Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

For a while I was thinking that Trump was becoming a little more sympathetic towards the Palestinian people, and maybe he would change his mind about fully supporting Israel. If the following article is true, and Trump actually has that attitude towards the university students protesting the genocide of the Palestinian people, then I've lost all faith in Trump being able to do anything good for America.

If the following article is true, and Trump actually has that attitude towards the university students protesting the genocide of the Palestinian people, then I've lost all faith in Trump being able to do anything good for America.
That video clip with reference to death penalty is from 2018, where Trump talks about the shooting at Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburg, where 11 people died. This is then quoted in that article to give appearance as he would have said it just recently when he bashed those protesters, which is false.

It's unfortunate for Trump to say that students protesting the genocide are 'raging lunatics', but IMO he is talking to his voter base in the context of the dire refugee situation in US, and all the previous protests and social unrest (BLM, LGBTQ, all the woke crazy stuff), as the current student protesters are mostly leftists, some of them woke aligned, so it doesn't necessarily mean he approves what Israel is doing (although he is not really condemning it either). Last month Trump said this in an interview:
“Get it over with and let’s get back to peace and stop killing people. And that’s a very simple statement,” Trump said. “They have to get it done. Get it over with and get it over with fast because we have to -- you have to get back to normalcy and peace [...]

“They’re releasing the most heinous, most horrible tapes of buildings falling down. And people are imagining there’s a lot of people in those buildings, or people in those buildings, and they don’t like it,” he added. “They’re losing the PR war. They’re losing it big. But they’ve got to finish what they started, and they’ve got to finish it fast, and we have to get on with life.” [...]

“I will say Israel has to be very careful because you are losing a lot of the world. You are losing a lot of support,” he had warned.
Trump may give appearance that he supports Israel, as that is the reality of US politics, but there's the saying "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" and in the end he is all about America First, non-interventionism and nationalism, and the logical end road for these ideas would be to withdraw US influence from the geopolitical stage, which would be detrimental for Israel.

That video clip with reference to death penalty is from 2018, where Trump talks about the shooting at Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburg, where 11 people died. This is then quoted in that article to give appearance as he would have said it just recently when he bashed those protesters, which is false.

Thanks for pointing that out, Seppo Ilmarinen. I should of researched the article a little more before posting it.

Trump may give appearance that he supports Israel, as that is the reality of US politics, but there's the saying "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" and in the end he is all about America First, non-interventionism and nationalism, and the logical end road for these ideas would be to withdraw US influence from the geopolitical stage, which would be detrimental for Israel.

Yeah, that's pretty well the way I was seeing it too (before reading that article).

Back
Top Bottom