The New Age 'Enlightenment Business' (Deeksha Oneness)

The New Age ‘Enlightenment Business’ – Western style Cargo cults

Anders said:
Bhagavan is out on a mission to save the planet and intends to have made 64000 people enlightened by year 2010 in order to save humanity and create a golden civilization with mass enlightenment by 2012.
It reminds one of the following from the Cassiopaean transcripts:
000923 said:
Q: Well, in the first place, I don't think there is going to be any star elders calling anybody together simply because everybody on the planet is here because they made a free will choice to be here, and everybody is here to do what they are going to do according to their plans, whether they are in cooperation with anyone else or not and don't need anybody to call them to tell them anything. In the second place, the only ones who would be "calling" anybody to "come together," would the STS oriented beings because such bidding from a higher density being only CAN come from the STS faction, because the STO faction aren't going to call anybody to come together because if they want to "come together" with anyone it has to come from inside from free will choice and not because they are called.
A: Yes.
Q: On the other hand, if Service to Others types DO come together, what kind of stimulus for that coming together could, or would, there be?
A: Natural progression.
To the same line one could add:
970405 said:
A: […] Beware of those who possess a nature of thinking there are plans set in concrete, and require the participation of you!
Next suppose someone comes and say they have scientifically proven solutions that can solve all problems?
000909 said:
Q: (L) Is L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology set up going in the right direction in helping people to become free of the Control System on the planet?
A: Exchange, to a limited extent.
Q: (L) So, it is just an exchange of control system from one to another?
A: Something like that.
Q: (L) Well, JW pointed out that, at least when Scientology gets done with a person, they are off drugs, off alcohol, they stop beating their wife and kids, and become productive people. That DOES seem to be true! They get free of attachments and improve themselves in many ways. Couldn't that be considered positive?
A: Sure.
Q: (L) What is the downside of such a positive thing?
A: Decreasing individual discovery.
The remark concerning "Decreasing individual discovery" may also be implied in the following answer:
941107 said:
Q: (L) Is the ayurvedic system a superior system to others?
A: Free will.
Which leads to the next issue. Oneness University originates in India. What do the transcripts have to say about the background of India and Indian culture:
970531 said:
Q: Let's back up here. You said that the Celts came from Kantek. They were transported by the Lizzies... brought here, correct?
Q: When the Lizzies did this, how many Celts were physically brought here?
A: Hundreds of millions.
Q: How long, in our terms, did it take to bring these Celts to this planet? Or, is this ongoing?
A: Well, in the sense that you measure it, let us say about a week.
Q: Did they transport them in ships -- that is some sort of structure. That is, did they load them up, move them into 4th density, and reemerge here in 3rd density or something like that?
A: Close.
Q: And they unloaded them in the area of the Caucasus, is that correct?
A: And regions surrounding.
Q: And, that was what, 79 to 80 thousand years ago?
A: Over 80,000.
Q: As I understand it, Atlantis was already quite a developed civilization at that time, is that correct?
A: Yes, but regions change with waves of immigration, or conquest... witness your own lands.
Q: You also said once that there was a nuclear war in India and that this was what was being discussed in the Vedas when it talks about the 'blue-skinned' people who weren't really blue because they were Celts, and they were flying in aircraft, and they were engaged in this war, etc. Who were the Celts at war with?
A: The Paranthas.
Q: Now, wait a minute! Who are the Paranthas?! Do we have a new player here?
A: Not new.
Q: Do we know them by another name?
A: Choose.
Q: The Atlanteans? Were the Celts of India at war with the Atlanteans in the Atlantic?
A: Atlantis was merely a home base of an advanced civilization of 3 races of humans occupying different sections of a huge Island empire, which, in itself, underwent 3 incarnations over a 100,000 year period as you would measure it.
Q: The 3 races were the Celts... and who were the second and third?
A: Or Kantekkians.
Q: Are the Kantekkians different from the Celts?
A: Only in the sense of long term racial and genetic blending.
Q: So, Atlantis had the Kantekkians and who else?
A: Race you would call "Native Americans," and a third, no longer existing race, somewhat resembling Australian or Guinean aborigines, only lighter in complexion.
Q: Was this third group destroyed by the other two?
A: One of the 3 cataclysms.
Q: Paranthas. Who were the Paranthas?
A: Nation of race mentioned above.
Q: So, the Paranthas were the antecedents of the Abos of Australia?
A: Yes, and compare to now existing peoples of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, and New Guinea for similarities, bearing in mind genetic mixing and dilution.
Q: Were the Vedas written by the Paranthas or written by the Celts?
A: Descendants of Parantha, as per "Divine guidance."
Q: That explains a LOT. I was just thinking about it the other day. If these people in India are related to the Celts, as philologists would have us believe due to language roots, there is no way I can understand this because they are simply NOTHING like them in any way. Come on! We are talking about a race that is subservient and sly and obsequious - just NOTHING like the Celts. So bizarrely different! Okay, I think that you said that this nuclear war happened something like 50,000 years ago. We have taken care of a couple of points; we have 3 races on Atlantis, Celts all over the place... did the Celts conquer the Atlanteans?
A: No.
Q: Did they just move in and hang out?
A: They took over the Northern section.
There was a reference to a time reference of some 50.000 years back. I could not find it in the transcripts.

Later the Aryans possibly invaded India again:
941020 said:
Q: When did the Aryans invade India?
A: 8243 years ago.
In more recent history the British invaded India. Would there have been many spiritual movements coming out of India, if the British had not imposed English as the language of administration?

