Ingo Swann's Penetration

I recently read Bob Teets books [West Virginia UFOs] and am finishing up his second [UFOs and Mental Health -1997]. These are both very good objective looks at the abduction phenomena in good journalistic style by a former journalist. They are also referenced by Laura in a number of places. In UFOs and Mental Health, Teets addresses RV'ers and some comments on Ingo - thus the divergence from the story line described here. I'm going to type in this section of his book here. Just prior to this section, Teets presents a short review of the book Remote Viewers: The Secret History of America's Psychic Spies by Jim Schnabel. He gives it some praise as a "must read", and suggests that Schnabel must have been given much inside government info during his research for the book. Schnabel presents some embarrasing details associated with many of the top RV'ers, in conflict with their professed images. The section in question is:

[Begin Teets Quote] UFOs and the Dark Place

There is also mention of UFOs in Schnabel's book.

Ed Dames and other RV'ers often encountered UFOs and their occupants, according to Schnabel. Dames seemed to prefer such sessions, writes Schnabel, and even garnered other RV'ers together to peek at ETs, the Loch Ness Monster, various Virgin Mary sites, and the lost continent of Atlantis, though Ingo Swann is reported to have eschewed most such endeavors to remote view UFOs because he feared the UFO occupants may turn the tables on him and not only remote view him, but possess his soul in the bargain.

If Schnabel's reportage is accurate on this last count, Swann's concerns carry implications for the existence of entities capable of "possessing" human beings, a belief persistent in nearly all civilizations and most major religions since the beginning of rcorded history.

(Schnabel, after interviewing most of the major players in the RV program, reports that the RV program lost momentum in its later years and began a decline into "paranormal Chaos, a dark place, infested by madness and mischievious sprites ...")

It is not clear, but one is led to believe after reviewing these various books, that no one involved in the remote viewing programs paid much attention to such a possibility, whether the "possessing" entity was of a type we call extraterrestrial or an old-fashioned demon mentioned in various religious traditions. Assuming for the moment that such was a possibility, then we are presented a scenario whereby non-human intelligences invaded an initially promising human program and slowly turned it and many of its ill-equipped Jedi Knights toward the "Dark Side". [End Teets Quote]

I just finished reading Swann's, Penetration, last night. It is actually a pretty good read, but there are some questions about his relationship with the mysterious Axlerod, which cast some doubt on his tale.

Why would this ultra spook organization of Axelrod's feel compelled to, a few years after his work for them, contact him out of the blue, fly him in a private jet to Alaska, hike him into the woods to show him the materialization of a triangular UFO, then take him home, with no further contact? That just didn't make any sense to me. Cui bono?

The third part of the book, wherein he describes the government and mainstream science's resistance to and obfuscation of research into telepathy rang true enough though. It was collinear with Keel's frustration over UFOlogy's resistance to the unification of most paranormal events under the umbrella of one source of hyperdimensional control. It is clear that Swann never read any of Keel's work, or Ouspensky's descriptions of Gurdjieff's telepathic abilities. Too bad. It would have given him some insight into areas in which he was seemingly lacking.

Whether the book is a work of fiction, I don't know. Some of it certainly resonates. His hypotheses on consciousness are interesting.

Here is the wiki on Swann _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingo_Swann

I downloaded the whole scribd file on Swann that was linked here. I'll try to work through that material this week. Also need to visit his website. He is an interesting study.

Ha! I haven't read the book personally but the funny part for me was one of the Amazon reviews:

20 of 20 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 of a kind !, July 20, 2000
By R. Welch "Bob Welch" (Antioch, TN USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

Ingo Swann is for real... He, along with Russel Targ started the CIA , and later, US Army remote viewing programs. If what he says in this book is even half true (even Swann admits that psychic "knowing" is a 50/50 proposition), then we are in for a wild ride in the next 100 years of human history. I only hope I can live long enough to see SOME of these things validated...or not ! Plus, Ingo has a unique and very amusing tongue in cheek writing style, which I most enjoy !

That would be Bob Welch the former lead singer/guitar player for Fleetwood Mac who had a couple solo hits. Not sure rock stars make good Ufologists (except maybe if interviewed by Dave McGowan) but here's more Welch:

Above Black: Project Preserve Destiny Insider Account of Alien Contact & Government Cover-Up
by Dan Sherman
33 of 35 people found the following review helpful:
Style does NOT equal substance, July 25, 2005
I have a huge collection of ufo related books , from mid fifties James McDonald stuff through Jaques Vallee and J. Allen Hynek,and on to Stanton Freidman and the beginning of the whole "Majestic 12" rumor,on through to the early abduction accounts of Betty and Barney Hill, "Incident At Exeter" by Fowler ,on through to all the Streiber and Budd Hopkins stuff,continuing to the really "way-out" things like Ingo Swanns "Penetration". I have all the books on the subject by Harvard psychiatrist John Mack, Steven Greer's "Disclosure Project" books, Richard Dolan's "Ufo's And The National Security State" , and on through to tangentially ufo related books like Nick Cooks "The Hunt For Zero Point Energy" , Joe McMoneagles "Mind Trek" , and "The Excalibur Briefing" by Thomas Bearden. I also have all the Richard T. Hall books , the Jim Marrs books etc. etc. etc.........HERE'S MY POINT ; if you have read any of the just cited items , GET ABOVE BLACK. Many, many little details in Above Black dovetail very nicely with and corroborate things I have previously read. It's a great book to ADD to your collection.

