Fighting Fungus - Oregano Oil

Miss Isness

Jedi Master
Found a bit of info about oregano oil in the comments section of this page:

http://vitalvotes.com/blogs/public_blog/can-vicks-vaporub-treat-toenail-fungus--8124.aspx

Although, like most supplements, herbs, and vitamins, it's much cheaper in the U.S., I found a reasonable price here: http://www.paulboizot.co.uk/shop/index.htm

I've already placed my order, as I've had a very severe fungal infection on my by toe since I got a small surgical procedure done on it over 10 years ago. I've tried lots of things to get rid of it to no avail. I'll let you know how it goes...

Miss Isness I've found tea tree oil to be successfull in treating fungus, ringworm to be specific.
Here's one page I found: http://www.teatreeoiluses.com/

The oil is very strong/pungent and so the method I used was a cuetip lightly dampened with distilled water, then a couple of drops of the oil, then applied to the area. Repeated a couple of times daily.

It was successful on me and my cat.

My understanding of oregano oil is that is a very good anti-bacterial.

I tried using tea tree oil, but it didn't work for my toenail fungus, which is definitely a very resistant variety. I'm hoping it will go better with oregano oil.

If you haven't already used Terbinafin (Lamisil), I would recommend that you try it, if the oregano oil doesn't work. I have seen it kill really bad fungus in the nails and on the toes a couple of times. Of course some of it goes into the system, but it is less than 5 percent and it has a half life of 30 hours.
Good luck fighting off the invaders!

Lamisil is indeed very effective but it can disturb the balance of the organism even if resorbed in the small doses

I have had a similar problem and have managed to keep it under control with homeopathy but I would like to see it completely cleared
Miss Isness do report if Oregano Oil is effective

I have used oregano oil to cure and help a few things over the years. My son had an angioma on his arm. Rather a large one at that. I would put a couple of drops on a bandaid and put it on there. After about three months it totally dried up and fell off. One thing I like to do with the oil is dilute it with olive oil. Otherwise, it can somewhat "burn" your skin. The dilution is good on hemroids, insect bites, poison ivy. Anything itchy. I think the stuff works but you need to be persistent and alternate using a straight bit of the oil and the diluted solution on alternate days to treat stubborn problems without over drying the surrounding skin. Be persistent and it just might work. I also have effectively cured ringworm on my foot with it. It took about 5 days. Just be careful to keep the stuff out of your eyes. It's very strong.

Oregano oil is a very powerful anti-bacterial. I wasn't aware of it being effective specifically for fungus, but it could well be.

Miss Isness, according to Dr. Hulda Clark, fungus needs sugar, iron, and moisture to grow. You may try cutting down your sugar intake as much as possible, also iron intake for a little while; and keep the infected area (in this case, your toe nail) as dry as possible. Vitamin C also helps. All of the above advise has been tested by me and others I've told with good results. It is difficult to get rid of fungus, but with persistence it can be done.

I hope this helps.

I had a toe nail fungus for 3-4 years after injury to my toe from hiking too much, then subsequent pregnancies. Tea tree oil, medical prescriptions, and oregano oil did not get rid of it.

It's finally gone now after taking large doses of probiotics every day for about 6 months. I still take probiotics apprx weekly.

I'm thinking that if you have a stubborn fungus you probably have candida as well--probably systemic, as I did. Probiotics are the only thing that will really bring that into balance. You can kill off quite a bit of the candida with different anti-yeast/fungals, but this throws your body out of balance and the candida comes back stronger than ever. You can starve the candida with dietary restrictions, ie, no sugar, simple carbs, anything with yeast or mold, alcohol, ect., but this you must stick to strictly for at least 6-9 months. Very hard to do.

Of course, stay away from anti-biotics! They kill all the "good bugs" in your digestive tract that eat the candida.

Good Luck!

When i went on a very long hike/walk, i was advised by my ayurvedic doctor to apply neem oil on my toe nails daily and i won't be having any fungus problems, and i didn't :) But do check it out on the net, it's one of those "magical" oils: you rub it on you and bugs don't bug you, disinfects acne without drying the skin, etc. You can read here:

n India the Neem Tree is known as the village pharmacy because of its many diverse uses. Some of its recommended uses are for treating fevers, digestive disturbances, skin problems, and general fatigue. It has been used for intestinal parasites, malaria, diabetes, fungal infections, and inflammatory diseases. We have successfully treated many of the symptoms of Lyme disease with Neem. Specifically the arthritic symptoms associated with Lyme disease have been shown to be dramatically reduced with the use of Neem. Neem generally can help with the treatment of most kinds of arthritic conditions. We recommend that Neem be taken with Boswellia or Joint Support to treat arthritis and joint and muscle pain. It is the herb of choice for the treatment of all sorts of skin conditions such as acne, eczema, skin rashes, and dermatitis. Neem posesses similar benefits of Echinacea & Goldenseal.