In spite of the invasion into India, apparently there have been movements out of India.
941020 said:
Q: What is the origin of the Nubians?
A: Caucus range.
Q: How come they are so terribly black?
A: Genetic mixing.
Q: With what? Anything particularly special about them?
A: East Indian aborigines.
The following has more on Veda. The questions were asked about two years earlier than the one, which mentioned: 'Descendants of 'Parantha, as per "Divine guidance".'
950812 said:
Q: (L) My first question is: What is the source of the Vedas? The Hindu system of philosophy?
A: There is more than one source.
Q: (L) What is the general source, positive or...
A: A very vague question.
Q: (L) Was it a group of people that put them together over centuries, or was it channeled information, or...?
A: It came into being as a result of meditation.
Q: (L) And what race of people was responsible for this information?
A: Caucasian.
Q: (L) What period of time were the Vedas received.
A: Varying bits and pieces of information which later was organized into packages labeled as it is.
Q: (L) From what realm did this meditated information issue?
A: The realm of the subconscious mind.
Q: (L) Are any of the Vedas information that was given to man by extra-terrestrials?
A: Not as you would define it.
Q: (L) From what types of beings, or what level of density did this information issue from?
A: Third.
Q: (L) Can you give us anything more on that in a general sense?
A: If you ask.
Q: (L) What is the percentage of accuracy of the information given in the Vedas? Overall?
A: Accurate at what level?
Q: (L) Third Density.
A: Accurate to what extent and in what way?
Q: (L) Well, in a general sense, as a way of living one's life and perceiving the universe.
A: That's an extremely difficult question to answer as accuracy in determining such things as perceiving the universe and living one's life is entirely open to interpretation as anyone can resolve accuracy by relating to the parallel universe which is appropriate for the information given. And, as we have stated in the past, it is possible to create parallel universes through thought energy, and once they are created naturally, they correspond naturally to the interpretation given for them.
Just like in the Bible and the Koran one can in the Veda and Vedic literature, find codes that prove to the true believer that his scripture is the only one and that everybody else should submit:
980808 said:
Q: (A) I want to know about this Bible Code, because one possibility is that all of this is created by just wishful thinking...
A: Any large literary work can be found to have a "code" if one searches...
Q: (L) Well, we don't really know what the professor wrote because the reporter wrote the book, not the researcher. You also have a couple of problems with the Hebrew language. The accusation was made that when the exact 'code' didn't fit, he would skip some extra letters or words or lines to make it fit. So there is a controversy over this.
A: Hindsight is 20/20.
Q: (L) The woman who was talking about the book said that all of the 'findings' were 'after the fact.' I don't think he really made any 'predictions' in the book. (A) Can one predict things in this way?
A: If one chooses.
Q: (L) Doesn't mean it's gonna happen!
One possibility for a "true code" is to engineer history, time and space from a higher density, so that it shows up as later fitting "perfectly".
950812 said:
Q: (L) Is there any benefit to be obtained through the use of mantras?
A: Especially when the mind says there is. Remember, most all power necessary for altering reality and physicality is contained within the belief center of the mind. This is something you will understand more closely when you reach 4th density reality where physicality is no longer a prison, but is instead, your home, for you to alter as you please. In your current state, you have the misinterpretation of believing that reality is finite and therein lies your difficulty with finite physical existence. We are surprised that you are still not able to completely grasp this concept.
The above fits quite well with the next section that also mentions 'Yogis ':
950121 said:
Q: (L) Yes. Okay. How "long", and I put long in quotes, because we know, as you say, there is no time, but how long, as we measure it, have the Grays been interacting with our race? The Grays, not the Lizards, the Grays, the cybergenetic probes?
Q: (L) What do you mean, "No"?
A: Time travelers, therefore, "Time is ongoing."
Q: (L) Okay, recently I read a couple of books JR gave me, "Knight in Shining Armor" and "Replay". Both of these books described time travel.
A: No, not finished with answer. Do you understand the gravity of last response?
Q: (L) They are time travelers, they can move forward and backward in time, they can play games with our heads... (T) They can set up the past to create a future they want. (D) They can organize things so that they can create the energy that they need... (L) They can also make things look good, make them feel good, make them seem good, they can make you have an idea one minute, and then the next minute, create some sort of situation that confirms that idea...
A: When you asked how long, of course it is totally unlimited, is it not?
Q: (L) That's not good. If they were to move back through space time and alter an event in our past, would that alteration in the past instantaneously alter our present as well?
A: Has over and over and over.
Q: (D) So they do it over and over and over, constantly? (L) So, at each...
A: You just are not yet aware, and have no idea of the ramifications!!!
Q: (L) We're getting a little glimmer! Yeah, I do, a little! (T) The ramifications of being able to move in and out of time and manipulate it the way you want (JR/Laura) And the ramifications of what they're doing to us; what they are doing to us and what they will do to us, over and over. (Frankdy) What did it say about over and over? (L) So, in other words, our only real prayer in this whole damn situation is to get out of this density level. That's what they're saying, that's what it sounds like to me.
Q: (L) Because, otherwise, we're just literally, as in that book, stuck in the replay over and over and over, and the Holocaust could happen over and over, and we could just, you know... Ghengis Khan, Atilla the Hun... over and over and over again. (T) We're stuck in a time loop; they're putting us in a time loop. (J) Are we in a time loop?
Q: (D) I have a question about... there was a... (PAUSE) Mankind has found it necessary for some reason or other to appoint time for some reason or other. The only reason I can see is to have a means of telling, like in verbal or written communications...
A: Control mechanism.
Q: (T) Is there a way for us to break the control mechanism? Besides moving to 4th density? (D) That was part...
A: Nope.
Q: (D) When 4th density beings communicate it's telepathic, right?
Q: (D) Okay, since time doesn't exist, how do you communicate about happenings?
A: Rephrase, please; clarify.
Q: (L) What she means to ask is, if you're communicating telepathically... (D) On 4th density.. (L) And time doesn't exist, how do you communicate about events as one happens now, as opposed to later and the next thing happens, and the next thing happens... (J) How is it sequential?
A: Translate.
Q: (D) Translate? Okay, let me explain what I mean. I mean, we talk about 1907 something happened...
A: That is how it is done.
Q: (T) Translate is how it is done. You translate the experience?
A: From 4 to 3. And vice versa.
Q: (L) So, in other words, it's almost like making movies. (J) Are linear thought processes part of it? Is it being linear and non-linear?
A: Part of 3d illusion only.
Q: (L) So, in other words, if you're a 4th density being, everything is more or less happening, excuse the term happening, everything is simultaneous, and if you wish to discuss or communicate or have any focus upon any particular aspect of this unified dimension, then what you do is you kind of extract it out, project it into 3d...
Q: (L) ... like a movie.
A: But you will not understand fully until you get there
Q: (T) Okay, so it's a concept that we can't completely grasp in 3d at this point.
A: Can a dog grasp algebra? You got it.
Q: (L) In other words, we're in bad shape! And these guys are playing games with us, so to speak...
A: Subjective.
Q: (T) Subjective to whether we're in bad shape or not.
Q: (T) I was going to say that doesn't necessarily mean we're in bad shape... (L) Well, the situation we find ourselves in, is the only way of getting out of this time loop, so to speak, to move into another density, or is there a loop in the other density as well?
Q: (L) No loop in the other density?
A: Yogis can do it.
Q: (L) Yogis can do it... (T) Transcend time. (L) Okay, let me ask this before we really start to go...
A: How they control their own physicality.
There was a mention of the word 'avatar' in one of the posts. Here is more:
960223 said:
Q: (MM) I would like to know if the Cassiopaeans are familiar with the entity that was on the three dimensional level known as Paramahansa Yogananda?
A: Third density, not three dimensional. And yes, but this entity had many aliases: Thorn, Christian, Mobson Singh, etc.
Q: (MM) Where is Paramahansa now?
A: Fifth Density.
Q: (MM) Is he the Avatar?
A: That is a subjective, artificial concept of the self- styled variety.
Q: (MM) Who came up with the concept? (W) I don't know. I read it in a book somewhere. (L) So, someone said he is now an Avatar?
A: Is Debbie a "shaman," is Billy a "hero," is Oscar a "blade runner?"
Three of the characters mentioned in the Vedic literature are mentioned next.
941020 said:
Q: Who was the Queen of Sheba?
A: Fictional.
Q: Did a great queen come to visit King Solomon?
A: Alien influence.
Q: Who was Arjuna?
A: Same as Sheba.
Q: Who is Shiva?
A: Same.
Q: Rama?
A: Indian. High priest influenced by Confederation.
Q: Is Ormethion who the Lizzies worship?
Q: Who do they worship? What do they call their god?
A: Physical universe.
Q: The physical universe is their god?
Parts of the Veda prescribe rituals like many other organized religions:
941128 said:
Q: (L) Is the altar beneficial to have in one's house?
A: Okay.
Q: (L) Is that okay beneficial?
A: Be careful not to jump to conclusions.
Q: (L) What conclusions? That the altar is okay beneficial. Is it highly okay for us?
Q: (L) Mediocre okay?
A: No. No. No.
Q: (L) What?
A: Laura has been hurt by jumping to Lizard inspired conclusions.
Q: (L) So the altar is useless?
A: No. Just be careful remember metaphysical church group.
Q: (L) Is it a matter of misguided alliances?
A: Has been frequent problem.
Q: (L) Should I dismantle the altar?
A: Altar is okay but other things are not okay like silly rituals.
Q: (L) Is V***s altar okay?
Q: (L) Okay, during the period of time I was getting the hassle from the metaphysical church group, my pool was green. Was this symbolic of the attack I was under?
A: Yes but you left yourself open by association and buying too many concepts without careful examination.
Q: (L) Do you mean that, if, at that time, I had refused to acknowledge that any harm could come to me, that that would have made it impossible for any harm?
A: Close. But investigate before buying and practicing in future okay?
Q: (L) Investigate what? Ideas?
A: Yes. And concepts and especially practices
Q: (L) The ideas of candle burning, salt, sage, shamanistic rituals and so forth? Is all this useless?
A: Maybe.
Q: (L) Is sage not useful?
A: You are learning; remember when we say "good no ritual"?
Q: (L) In other words, your knowledge and your strength which comes from your knowledge and knowing is the point and the protection?
A: Precisely. This is extremely important.
Q: (L) Alexandra David Neel quoted a lama who said we must beware of the children of our own minds as well as the children of the minds of others, such as thought forms perhaps created by higher negative beings. If we do not acknowledge that such things exist, are we then subject to being devoured by them?
A: Ritual drains directly to Lizard beings.
Q: (L) Even our saying of the Lord's prayer?
A: It is okay to pray. Why do you think organized religion is obsessed with rituals?
Q: (L) Is the same thing true of shamanistic practices and so forth?
A: Exactly.
The Vedas are written in Sanskrit:
950318 said:
Q: (L) What is the world's oldest language, at least of those known to today's world?
A: Sanskrit.
Q: (L) What is the origin of Sanskrit?
A: Atlantean roots.
941026 said:
Q: (L) What is the origin of the books of Enoch?
A: Sanskritian society in area now referred to as India.
Q: (L) What evaluation can we give the books of Enoch as far as level of truth?
A: 50% of area was destroyed in nuclear conflagration in between
Q: (L) In between what?
A: Then and now in the expanded present.
Q: (L) What is the "expanded" present?
A: The real measure of time.
The above quote indicates cultural links between India and the Jews. It may go back a long way:
941007 said:
Q: (L) True meaning of the word "Shem"?
A: Purity.
Q: (L) What language is the root of this word found in?
A: Atlantean. Hebrew.
941102 said:
Q: (L) What is the origin of the Sanskrit language?
A: Atlantis.
Q: (L) When the Aryans were brought here, were they brought to Atlantis?
A: No. The Aryans were different from the Atlanteans.
Q: (L) Is there any language in existence today that is descended from the Aryan language? Or, that has remained more similar in development from Indo-European?
A: Yes. All Germanic.
The Sanskritian society mentioned previously or similar, may have had a good amount of knowledge:
941119 said:
Q: (L) Now, we went to the recommended person to take the Reiki initiation, do we now, at this point in time, have the true Reiki initiation?
A: Getting there. Must allow energy to solidify. Do you understand the concept of imprinting?
Q: (L) Yes.
A: Then you know.
Q: (L) Practicing Reiki is the thing that will solidify the force?
A: Partly.
Q: (L) Are there symbols for Reiki that are even older and stronger than the ones we have been given?
Q: (L) Are the original symbols in Sanskrit?
Q: (L) Where are we going to find them?
A: You are not.
About Sanskrit and other symbols:
970412 said:
Q: (M) There is a symbol that always comes to my mind, and I would like to know what this symbol means? [draws symbol which looks like two spirals back to back.]
A: The duality of body and spirit... the two perfectly interlock for those in the physical/material planes. One reflects the other always in the timeless existence of all creation!
Q: What is the origin of that symbol?
A: Symbols always naturally evolve of pure consciousness thought form.
Q: Anything further on that symbol?
Q: Can it be used for anything?
A: Learning, the empowerment that arises from the acquisition of knowledge.
If learning can be described as 'the empowerment that arises from the acquisition of knowledge', what is the role of the opposite?
950924 said:
Q: […] (L) If a lot of the information that is being propagated these days is confusion or disinformation, what is the purpose of all this?
A: You answered yourself: Confusion and disinformation.
Q: (L) I have a theory that the truth, in any large degree, will not be known until just prior to some sort of transition...
A: You expect "truth" then?
Q: (RC) Absolutely! (L) Considering how things are from observation, this may be unrealistic...
A: All there is -- is lessons, no short cuts!
What is "truth"? And why do we believe something is true? That has been discussed in other threads and Ark in his comments frequently returns to the issue. For practical purposes, the above last two comments from the Cassiopaeans inspires me to occasionally review what I think is probable and also once in a while to consider ideas that I did not earlier find likely or even discarded.

