It is reported by residents of Kiev, Odessa, Dnipro and the western regions," the newspaper writes in its Telegram channel.

Some eyewitnesses note that the object is moving.
As noted in the publication, public figures writing about space suggest that light phenomena in the sky over Ukraine are traces of the steps of the Falcon 9 rocket, which launched two satellites today.
The UNIAN agency, in turn, writes that residents of Ukraine observe "a rare pink aurora borealis."
According to the agency, this unusual phenomenon may be associated with magnetic storms and new solar flares.
Жители по всей Украине наблюдают в небе странное свечение

Что то в Украине аномалии зачастили. Пару дней назад наблюдалось нечто зеленое, теперь то ли голубое, то ли розовое. Короче развлекают бедных украинцев, а то там во многих местах часто нет электричества. Ни в интернет, ни телевизор посмотреть, а так хоть в небо поглядят.

This huge meteor/fireball over Zaragoza, Spain, was recorded last night:

In the tweet they refer to their website (a Spanish fireball registration site) for more information. On that website, it's mentioned that the meteor/fireball was seen in the following regions: Andalucía, Aragón, Castilla-La Mancha, Castilla y León, Comunidad de Madrid, Comunitat Valenciana, Illes Balears, La Rioja, Navarra y Euskadi. In the above tweet they also say: "Under study at @ice_csic [the Spanish Institute of Space Sciences] to confirm possible meteorite fall."

Back
Top Bottom