Used daily, Neem is known to purify the blood. According to Ayurvedic physicians Neem is called "Sarva Roga Nivarini": The One That Can Cure All Ailments. Even Gandhi revered Neem and called for additional scientific investigation into the powerful herb as part of his program to revitalize Indian traditions.

I cured a toenail fungus with daily glasses of nettle infusion. Took about six weeks, though, so one must be patient. Oregano IS a strong anti-fungal, as is myrhh oil, and also grapeseed extract. Perhaps a two-pronged approach, as I believe this must be approached systemically as well (most fungi are really persistent). So, drink the nettles, and apply the oil..You might want to try a bentonite pack on the toe (you can mix some of the oregano oil in it.) Amazing stuff. Good luck.

Cured mine with Silver Coloid, both topical and as a drink.

Previous tried drugs, lotions and potions for 3 years. After 2 weeks of treatment starting early April, it killed the infection in my fingers and toes and though the dead remnants have not yet fully grown out - another month or so should see it finally gone - bliss - no more plasters hiding my embarrasing fingernails.

Irini said:
n India the Neem Tree is known as the village pharmacy because of its many diverse uses. Some of its recommended uses are for treating fevers, digestive disturbances, skin problems, and general fatigue. It has been used for intestinal parasites, malaria, diabetes, fungal infections, and inflammatory diseases. We have successfully treated many of the symptoms of Lyme disease with Neem. Specifically the arthritic symptoms associated with Lyme disease have been shown to be dramatically reduced with the use of Neem. Neem generally can help with the treatment of most kinds of arthritic conditions. We recommend that Neem be taken with Boswellia or Joint Support to treat arthritis and joint and muscle pain. It is the herb of choice for the treatment of all sorts of skin conditions such as acne, eczema, skin rashes, and dermatitis. Neem posesses similar benefits of Echinacea & Goldenseal.

Used daily, Neem is known to purify the blood. According to Ayurvedic physicians Neem is called "Sarva Roga Nivarini": The One That Can Cure All Ailments. Even Gandhi revered Neem and called for additional scientific investigation into the powerful herb as part of his program to revitalize Indian traditions.
Actually Neem Tree seems to be very effective in parasite control,
it has been used in mostly third countries in veterinary medicine as a cheep substitute to antihelmintic drugs with promising results

http://www.agriculture.gov.bb/files/Neem.pdf

I'm happy to say my toenail is now fungus free. I used oregano pure essential oil by Primavera full strength on the nail, and internally 1 part essential oil to 10 parts olive oil - 3 drops in the morning and 3 drops at night. I found some interesting information on the connection between Candida, foot fungus, mercury fillings, pms, cystitis and a host of other ailments caused by imbalances that can eventually lead to cancer. More information here: http://www.candida-society.org.uk/

I bought 3, 25 ml bottles at the link posted earlier in this thread, but found the 10 ml bottle of Primavera at the herb shop before my order arrived. I haven't even used half of the 10 ml bottle yet - strong stuff. According to what I've read, it's important to verify that you are getting origanum vulgaris, which grows in mediterranean regions.

Getting my mercury fillings replaced is the next thing on my list.....

Horses are susceptible to similar fungi between their hoof walls--old time horsemen would stand their horses in a shallow pan of chlorine bleach for about ten minutes for a few times, or pour bleach on the bottom of the horses hooves and scrub it with a brush. I found this works better on my horses than any Vet prescribed medicine. So, when a nasty, persistent fungus grew under my big toenail, after wearing nail polish for several months without a break, I took a Qtip and swabbed bleach on it for a couple of days and it cleared up completely and stayed away until a few years later when I did the same nail polish thing again. This time I soaked my toe in a small pan of half water and half bleach and cured the nail fungus again with only two soaks. Bleach is hard on skin and one may experience some peeling of the skin--rinse very thoroughly when you are done soaking--until the skin no longer feels slippery, and keep feet and nails as dry as possible and well aired. I gave up wearing nail polish.
shellycheval

I was browsing this section and have a nice, pink big toe nail after discovering a fungus eating the left
side of the big toe nail in January, 2008. I trimmed the toenail over the fungus infected area and taped
a piece of cottonswab soaked in goldenseal-myrrh tincture on the toe each night for about a month. This
worked very well. I have used this tincture on a persistent fungus infection on my elbow, after several years
of trying various remedies. A friend told me the Indians of Oaxaca, Mx. apply crushed garlic to the toe and tape
it on over night. She said the toenail falls off and a fine new one grows. She has done this herself. I was going to experiment with her method if the goldenseal-myrrh tincture didn't work, but it did. I have
used garlic for sinus infections as well. I crushed garlic, soaked it in olive oil overnight and put a half a dropper
of the strained oil down the nostril with my head tilted back. Many of these home remedies are very effective and cheap. It is fun to experiment with treating the bodily ills ourselves, the body appreciates the attention. Close personal attention to the health of the body seems to confer a separation from the bodies comfort and pleasure being the guiding principle of my life, as well as a sense of personal responsiblity that is missing when
professionals are in charge, and they are if a release for treatment is signed, but that is another story.

Back
Top Bottom