This of course could also be applied to what I have already written in this thread! Nevertheless, for the moment I leave it as it is.

thorbiorn

In an old thread on Books about Hypnosis there was:
Laura said:
Another good source is Dick Sutphen. He's very good even if a bit too "New Agey" for my tastes. Some 20 years ago or so he gave a lecture "The Battle For Your Mind." It's really worth getting a copy of this on tape or CD and listening to it. His hypnosis programs are very useful for beginners.
http://www.dicksutphen.com/
On the above site is a written version of the talk referred to, which fits well into this thread on Cargo-cults, since Dick Sutphen describes some of the elements of programming frequently involved in what we have called cargo-cults.

When you read the talk the idea may surface that some parts may appear not to be applicable to this thread. Indeed, I was thinking to edit them out. However if one enlarges the concept of the cargo-cult one notices how many of the "cult techniques" are being used daily on a global scale like in the war on terror. Therefore to edit these sections out would be unfair.

Interestingly enough it might be even unfair to a few of the so-called cargo-cults, whose methods and goals in some cases are more straightforward and transparent than those of a number of governments. What is better; to sit with perhaps a wise and knowledgeable man or lady, where one has maybe even some choice in what one takes in, - or in front of a TV or other media and suck up whatever is presented. Perhaps one could say that some of the "cult" hunting is to scare people from not leaving the authorised way of programming by suggesting that as long as they are not in something officially labelled a "cult" or " sect" they are not and have not been programmed.

In the text that follows there are two comments. I have tried to reconstruct most of the original formatting.

Dick Sutphen said:
The Battle For Your Mind

Persuasion & Brainwashing Techniques
Being Used On The Public Today

By Dick Sutphen

The following is an expanded version of a talk Dick Sutphen delivered at the World Congress of Professional Hypnotists Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. Although the paper carries a 1984 copyright to protect the contents from unlawful duplication for sale, Dick invites individualsto make copies and give them to friends or anyone in a position to communicate this information. Since the paper was released, it has been distributed to millions and is currently available on dozens of Websites. As a result of this awareness, Dick has been contacted by law enforcement officers, the BBC and investigative reporters. On numerous occasions, the information has helped to bring public attention to the misuse of conversion tactics.

Some government agencies don't want this information generally known, for the techniques are used in armed forces basic training. Some Christian Fundamentalists, cults, and human-potential trainings would also prefer that the public remain unaware of how they are recruiting new members.

Summary of Contents:

* The Birth of Conversion/Brainwashing in Christian Revivalism in 1735.
* The Pavlovian explanation of the three brain phases.
* Born-Again preachers: Step-by-step, how they conduct a revival and the expected physiological results.
* The "voice roll" technique used by preachers, lawyers and hypnotists. New trance-inducing churches.
* The six steps to conversion.
* The decognition process. Thought-stopping techniques.
* The "sell it by zealot" technique.
* True believers and mass movements.
* Persuasion techniques: "Yes set", "Imbedded Commands", "Shock and Confusion", and the "Interspersal Techniques."
* Subliminals.
* Vibrato and ELF waves. Inducing trance with vibrational sound. Even professional observers will be "possessed" at charismatic gatherings. The "only hope" technique to attend and not be converted.
* Non-detectable Neurophone programming through the skin.
* The medium for mass take-over.

I'm going to talk about conversion, which is a nice word for brainwashing. Everything I'll share only exposes the surface of the problem. I don't know how the misuse of these techniques can be stopped other than through public awareness. It isn't possible to legislate against what often cannot be detected; and if those who legislate are using these techniques, there is little hope of affecting laws to govern usage.

In talking about mind manipulation, I am talking about my own business. I know it, and I know how effective it can be. I produce hypnosis and subliminal tapes and, in some of my seminars, I use conversion tactics to assist participants to become independent and self-sufficient. But, any time I use these techniques, I point out that I am using them, and those attending have a choice to participate or not. They're also aware of the desired result of participation.

So, to begin, I want to share a basic fact about brainwashing: IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF MAN, NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN BRAINWASHED AND REALIZED, OR BELIEVED, THAT HE HAD BEEN BRAINWASHED. Those who have been brainwashed will usually passionately defend their manipulators, claiming they have simply been "shown the light" ... or have been transformed in miraculous ways.

The Birth of Conversion

Any study of brainwashing has to begin with a study of Christian revivalism in eighteenth century America. Apparently, Jonathan Edwards accidentally discovered the techniques during a religious crusade in 1735 in Northampton, Massachusetts. By inducing guilt and acute apprehension and by increasing the tension, the sinners attending his revival meetings would break down and completely submit. Technically, what Edwards was doing was creating conditions that wipe the brain slate clean so that the mind accepts new programming. He would tell those attending, "You're a sinner! You're destined for hell!"

As a result, one person committed suicide and another attempted suicide.The neighbors of the suicidal converts related that they, too, were affected so deeply that, although they had found "eternal salvation," they were obsessed with a diabolical temptation to end their own lives.

Once a preacher, cult leader, manipulator or authority figure creates the brain phrase to wipe the brain-slate clean, his subjects are open to new programming. New input, in the form of suggestions, can be substituted for their previous ideas. Because Edwards didn't turn his message positive until the end of the revival, many accepted the negative suggestions and acted, or desired to act, upon them.

Charles J. Finney was another Christian revivalist who used the same techniques four years later in mass religious conversions in New York. The techniques are still being used today by Christian revivalists, cults, human-potential training, some business rallies and the U.S. armed services.

Let me point out here that I don't think most revivalist preachers realize or know they are using brainwashing techniques. Edwards simply stumbled upon a technique that worked, and others copied it and have continued to copy it for over two hundred years. And the more sophisticated our knowledge and technology become, the more effective the conversion. I feel strongly that this is one of the major reasons for the increasing rise in Christian fundamentalism, especially the televised variety, while most of the orthodox religions are declining.

The 3 Brain Phases

The Christians may have been the first to successfully formulate brainwashing, but we have to look to Pavlov, the Russian scientist, for a technical explanation. In the early 1900s, his work with animals opened the door to further investigations with humans. After the revolution in Russia, Lenin was quick to see the potential of applying Pavlov's research to his own ends.

Three distinct and progressive states of transmarginal inhibition were identified by Pavlov. The first is the Equivalent phase, in which the brain gives the same response to both strong and weak stimuli. Second is the Paradoxical phase, in which the brain responds more actively to weak stimuli than to strong. Third is the Ultra-Paradoxical phase, in which conditioned responses and behavior patterns turn from positive to negative or from negative to positive.

With the progressions through each phase, the degree of conversion becomes more effective and complete. The ways to achieve conversion are many and varied, but the usual first step in religious or political brainwashing is to work on the emotions of an individual or group until they reach an abnormal level of anger, fear, excitement or nervous tension.

The progressive result of this mental condition is to impair judgment and increase suggestibility. The more this condition can be maintained or intensified, the more it compounds. Once catharsis or the first brain phase is reached, the complete mental takeover becomes easier. Existing mental programming can be replaced with new patterns of thinking and behavior.

Other often-used physiological weapons to modify normal brain functions are fasting, radical or high sugar diets, physical discomforts, regulation of breathing, mantra chanting in meditation, the disclosure of awesome mysteries, special lighting and sound effects, programmed response to incense, or intoxicating drugs.

The same results can be obtained in contemporary psychiatric treatment by electric shock treatments and even by purposely lowering a patient's blood sugar level with insulin injections.

Before I talk about exactly how some of the techniques are applied, I want to point out that hypnosis and conversion tactics are two distinctly different things -- and that conversion techniques are far more powerful. However, the two are often mixed ... with powerful results.

How Revivalist Preachers Work

If you'd like to see a revivalist preacher at work, there are probably several in your city. Go to the church or tent early and sit in the rear, about three-quarters of the way back. Most likely repetitive music will be played while the people come in for the service. A repetitive beat, ideally ranging from 45 to 72 beats per minute (a rhythm close to the beat of a human heart), is very hypnotic and can generate an eyes-open altered state of consciousness in a high percentage of people. And, once you are in an Alpha state, you are at least 25 times as suggestible as you would be in full Beta consciousness. The music is probably the same for every service, or incorporates the same beat, and many of the people will go into an altered state almost immediately upon entering the sanctuary. Subconsciously, they recall their state of mind from previous services and respond according to the post-hypnotic programming.

Watch the people waiting for the service to begin. Many will exhibit external signs of trance -- body relaxation and slightly dilated eyes. Often, they begin swaying back and forth with their hands in the air while sitting in their chairs. Next, the assistant pastor will come out. He usually speaks with a "voice roll".

Voice Roll Technique

A "voice roll" is a patterned, paced style used by hypnotists when inducing a trance. It is also used by many lawyers (several of the most famous are highly trained hypnotists), when they desire to entrench a point firmly in the minds of the jurors. A voice roll can sound as if the speaker were talking to the beat of a metronome, or it may sound as though he were emphasizing every word in a monotonous, patterned style. The words will usually be delivered at the rate of 35 to 60 beats per minute, maximizing the hypnotic effect.