If , however , you've only read 1 or 2 pop-culture ufo type books
and put the whole subject on an "lastest tidbits about Paris Hilton or Tommy Lee" timewaster level , this book will mean nothing to you.

As another reviewer said , Above Black DOES help connect some dots....but ONLY if you already have a deep knowledge of the subject.

Newbies and thrill-seekers and fundmentalists whether scientific , or religious....stay away ! This book will only cause you to thrash around in confusion even more....and you don't need another ulcer ;-)

The Living Energy Universe
by Gary E. Schwartz
12 of 18 people found the following review helpful:
The dream is coming true..., July 23, 2000
A wonderful read by that rarest of breeds, two SOULFUL scientists who are NOT afraid to express what we all secretly hope for; that our lives are not all just "sound and fury , signifying NOTHING" , but are somehow remembered, eternally. And all this without religious buzz words or jargon , plus an actual equation which shows how (non-physical)information must be preserved ! PLUS..they have a sense of humor ! 5 stars..

The Ultimate Time Machine: A Remote Viewer’s Perception of Time, and Predictions for the New Millennium
by Joe McMoneagle
6 of 8 people found the following review helpful:
Joe is # 1 remote viewer., July 19, 2000
Joe McMoneagle has "been there, done that" when it comes to things "psychic". I met Joe at the first Monroe Institute "Gateway Voyage" that I did, and could tell immediately that this was a no-nonsense U.S.Army guy. I do feel however, that what he had to say in "Mind Trek" was more enlightening from a philosophic "how does it all work?" view. Still, Joes books are the best. 41/2 stars !

Ufo...Contact from Planet Iarga
by Stefen Denaerde
A wonderfully abstract, deeply strange and startling UFO contact book.The 2nd half,not easy reading, is the startling and suprising part. I've never read anything like it !...and I have a huge UFO book collection, from the "flakey", to the scientifically statistical !

I knew (from earlier this year at a Welch web site) that Welch was into UFOs and had written letters to congressmen but I hadn't seen his Amazon reviews and didn't know he met McMoneagle (or anybody of that sort). I sense a music board post building in me!

Laura/Cassiopeian/Ingo Swann ?

Does somebody know if Laura read some of Ingo Swann stuff or/and the Cassiopeian tell some about it?

Re: Laura/Cassiopeian/Ingo Swann ?

Instead of starting a new thread, it's best, and externally considerate, to first search the forum for any previous discussions. You can find a thread on Ingo Swann here - http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=7618.0

Pashalis said:
Does somebody know if Laura read some of Ingo Swann stuff or/and the Cassiopeian tell some about it?

Hi Pashalis,

You have written the same message on another board. I am going to merge it.

By the way, welcome to our forum. :)

We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, how they found the cass material, and how much of the work here they have read.

You can have a look through that board to see how others have done it.

What's on the Moon?

I read Ingo Swanns book Penetration it's Amazing if what he tells it's true (I think so) !!! And also seen a lot of Stuff on the net about it .
It's really thrilling to think about it. Do the Cassiopaean tell something about it?

Re: What's on the Moon?

Hi Pashalis, and welcome to the forum :)

I see that you posted the same comment on five different boards. Please refrain from doing this -- once is enough, and any more only creates extra work for those who have to maintain the forum boards and threads. As was suggested in another thread, it would be great if you would introduce yourself in the Newbies section, telling us a bit about yourself and how you found the forum.

Ok I'm new here! Sorry for writing the same massenges on other boards ! I just wanted to reach as many people as possible to find the answer!

Pashalis said:
I read Ingo Swanns book Penetration it's Amazing if what he tells it's true (I think so) !!! And also seen a lot of Stuff on the net about it .
It's really thrilling to think about it. Do the Cassiopaean tell something about it?

Can you summarize for us what this Ingo Swanns tells in his book?

Pashalis said:
Ok I'm new here! Sorry for writing the same massenges on other boards ! I just wanted to reach as many people as possible to find the answer!

Even if you post in one forum, every one will be able to see it just the same by clicking "View the most recent posts on the forum."
which most people do. So it wasn't really necessary.
Just FYI :)

Some people say he is on of the best maybe the best remote viewer we ever had and also he is one of the first who done it . The Book is divided in three parts Part 1: among others he's telling about something he can not proof, when it has happen he was called from a secret organisation, then when he was brought to there Office (under very high security standart ) He started to do his thing, He did Remote Viewing on the moon, He Saw really Big Towers, Green Light in the Krater something like some sort of Plants, Human Like People (Without spacesuit )and so on....... till this day he thought that the moon is a dead Rock ! Part 2: Facts about the moon (You will wonder why you never heard of them!) Part 3:Earthside and Spaceside Telepathy

Hi Pashalis,

Did you get a chance to read through the link that Heimdallr provided earlier? This book "Penetration" is also discussed there. By the way, don't forget to introduce yourself in the Newbies section, telling us a bit about yourself and how you found the forum. Thanks. :)

Can somebody send me the Swann files via email (if it is not too big). I don't want to have an account at scribd.

Hi Laura ! Here is the Site where I downloaded the Script of Ingo Swanns Book Penetration (http://pdfdatabase.com/search/free-download-remote-viewing-ingo-swann.html )
This is one of his Books, he has other Stuff too!! This is one of these Books you never find in a library (I wonder why?)

Back
Top Bottom