dates of inputs

heinrich

Dagobah Resident
bonjour. this comment has to do with the dating of inputs to the forum.
you say today, yesterday, but the today of what??? this is an american habit not necessarily shared by all worldwide forum members.
PLEASE, use absolute dates: the today of right now is 240416, or 16 april 2024, or anything explicit...
you insist we communicate in english, ok. but then please adapt to the use of world english.

I'm no expert but think 'today' will probably correspond to the dates and times set on your computer which will be different for different people in different countries. Currently the time on your post tells me that it was posted so many minutes ago, but that could be on a different date here in Australia to where you are.

And since I'm not an expert, I hope I haven't confused things by answering!

I'm no expert but think 'today' will probably correspond to the dates and times set on your computer which will be different for different people in different countries. Currently the time on your post tells me that it was posted so many minutes ago, but that could be on a different date here in Australia to where you are.

And since I'm not an expert, I hope I haven't confused things by answering!
thank you for your speedy reaction. actually, i am in france. still, i prefer a number date to a colloquial today, yesterday, tomorrow... this is one reason i prefer a flat earth with classical trigonometry...

bonjour. this comment has to do with the dating of inputs to the forum.
you say today, yesterday, but the today of what??? this is an american habit not necessarily shared by all worldwide forum members.
PLEASE, use absolute dates: the today of right now is 240416, or 16 april 2024, or anything explicit...
you insist we communicate in english, ok. but then please adapt to the use of world english.
The dates shown are based on the time zone that your specific forum profile is set to. Click on your profile in the upper right, then click on Preferences, where you can choose your time zone.

The dates shown are based on the time zone that your specific forum profile is set to. Click on your profile in the upper right, then click on Preferences, where you can choose your time zone.

And then if you're on a device with a mouse, hover your mouse pointer over "55 minutes ago" or "Today at 16:23" for example, and it will show you the date + time of the post in your selected time zone.

Back
Top Bottom