Now the assistant pastor begins the "build-up" process. He induces an altered state of consciousness and/or begins to generate the excitement and the expectations of the audience. Next, a group of young women in "sweet and pure" chiffon dresses might come out to sing a song. Gospel songs are great for building excitement and involvement. In the middle of the song, one of the girls might be "smitten by the Spirit" and fall down or react as if possessed by the Holy Spirit. This effectively increases the intense atmosphere in the room. At this point, hypnosis and conversion tactics are being mixed. And the result is the audience's attention is now totally focused upon the communication while the environment becomes more exciting or tense.

Right about this time, when an eyes-open mass-induced Alpha mental level has been achieved, they will usually pass the collection plate. In thebackground, a 45-beat-per-minute voice roll from the assistant preacher might exhort, "Give to God ...Give to God...Give to God ..." And the audience does give. God may not get the money, but his already wealthy representative will.

Next, the fire-and-brimstone preacher will come out. He induces fear and increases the tension by talking about "the devil", "going to hell" or the forthcoming Armageddon.

In the last such rally I attended, the preacher talked about the blood that would soon be running out of every faucet in the land. He was also obsessed with a "bloody ax of God," which attendees had seen hanging above the pulpit the previous week. I have no doubt that some people saw it -- the power of suggestion given to a group of people in hypnosis assures that at least 10 to 25 percent would see whatever he suggested they see.

In most revivalist gatherings, "testifying" or "witnessing" usually follows the fear-based sermon. People from the audience come up on stage and relate their stories. "I was crippled and now I can walk!" "I had arthritis and now it's gone!" It is a psychological manipulation that works. After listening to numerous case histories of miraculous healings, the average guy in the audience with a minor problem is sure he can be healed. The room is charged with fear, guilt, intense excitement and expectations.

Now those who want to be healed are frequently lined up around the edge of the room, or they are told to come down to the front. The preacher might touch them on the head firmly and scream, "Be healed!" This releases the psychic energy and, for many, catharsis results. Catharsis is a purging of repressed emotions. Individuals might cry, fall down or even go into spasms. And if catharsis is effected, they stand a chance of being healed. In catharsis, the brain-slate is temporarily wiped clean and the new suggestion is accepted.

For some, the healing may be permanent. For many, it will last four days to a week -- a week is, incidentally, how long a hypnotic suggestion given to a somnambulistic subject will usually last. Even if the healing doesn't last, if they come back every week the power of suggestion may continually override the problem ... or sometimes, sadly, it can mask a physical problem which could prove to be very detrimental to the individual in the long run.

I'm not saying that legitimate healings do not take place. They do. Maybe the individual was ready to let go of the negativity that caused the problem in the first place; maybe it was the work of God. Yet I contend that it can be explained with existing knowledge of brain/mind function.

The techniques and staging will vary from church to church. Many use "speaking in tongues" to generate catharsis in some while the spectacle creates intense excitement in the observers.

The use of hypnotic and conversion techniques by religions is sophisticated, and professionals are assuring that they become ever more effective. A man in Los Angeles is designing, building and reworking a lot of churches around the county. He tells ministers what they need and how to use it. This man's track record indicates that the congregation and the monetary income will double if the minister follows his instructions. He admits that about 80 percent of his efforts are in the sound system and lighting.

Powerful sound and the proper use of lighting are of primary importance in inducing an altered state of consciousness -- I've been using them for years in my own seminars. However, my participants are fully aware of the process and what they can expect as a result of their participation.

6 Conversion Techniques

Cults and human-potential training companies are always looking for new converts. To attain them, many use conversion tactics, which must be effective within a short space of time -- usually a weekend, but in some cases as quickly as a single day. The following are the six primary techniques used to generate the conversion.

Conversion Tactic 1: The meetings or training takes place in an area where participants are cut off from the outside world: a private home, a remote or rural setting, or a hotel ballroom where the participants are allowed only limited bathroom usage. In human-potential trainings, the controllers will give a lengthy talk about the importance of "keeping agreements" in life. The participants are told, "If you don't keep your agreements, your life will never work." Generally, this is good advice, but the controllers are subverting a positive human value for selfish purposes. The participants vow to themselves and their trainer that they will keep their agreements. Anyone who doesn’t concur will be intimidated into agreement or forced to leave the training. The next step is to get the participants to agree to complete the training, thus assuring a high percentage of conversions for the organization. They will usually have to agree not to take drugs, smoke and sometimes not to eat ... or they are given such a short meal break that it creates tension. One of the real reasons for the agreements is to alter internal chemistry, which generates anxiety and hopefully causes at least a slight malfunction of the nervous system, which in turn increases the conversion potential.

Before the gathering is complete, the agreement's manipulation will be used to ensure that the new converts go out and find new participants. They are intimidated into agreeing to bring in at least two potential converts. Since the importance of keeping agreements is so high on their priority list, the converts will twist the arms of everyone they know, attempting to talk them into attending the free introductory session offered at a future date by the training organization. The new converts are zealots. The inside term for merchandising one of the largest and most successful human-potential trainings is, "sell it by zealot!"

At least a million people are graduates and a good percentage have been left with a mental activation button that assures their future loyalty and assistance if the guru figure or organization calls. Think about the potential political implications of hundreds of thousands of zealots programmed to campaign for their guru.

Be wary of an organization of this type that offers follow-up sessions after the seminar. Follow-up sessions might be weekly meetings or inexpensive seminars given on a regular basis which the organization will attempt to talk you into taking. These regularly scheduled events are used to maintain control. As the early Christian revivalists found, long-term control is dependent upon a good follow-up system.

Conversion Tactic 2: A schedule is maintained that causes physical and mental fatigue. This is primarily accomplished by long hours in which the participants are given no opportunity for relaxation or reflection.

Conversion Tactic 3: Techniques are used to increase the tension in the room or environment.

Conversion Tactic 4: Uncertainty. One of the most effective ways of creating uncertainty is to subject the participants to the fear of being "put on the spot" or encountered by the trainers who play upon guilt feelings, or convince the participants to verbally relate their innermost secrets in front of the others. Activities that emphasize the removal of masks is another powerful ploy. One of the most successful human-potential seminars forces the participants to stand on a stage in front of the entire audience while being verbally attacked by the trainers. A public poll showed that the most fearful of all situations is to speak to an audience. It ranked above window washing outside the 85th floor of an office building. So you can imagine the fear and tension this situation generates within the seminar participants who have agreed to complete the training. Many faint, but most cope with the stress by mentally going away. They literally go into an Alpha state, which automatically opens them to being 25 to 200 times more suggestible. And another loop of the downward spiral into conversion is successfully effected.

Conversion Tactic 5: The introduction of jargon -- new terms that have meaning only to the "insiders" who have participated in the training. Vicious language is also frequently used to purposely make participants uncomfortable.

Conversion Tactic 6: There is no humor in the communications until the participants are converted. Then, merry-making and humor are highly desirable as symbols of the new joy the participants have supposedly "found".

I'm not saying that good does not result from participation in such gatherings. But it is important for people to know what has happened and to be aware that continual involvement may not be in their best interest.

Over the years, I've conducted professional seminars to teach people to be hypnotists, trainers and counselors. I've had many of those who conduct human-potential training and rallies (from the training companies who use the tactics I've just described) come to me and say, "I know what I'm doing works, but I don't know why." After showing them how and why, many have gotten out of the business or have decided to approach it differently or in a much more loving and supportive manner.

Many of these trainers have become personal friends, and it scares us all to have experienced the power of one person with a microphone and a room full of people. Add a little charisma and you can count on a high percentage of conversion. The sad truth is that a high percentage of people seem to want to become true believers and give away their power.

Cult gatherings or human-potential trainings are an ideal environment to observe firsthand what is technically called the "Stockholm Syndrome". This is a situation in which those who are intimidated, controlled or made to suffer, begin to love, admire and even sometimes sexually desire their controllers or captors.

But let me inject a word of warning here: If you think you can attend such gatherings and not be affected, you are probably wrong. A perfect example is the case of a woman who went to Haiti on a Guggenheim Fellowship to study Haitian Voodoo. In her report, she related how the music eventually induced uncontrollable bodily movement and an altered state of consciousness. Although she understood the process and thought herself above it, when she began to feel herself become vulnerable to the music, she attempted to fight it and turned away. Anger or resistance almost always assures conversion. A few moments later she was possessed by the music and began dancing in a trance around the Voodoo meeting house. A brain phase had been induced by the music and excitement, and she awoke feeling reborn. The only hope of attending such gatherings without being affected is to be the Buddha and allow no positive or negative emotions to surface. Few people are capable of such detachment.

I once attended est (Erhard Seminar Training). The training is no longer offered, although a current incarnation of the seminar is called The Forum. My goal in attending was to be an observer -- to be Buddha throughout the process, which took place in a Phoenix hotel ballroom with 200 people attending. I remained detached until late afternoon of the final day, when a doctor stood up and accused the est trainer of using brainwashing tactics. The incensed trainer argued back, using ridiculous Zen riddles to try to intimidate the doctor.

After 45 minutes of ranting, the trainer began using the other participants against the protesting doctor, who was speaking the truth. That did it. I stood up, snapped a karate kick at an est staffer and took a spare microphone out of his hands (the kick was to distract and did not inflict pain). Then I verbally went after the trainer. He responded by yelling for his people to call the police. Both the doctor and I walked out of the training room as the police arrived. I'm probably still listed in the est computers as someone who doesn't keep agreements.

Before leaving the six conversion tactics, I should mention military boot camp. The Marine Corps talks about breaking men down before rebuilding them as new men -- as marines. That is exactly what they do, the same way a cult breaks its people down and rebuilds them as happy flower sellers on your local street corner. Every one of the six conversion techniques are used in boot camp. Considering the needs of the military, I'm not making a judgement as to whether this is good or bad. As a simple fact, these men are brainwashed. Those who won't submit must be discharged or spend much of their time in the brig.

Decognition Process

Once the initial conversion is effected, cults, armed services and similar groups cannot have cynicism among their members. Members must respond to commands and do as they are told, otherwise, they are dangerous to the organizational control. This is normally accomplished as a three-step Decognition Process.

Step One is Alertness Reduction: The controllers cause the nervous system to malfunction, making it difficult to distinguish between fantasy and reality. This can be accomplished in several ways. Poor diet is one; watch out for brownies and Koolaid. The sugar throws the nervous system off. More subtle is the "spiritual diet" used by many cults. They eat only vegetables and fruits; without the grounding of grains, nuts, seeds, dairy products, fish or meat, an individual becomes mentally spacey. Inadequate sleep is another primary way to reduce alertness, especially when combined with long hours of work or intense physical activity. Being bombarded with intense and unique experiences achieves the same result.

Step Two is Programmed Confusion: You are mentally assaulted while your alertness is being reduced as in Step One. This is accomplished with a deluge of new information, lectures, discussion groups, encounters or one-to-one processing, which usually amounts to the controller bombarding the individual with questions. During this phase of decognition, reality and illusion often merge and perverted logic is likely to be accepted.

Step Three is Thought Stopping: Techniques are used to cause the mind to go flat -- altered-state-of-consciousness techniques that initially induce calmness by giving the mind something simple to deal with that focuses awareness. The continued use brings on a feeling of elation and eventually hallucination. The result is the reduction of thought and eventually, if used long enough, the cessation of all thought and withdrawal from everyone and everything except that which the controllers direct. The mental takeover is then complete. It is important to be aware that when members or participants are instructed to use thought-stopping techniques, they are told that they will benefit by so doing: they will become better soldiers or attain enlightenment.

There are three primary techniques used for thought stopping. The first is Marching: The thump, thump, thump beat literally generates self-hypnosis and thus greater susceptibility to suggestion. In the early stages of his rise to power, Adolph Hitler used marching demonstrations and the excitement as a mass conversion technique for those attending his rallies, and in the decognition phase for his soldiers.

The second thought-stopping technique is Meditation. If you spend 90 minutes or more a day in meditation, after a few weeks, there is high probability that you will not return to full Beta consciousness. You will remain in a fixed state of Alpha for as long as you continue to meditate. I'm not saying this is bad. If you do it yourself, it may be very beneficial. But know that you are causing your mind to go flat. I've worked with meditators on an EEG machine and the results are conclusive: the more you meditate, the flatter your mind becomes until, eventually and especially if used to excess or in combination with decognition, all thought ceases. Some spiritual groups call this nirvana -- which is just another manipulation. The mental state is simply a predictable physiological result. If heaven on earth is non-thinking and non-involvement, I really question why we are here.

The third thought-stopping technique is Chanting, and often chanting in meditation. Speaking in tongues could also be included in this category.

All three thought-stopping techniques produce an altered state of consciousness. This may be desirable if you are controlling the process, for you also control the input. I personally use at least one self-hypnosis programming session every day and I know how beneficial it is for me. But you need to know if you use these techniques to the degree of remaining continually in Alpha that, although you'll be very mellow, you'll also be more suggestible.
Just wondering if there isn't more to meditation than thought stopping? All meditation techniques do not work the same. The thought activity of contemplating, visualising, concentrating, repeating a prayer or a simple sound should involve different sections of the brain as seen on some brainscans, I do not have here the exact reference, but I have been told that research exists. Another phenomenon is that not all the brain may be in alpha or beta or whatever at the same time. Also there exist research on Transcendental Meditation, and maybe some other kinds of meditations too, that some meditators may exhibit brainwave coherence. This means that the whole brains fires in synchrony left to right and front to back. Finally a very important factor must be WHO is meditating, if is it an Organic Portal, a potentially souled being or someone who is already reached a good level of integration and awakening.

True Believers & Mass Movements

Before ending this section, I want to talk about the people who are most susceptible to conversion and joining mass movements. I am convinced that at least a third of the population are what Eric Hoffer calls true believers. They are joiners and followers ... people who want to give away their power. They look for answers, meaning and enlightenment outside themselves.

Hoffer's book The True Believer (Harper & Row, 1951) is a classic on mass movements. He says, "True believers are not intent on bolstering and advancing a cherished self, but are those craving to be rid of an unwanted self. They are followers, not because of a desire for self-advancement, but because it can satisfy their passion for self-renunciation!" Hoffer also says that true believers "are eternally incomplete and eternally insecure."

In my years of conducting seminar trainings, I have constantly run into true believers. All I can do is advise them to seek the True Self within, where meaningful personal answers will be found. I teach that the basics of spirituality are self-responsibility (karma) and the attainment of self-actualization (being compassionate, while also accepting others without judgment, expectations, blame or attempting to control.) But most of the true believers just tell me that I'm not spiritual and go looking for someone who will give them the dogma and structure they desire.

Never underestimate the potential danger of these people. They can easily be molded into fanatics who will gladly work and die for their holy cause. It is a substitute for their lost faith in themselves and offers a substitute for individual hope. Hitler's Brown Shirts were true believers. The Moral Majority is made up of true believers. All cults are composed of true believers. You'll find them in politics, churches, businesses and social-cause groups. They are the fanatics in these organizations.

Mass Movements will usually have a charismatic leader. The followers want to convert others to their way of living or impose a new way of life -- if necessary, by legislating laws forcing others to their view, as evidenced by the activities of the Moral Majority. This means enforcement by guns or punishment, which is the bottom line in law enforcement.

A common hatred, enemy or devil is essential to the success of a mass movement. Hitler's devil was the Jews; the Born-Again Christians have Satan himself, but that isn't enough -- they've added the New Age and all who oppose their integration of church and politics, as evidenced in the political reelection campaigns against those who opposite their views. In revolutions, the devil is usually the ruling power or aristocracy. Some human-potential movements are far too clever to ask their graduates to join anything, thus labeling themselves a cult -- but, upon close examination, you'll find that their devil is everyone who hasn't taken their training.

There are mass movements without devils but they seldom attain major status. True believers are mentally unbalanced or insecure people, or those without hope or friends. People don't look for allies when they love, but they do when they hate or become obsessed with a cause. And those who desire a new life and a new order feel the old ways must be eliminated before the new order can be built.

Persuasion Techniques

Persuasion isn't technically brainwashing, but it is a manipulation of the human mind, without the manipulated party being aware what caused his opinion shift. I only have time to very basically introduce you to a few of the many techniques in use today, but the basis of persuasion is always to access your right brain. The left half of your brain is analytical and rational. The right half is creative and imaginative. That is overly simplified but it makes my point. So, the idea is to distract the left brain and keep it busy. Ideally, the persuader generates an eyes-open altered state of consciousness, causing you to shift from Beta awareness into Alpha -- a shift that can be measured on an EEG machine.

First, let me give you an example of distracting the left brain. Politicians use these powerful techniques all the time; lawyers use many variations which, I've been told, they call tightening the noose.

Assume for a moment that you are watching a politician give a speech. First, he might generate what is called a yes set. These are statements that will cause most listeners to agree; they might even unknowingly nod their heads in agreement. Next come the truisms. These are usually facts that could be debated but, once the politician has his audience agreeing, the odds are in the politician's favor that the audience won't stop to think for themselves, thus continuing to agree. Last comes the suggestion. This is what the politician wants you to do and, since you've been agreeing all along, you could be persuaded to accept the suggestion. Now, if you'll listen closely to my political speech, you'll find that the first three statements are the yes set, the next three are truisms and the last is the suggestion.

"Ladies and gentlemen: are you angry about high food prices? Are you tired of astronomical gas prices? Are you sick of out-of-control inflation? Well, you know the Other Party allowed 18 percent inflation last year; you know crime has increased 50 percent nationwide in the last 12 months, and you know your paycheck hardly covers your expenses any more. Well, the answer to resolving these problems is to elect me, John Jones, to the U.S. Senate."

You've heard it all before. But you might also watch for what are called Imbedded Commands. As an example: On key words, the speaker makes a gesture with his left hand, which research has shown is more apt to access your right brain. Today's media-oriented politicians and spellbinders are often carefully trained by a whole new breed of specialists who are using every trick in the book -- both old and new -- to manipulate you into accepting their candidate.

The concepts and techniques of Neuro-Linguistics are so heavily protected that I found out the hard way that to even talk about them publicly or in print results in threatened legal action. Yet Neuro-Linguistic training is readily available to anyone willing to devote the time and pay the price. It is some of the most subtle and powerful manipulation I've ever seen. A good friend who recently attended a two-week seminar on Neuro-Linguistics found that many of those she talked to during the breaks were government people.

Another slippery manipulation is called an interspersal technique and the idea is to say one thing with words but plant a subconscious impression of something else in the minds of the listeners and viewers.

As an example, assume you are watching a television commentator make the following statement: "Senator Johnson is assisting local authorities to clear up the stupid mistakes of the companies contributing to the nuclear waste problems." It sounds like a statement of fact, but if the speaker emphasizes the right word and especially if he makes the proper hand gestures on the key words, you could be left with the subconscious impression that Senator Johnson is stupid. That was the subliminal goal of the statement and the speaker cannot be sued for libel.

Persuasion techniques are also frequently used on a much smaller scale with just as much effectiveness. The insurance salesman knows his pitch is likely to be more effective if he can get you to visualize something in your mind. This is right-brain communication. For instance, he might pause in his conversation, look slowly around your living room and say, "Can you just imagine this beautiful home burning to the ground?" Of course you can! It is one of your unconscious fears and in forcing you to visualize it, you are more likely to be manipulated into signing his insurance policy.

The cults, operating in every airport, use what I call shock and confusiontechniques to distract the left brain and communicated directly with the right brain. While waiting for a plane, I once watched one operate for over an hour. He had a technique of almost jumping in front of someone. Initially, his voice was loud then dropped as he made his pitch to take a book and contribute money to the cause. Usually, when people are shocked, they immediately withdraw. In this case they were shocked by the strange appearance, sudden materialization and loud voice of the devotee. In other words, the people went into an Alpha state for security because they didn't want to confront the reality before them. In Alpha, they were highly suggestible so they responded to the suggestion of taking the book; the moment they took the book, they felt guilty and responded to the second suggestion: give money. We are all conditioned that if someone gives us something, we have to give them something in return. While watching this hustler, I was close enough to notice that many of the people he stopped exhibited an outward sign of Alpha -- their eyes dilated.

Subliminal Programming

Subliminals are hidden suggestions, perceived only by your subconscious mind. They can be audio suggestions, hidden behind music, or visual suggestions airbrushed or cleverly incorporated into a picture or design, or words/images flashed on a screen so fast that you don't consciously see them.

Some subliminal programming tapes offer verbal suggestions recorded at a low volume. I question the efficacy of this technique -- if subliminals are not perceptible, they cannot be effective, and subliminals recorded below the audible threshold are therefore useless. The oldest audio subliminal technique uses a voice that follows the volume of the music so subliminals are impossible to detect without a parametric equalizer. But this technique is patented and, when I wanted to develop my own line of subliminal audio cassettes, negotiations with the patent holder proved to be unsatisfactory. My attorney obtained copies of the patents which I gave to talented Hollywood sound engineers, asking them to create a new technique. They found a way to psychoacoustically modify and synthesize the suggestions so that they are projected in the same chord and frequency as the music, thus giving them the effect of being part of the music. But we found that in using this technique, there is no way to reduce various frequencies to detect the subliminals. In other words, although the suggestions are being heard by the subconscious mind, they cannot be monitored with even the most sophisticated equipment.

If we were able to come up with this technique as easily as we did, I can only imagine how sophisticated the technology has become, with government or advertising funding. And I shudder to think about the propaganda and commercial manipulation that we are exposed to on a daily basis. There is simply no way to know what is behind the music you hear. It may even be possible to hide a second voice behind the voice to which you are listening.

The series of books by Bryan Key, Ph.D. on subliminals in advertising and political campaigns, well documents the misuse in many areas, especially printed advertising in newspapers, magazines and posters.

The big question about subliminals is: do they work? Based upon the response from those who have used my tapes, the answer is yes. Subliminal suggestions behind the music in department stores can be advising customers not to shoplift. An East Coast department store chain reported a 37 percent reduction in thefts in the first nine months of testing.

A 1984 article in the technical newsletter Brain-Mind Bulletin states that as much as 99 percent of our cognitive activity may be non-conscious, according to the director of the Laboratory for Cognitive Psychophysiology at the University of Illinois. The lengthy report ends with the statement, "these findings support the use of subliminal approaches such as taped suggestions for weight loss and the therapeutic use of hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic programming."

Mass Misuse

I could relate many stories that support subliminal programming, but I'd rather use my time to make you aware of even more subtle uses of such programming.

I have personally experienced sitting in a Los Angeles auditorium with over ten thousand people who were gathered to listen to a charismatic figure. Twenty minutes after entering the auditorium, I became aware that I was going in and out of an altered state. Those accompanying me experienced the same thing. Since it is our business, we were aware of what was happening, but those around us were not. By careful observation, what appeared to be spontaneous demonstrations were, in fact, artful manipulations. The only way I could figure how the eyes-open trance had been induced was to pipe a 6- to 7-cycle-per-second vibration into the room behind the air conditioner sound. That vibration generates Alpha, which would render the audience highly susceptible. Ten to 25 percent of the population is capable of a somnambulistic trance level. For these people, the suggestions of the speaker could potentially be accepted as commands.

Vibrato

Vibrato is the tremulous effect imparted in some vocal or instrumental music, and the cycle-per-second range causes people to go into an altered state of consciousness. At one period of English history, singers whose voices contained pronounced vibrato were not allowed to perform publicly because listeners would go into an altered state and have fantasies, often sexual in nature.

People who attend opera or enjoy listening to singers like Mario Lanza are familiar with this altered state induced by the performers.

ELFs

Now, let's carry this awareness a little farther. There are also inaudible ELFs (extra-low frequency waves). These are electromagnetic in nature. One of the primary uses of ELFs is to communicate with our submarines. Dr. Andrija Puharich, a highly respected researcher, in an attempt to warn U.S. officials about Russian use of ELFs, set up an experiment. Volunteers were wired so their brain waves could be measured on an EEG. They were then sealed in a metal room that could not be penetrated by a normal signal.

Puharich then beamed ELF waves at the volunteers. ELFs go right through the earth and right through metal walls. Those inside couldn't know if the signal was or was not being sent. And Puharich watched the reactions on the technical equipment: Thirty percent of those inside the room were taken over by the ELF signal in six to ten seconds.

When I say taken over, I mean their behavior followed the changes anticipated at very precise frequencies. Waves below 6 cycles per second caused the subjects to become emotionally upset, and even disrupted bodily functions. At 8.2 cycles, they felt high -- as though they had been in masterful meditation, learned over a period of years. Eleven to 11.3 cycles induced waves of depressed agitation which could lead to riotous behavior.

The Neurophone

Dr. Patrick Flanagan is a personal friend. In the early 1960's, as a teenager, Pat was listed as one of the top scientists in the world by Life magazine. Among his many inventions was a device he called the Neurophone -- an electronic instrument that can successfully program suggestions directly through contact with the skin. When he attempted to patent the device, the government demanded that he prove it worked. When he did, the National Security Agency confiscated the neurophone. It took Pat two years of legal battle to get his invention back.

In using the device, you don't hear or see a thing; it is applied to the skin, which Pat claims is the source of special senses. The skin contains more sensors for heat, touch, pain, vibration and electrical fields than any other part of the human anatomy.

In one of his tests, Pat conducted two identical seminars for a military audience -- one seminar one night and one the next night, because the size of the room was not large enough to accommodate all the attendees at one time. When the first group proved to be very cool and unwilling to respond, Patrick spent the next day making a special tape to play at the second seminar. The tape instructed the audience to be extremely warm and responsive and for their hands to become tingly. The tape was played through the neurophone, which was connected to a wire he placed along the ceiling of the room. There were no speakers, so no sound could be heard, yet the message was successfully transmitted from that wire directly into the brains of the audience. They were warm and receptive, their hands tingled and they responded, according to programming, in other ways that Pat doesn't want publicly discussed.

The Medium For Takeover

The more we find out about how human beings work, the more we learn to control human beings. What scares me most is that the medium for takeover is already in place! The television set in your living room and bedroom may be doing a lot more than just entertaining you.

Before I continue, let me point out something else about an altered state of consciousness. When you go into an altered state, you transfer into right brain, which results in the internal release of brain opiates: enkephalins and Beta-endorphins, which are chemically almost identical to opium. In other words, it feels good and you want to experience more.

Tests by researcher Herbert Krugman showed that while viewers were watching TV, right-brain activity outnumbered left-brain activity by a ratio of two to one. Put more simply, the viewers were in an altered state more often than not. They were getting their Beta-endorphin fix.

To measure attention spans, psychophysiologist Thomas Mulholland of the Veterans Hospital in Bedford, Massachusetts, attached young viewers to an EEG machine that was wired to shut the TV set off whenever the children's brains produced a majority of Alpha waves. Although the children were told to concentrate, only a few could keep the set on for more than 30 seconds.

Most viewers are already hypnotized. To deepen the trance is easy. One simple way is to place a blank, black frame every 32 frames in the film that is being projected. This creates a 45-beat-per-minute pulsation perceived only by the subconscious mind -- the ideal pace to generate deep hypnosis.

The commercials or suggestions presented following this Alpha-inducingbroadcast are much more likely to be accepted by the viewer. The high percentage of the viewing audience that naturally attains a somnambulistic-depth could very well accept the suggestions as commands -- as long as the commands did not ask the viewer to do something contrary to his morals, religion or self-preservation.

The medium for takeover is here. By the age of 16, children have spent 10,000 to 15,000 hours watching television -- more time than they spend in school. In the average home, the TV set is on for six hours and 44 minutes per day.

A research project by Jacob Jacoby, a Purdue University psychologist, found that of 2,700 people tested, 90 percent misunderstood even such simple viewing fare as commercials or a TV series they watched regularly. Only minutes after watching a show, the typical viewer missed 23 to 36 percent of the questions about what they had just seen. Maybe this is because they were going in and out of trance. When in a deep trance, you must be instructed to remember -- otherwise you forget consciously, while your subconscious mind remembers everything.

The Tip of the Iceberg

I have just touched the tip of the iceberg. When you start to combine subliminal messages behind the music, subliminal visuals projected on the screen, hypnotically produced visual effects, sustained musical beats at a trance-inducing pace, you are talking conversion -- brainwashing. Every hour that you spend watching TV you become more conditioned. In case you thought there was a law against any of these things, guess again. There isn't. There are a lot of powerful people out there who probably have plans for you?

Partial Bibliography:

Influence -- The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini, Ph.D. (Quill 1984)

The Battle for the Mind by William Sargant (Perennial Library 1957)

Snapping by Flo Conway & Jim Siegelman (Delta Books 1978)

The True Believer by Eric Hoffer (Harper & Row 1951)

Mind Wars by Ron McRae (St. Martin's Press 1984)

How To Organize & Manage Your Own Religion Cult by Duke McCoy (Loompanics Unlimited 1980)

Behavior Modification by Richard Camellion (Paladin Press 1978)

Cults by Charles G. Waugh & Martin H. Greenberg (Beaufort 1983)

Holy Terror by Flo Conway and Jim Siegelman (Delta Books 1982)

All subliminal books by Bryan Key, Ph.D.

Hitler propaganda films produced before World War II

Newsweek magazine
What to do when all the time we are being programmed or running already installed programmes? Becoming aware of programs is a useful step. The above text of Dick Sutphen illustrated some of the forms the programs and the programming may take. But as he said it was just the tip of the iceberg, which if literally taken means that about 90 % were not mentioned.

thorbiorn

This is post began with a reflection on the possible cause of one experience that Dick Sutphen relates and includes some quotes from the Cassiopaean Transcripts about groups and their effects on the environment. Other topics include trance, transduce, the Maharishi Effect, HAARP, weather, rest and unrest.

Dick Sutphen in "The Battle for Your Mind" said:
I have personally experienced sitting in a Los Angeles auditorium with over ten thousand people who were gathered to listen to a charismatic figure. Twenty minutes after entering the auditorium, I became aware that I was going in and out of an altered state. Those accompanying me experienced the same thing. Since it is our business, we were aware of what was happening, but those around us were not. By careful observation, what appeared to be spontaneous demonstrations were, in fact, artful manipulations. The only way I could figure how the eyes-open trance had been induced was to pipe a 6- to 7-cycle-per-second vibration into the room behind the air conditioner sound. That vibration generates Alpha, which would render the audience highly susceptible.
Would it be possible that the above experience was caused by being in a large group of people and not by technology. Most people will have experienced standing in a line and somebody begins to yawn and then it is followed by others too.

I think he almost touches the subject in this sentence:
Dick Sutphen in "The Battle for Your Mind" said:
But let me inject a word of warning here: If you think you can attend such gatherings and not be affected, you are probably wrong.
Which reminds one of:
951014 said:
Q: (T): […] A few weeks ago, at Luc's meditation, did I channel you guys?
A: Well, you channeled, but we must warn you that some soul groupings and aural frequency vibrational associations can leave one open to less than STO influences...
And that brings up the question of groups as described in the transcripts:
020731 said:
(L) Okay, I want to ask a question. I would like to know about Credo Mutwa?
A: He has a valid connection, however there is a lot of static around him.
Q: (S) What does a valid connection mean?
A: His source.
Q: (I) Several of us have recently discussed the idea that the Zulu people are - as their name means in the Zulu language - Light Warriors. Does this idea have any foundation in fact?
A: In a sense, but not precisely in the way thought. Groups of people represent energy portals in cosmic rather than global terms. Light warriors are "connectors" on a cosmic level.
Q: (L) Connectors between what and what?
A: Transducers of energy of transition rather like capacitors!
Q: (L) What's a capacitor? (M) It's an electrical way of collecting and dumping a flowing charge; a way of accumulating charge and releasing it later in a sudden burst of energy. You can send enormously strong pulses from capacitors by putting in small amounts of energy over a long period of time. They used to be called accumulators. (J) What transition?
A: Transition of your sector of space/time.

Q: (I) So Light Warriors - are they accumulating energies and is it at a particular point that we may need help to transition that they...(S) Provide the energy necessary, is that what you mean?
A: Partly. It will depend on how much awareness you manage to generate to direct the energy.
Q: (I) Zulus, Light Warriors. Is this a genetic function?
A: More or less.
Q: (L) Well. You know they throw you something you don't expect and what do you do? You have all your little preconceived notions and you have it all figured out and you think you're going to get a little confirmation and then they toss you something that says uh-uh. (S) Well this is a whole new concept...well not really. (I) The Zulus and other Black peoples are more in tune with the Earth... And the C's say it is up to us as to how much awareness we can generate to vector this energy from the Earth... So if we don't generate this awareness they're going to transduce a different kind of energy?
A: They can be "food for the moon" or food for the soul.
Q: (I) Well, God they've been food for the Moon for a long time. (L) So has everybody else. (S) It's the same for all of us though, so is there anything special about them or different than anybody else?
A: Absolutely.
Q: (J) So their genetics...it's a function of genetics... (A) I would ask if there is any other say nation or tribe of similar make-up? (S) Yeah, maybe there's a tribe in every section of the world, or something.
A: There is a "spectrum" as Mouravieff suggests, however the Zulu compose a sort of "drone" tone.
Q: (S) So is this something they do deliberately or is it something unconscious?
A: It is a function of the 4th density energies they "represent."
Trance and transduce
If I am not mistaken one way that may cause altered states among traditional Zulus and several other African tribes is group dancing and singing. The singing voices are quite deep, so they should have a good amount of 'Vibrato' mentioned earlier in the thread, add in the drums and it should all help to produce various degrees of trance.

020731 said:

A: More than anyone realizes. Remember that groups "transduce" cosmic energy. Think of the energy transmitted into your realm by your gathering.
"Transduce" is in quote marks. One recalls that Dick Sutphen mentioned the word 'trance' several times in his speech. For example:
Watch the people waiting for the service to begin. Many will exhibit external signs of trance -- body relaxation and slightly dilated eyes. Often, they begin swaying back and forth with their hands in the air while sitting in their chairs.
Interesting that if one adds 'trans(duce)' and 'trance', one can get 'transce' like in 'transce-ndental' which I mentioned in the previous post together with 'meditation'. An association leads to the founder Maharishi Mahesh Yogi who has given name to what is called the Maharishi effect.

A publication called "Modern Science and Vedic Science", published by Maharishi University of Management, (before Maharishi International University) carried an article in Volume 5, nos. 1-2 1992, called "Conflict Resolution through the Maharishi Effect" which explains on page 84 that Maharishi in the early 1960s predicted that an influence of harmony would be created in the whole society when as little at 1 % of the population would be practising Transcendental Meditation. He was inspired to make this prediction based on the principle of coherence found in physics, which gives the idea that the effect of coherent elements is much greater than a similar number of incoherent elements.

Later it has been found in very many cases that a smaller number of people practising the advanced TM-Sidhi Program collectively produce and even greater influence of harmony in the environment. The rough formular is the square root of 1 % of a population.

For the above are some more references:

Borland, C, & Landrith, G. S., III. (1977) Improved quality of life throguh the Transcendental Meditation program: Decreased crime rate. In D. W. Orme-Johnson & J. T. Farrow (Eds.), Scientific research on the Transcendental Meditation program: collected papers (vol. I) Rheinweiler, W. Germany: Maharishi European Research University Press. Note: There are more volumes of collected papers.

Cavanaugh, K. L., & King. K. D. (1988) Simultaneous transfer function analysis of Okun's misery index: Improvements in the economic quality of life through Maharishi's Vedic Science and Technology of consciousness. In Proceedings of the American Statistical Association, Business and Economics Statistics Section (pp. 491-496). Alexandria, VA: American Statistical Association.

Dillbeck, M.C., Banus, D.B., Polanzi, C., & Landrith, G. S., III. (1988). Test of a field model of consciousness and social change: The Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi program and decreased urban crime. The Journal of Mind and Behaviour, 9, 457-486

Dillbeck, M.C., Landrith, G. S., III., & Orme-Johnson, D. W. (1981). The Transcendental Meditation program and crime rate change in a sample of forty-eight cities. Journal of Crime and Justice, 4, 25-45

Orme-Johnson, D.W., Alexander, C. N., Davies, J. L. Chandler, H. M., & Larimore, W. E. (1988). International peace project in the Middle East: The effect of the Maharishi Technology of the Unified Field. Journal of Conflict Resolution, 32, 756-768.

Orme-Johnson, D.W., Alexander, C. N., Davies, J. L. (1990) The effect of the Maharishi Technology of the Unified field: Reply to a methological critique. Journal of Conflict Resolution, 34, 756-768

There are hundreds of papers on Transcendental Meditation and the TM-Sidhi programme.

Groups and weather
I once met one from Hari Krishna (ISCON) and we talked about this phenomenon of groups effecting weather-changes. He said that they had noticed similar in Vrindaban in India; that when a group of people were doing chanting together, then the weather changed and rain came to dispel droughts. In Africa one can also hear some stories from older people in the more remote villages about rain being brought about by a group of people communicating with higher forces. American Indians probably also have some tales.

The effect of a group could depend on the environment, what the balance of strength is in terms of 4th density energies between various groups in an area. However one would be unable to conclude, I think, that the rain falls or crime drops due to the origin being STO. It could be a mix of STO and STS. It could be a complete STS effect, if they see an interest. Also one can contemplate what would happen if a group of STS reduce the power of another group of STS the latter being more entrenched than the former. Further on there is more on this possibility in terms of weather and after that with regard to crime.

The search for weather in the Cassiopaean transcripts led to HAARP, which as partly a tool for mind control, fits within the hidden Iceberg of Dick Sutphen. Several excerpts on HAARP are included below and these in turn bring more ideas to the relationship between interactions of higher densities and weather.

HAARP
970222 said:
A: We told you that "HAARP" was being designated for capturing and modulating electromagnetic fields for the purpose of total control of brainwave patterns in order to establish a system of complete "order on the surface of the planet" in either 3rd or 4th density.
Q: (L) Is HAARP in operation at the present time?
A: Yes, in its early stages.
Q: (T) Is the spreading of all these communication towers out across the country the equivalent of a HAARP program on a continental scale?
A: Back up system.
Q: (L) So, they don't need the towers to operate the HAARP system, but they are there as the backup?
A: Towers serve dual and lateral purposes.
Q: (T) Local and regional authorities can use the towers to track people, amongst other things. (L) Is the weather being controlled or changed or in any way affected by HAARP?
A: Climate is being influenced by three factors, and soon a fourth.
Q: (L) All right, I'll take the bait; give me the three factors, and also the fourth!.
A: 1) Wave approach. 2) Chlorofluorocarbon increase in atmosphere, thus affecting ozone layer. 3) Change in the planet's axis rotation orientation. 4) Artificial tampering by 3rd and 4th density STS forces in a number of different ways.
One may wonder what is contained in the expression: "Artificial tampering by 3rd and 4th density STS forces in a number of different ways." ? Does it include singing and dancing or is it more technological?

The connection between HAARP and weather is denied below in a quote, which simultaneously puts the efforts of some groups to create a new age in perspective, since HAARP was begun long ago and not only with human participation.
960217 said:
Q: (L) Can I ask my other questions? Some people on the net want me to ask about this HAARP thing... seems to be some sort of antennae thing...
A: Disguise for something else.
Q: (L) What is that something else?
A: Project to apply EM wave theories to the transference of perimeters.
Q: (L) What does that mean?
A: If utilized as designed, will allow for controlled invisibility and easy movement between density levels on surface of planet as well as subterranially.
Q: (L) Who is in charge of building this thing?
A: More than one entity.
Q: (L) What groups?
A: INVELCO is one guise as well as UNICON and banking interest.
Q: (L) Who is in disguise as INVELCO and UNICON? Are they just dummy companies for cover?
Q: (L) Can you tell us if this is a human organization or aliens, or a combination?
A: Human at surface level.
Q: (L) Whose idea was this project?
A: Not applicable.
Q: (L) Is there more you can tell us about this?
A: It has nothing to do with weather or climate. These things are emanating from 4th density, as we have told you before.
Q: (L) Is this something like a Trans-Dimensional Atom Remolecularizer?
Q: (L) Is is something like what you said about the whole South West going into 4th density?
Q: (L) So, HAARP has nothing to do with the weather?
A: And also EM associated with same as reported.
Q: (L) So, when is this HAARP thing scheduled to go into operation?
A: Open.
Q: (L) Is it currently in operation?
A: Experimental.
Q: (L) How long have they been working on this thing?
A: Since the 1920s.
Q: (L) What?! The 1920s?
In the above the Cassiopaeans used the phrase:'as we have told you before'.
Below are two examples:
940730 said:
Q: (L) Will there be a war in the sky with the aliens?
Q: (L) Will it be between Orions and the Federation?
Q: (L) Will it be visible on earth?
A: Oh, yes.
Q: (L) When will this be?
A: It has already started. Will intensify steadily.
Q: (L) Why are we not aware that it has already started?
A: It is disguised at this point as weather. It is still in other dimensions. Will go to this one within 18 years. Anytime within this period. The absolute time is not determinable as to exactly when. It could be tomorrow or 18 years from now.
Q: (L) 18 years from now is 2012. Is there some special significance to that time?
951007 said:
A: We have message for you, but if NM must leave, no need to hold her back, as message is for group. Review:; what did we say about weather. Why do you suppose "Opal" occurred at time, place reference point?
Q: (L) To put a stop to the UFO conference in Gulf Breeze? Does this mean we ought to stay home?
A: Up to you, but, suggest deferment, we could tell you of titanic battle!!!!
Q: (L) So, hurricanes are a reflection of battles at higher levels? Did the good guys win?
A: Yes, but not concluded, and we fear for those drawn to locator because of sinister plans by 4th density STS.

Q: (L) Plans such as what? More weather phenomena or something more direct?
A: Both, several options open to them, and in works; monstrous hurricane to hit during conference, or tornado strikes Embassy Suites hotel, or bomb blast levels conference center, of mass abductions and mental controls initiated in order to cause dissention and possibly violence, followed by extreme fictionalization.
If weather can be a reflection of activity in other densities and groups reflect 4th density energies, then it is reasonable to think that groups could transduce influences that modified the weather depending on what 4th density energies they represent and what the overall balance is between STS and STO.

Groups and unrest
According to the above, 'unrest' can be 4th density STS inspired. The following is another example and refer to a group expressing 4th density energies of 'unrest':
960323 said:
Q: (L) Is there any significance to the fact that SV spent all of those years living with the Outlaws Motorcycle gang and this covenant?
A: Yes, and that is what has led and is leading to the destruction of the "Outlaws," a group associated directly with 4th density STS.
Would it be possible that a small group of negative oriented but mutually coherently functioning individuals could by their very existence create the side effect of spreading destructive influences to their environment? Would the following group be another example?

951125 said:
A: You save your money by multiplying it, not storing it.
Q: (L) Are you saying that putting it in a bank is "storing" it?
Q: (L) Are you saying that money is only "saved" if it is multiplied?
A: Yes. When you store it in the bank, you are helping the Brotherhood AKA Illuminati AKA Antichrist multiply it for itself, all you get is the "crumbs" left over. And, the Antichrist can "call it in" anytime it wants to!
Q: (L) One of the most popular ways to make money by investing is in the stock market. But, it seems to me that the stock market is also part of the Antichrist system and investing there would also amount to only getting "crumbs."
A: Yes and no. Not all stocks traded publicly are under direct control of the Illuminati.
Q: (L) Are you suggesting the stock market as a means of multiplying money?
A: We are not suggesting anything specific, we are just laying the groundwork. With the general clues we give you, you will figure out the details yourselves, which is tantamount to learning, which is how you progress as souls.
Q: (L) You said we should multiply our money and that storing it is not making it work for you....
A: If you notice, all successful business people do this. They multiply their money, expand their horizons, continuously. They multiply their money by multiplying their output, thus their intake likewise. And the process is never ending, because they understand instinctively that it is part of a cycle. For the intake to continue, it must not be only retained, but must increase in order to keep pace with the ever spiraling cycle of increase and expansion. And, for this to happen, the output must be expanded accordingly. When it stops, it collapses. And this is how the Illuminati AKA The Brotherhood AKA The Antichrist creates a "Panic," by stemming the flow, even only slightly, and then broadcasting the created impression aggressively.
If the Antichrist is so much into money maybe they orchestrate groups of resters and unresters, meditators or outlaws depending on what fits into their plans. Both can be profitable depending on the time of application.

Below is more about the Antichrist as a body of individuals. If we combine what we have learned above then the Antichrist, if one uses that word, is a transducer of a 4th density STS energy. The first part I have used earlier in the thread but here is the continuation in this context and which places it in a different light.
950111 said:
Q: (B) Maitreya... What is the destiny of this person in this lifetime?
A: Plays prominent role in disinformation process.
Q: (B) Is Benjamin Creme aware of that?
Q: (B) Are the E.T.s putting thoughts in Benjamin Creme's head?
Q: (B) What is their purpose in this?
A: To cause confusion, diversion, and deception so that reality channels may be cloaked. Self explanatory.
Q: (B) Does this mean so that what we think is real really isn't?
Q: (B) This must mean that the Aliens want to give us one person to focus on which is so spectacular, so that we cannot see the truth.
A: Remember warnings about false prophets in the "desert."
Q: (B) Does this mean that Benjamin Creme is an STS person?
A: Yes, indirectly.
Q: (B) Is he the antichrist?
A: No. The "antichrist" is not an individual, but consortium.
Q: (B) Who is the Consortium?
A: Term refers to idea of large body of individuals.
Q: (L) Who specifically? (F) Human beings?
A: Yes and others.

Q: (B) Are these beings who have lived longer than most people live in one lifetime?
A: Confused thought patterns.
Q: (B) Are these people who have reincarnated for lifetime after lifetime and have kept the same memory to continue the same plan?
A: Only a select few.
One way of changing the effect of a group of people and change the quality of energy they transduce would be to change the quality of their knowledge and beliefs. If one can make them believe in more lies they would reflect more of STS. Alternatively if one can reduce, or better if they chose to reduce the amount of programming, blind beliefs and wishful thinking they would reflect more of 4th Density STO. It appears that a new possible function of a cargocult and the HAARP program has emerged. And as the last excerpt explains indirectly it is limiting to conceive of groups or bodies of individuals to only belong to one density and one race, humanity.

thorbiorn

Re: The New Age ‘Enlightenment Business’ – Western style Cargo cults

I know someone in the Deeksha Oneness Movement, and what I was told about it raised a lot red flags for me. So I began to research a bit. At the beginning of this thread, Anders already gave a good overview about this movement. In my opinion, it is a classical cult, where spiritual 'enlightening' entirely depends on one central person and a pyramid of authorised facilitators -- and hefty fees!

It is amazing how it works, and how good it can emulate a true spiritual group. And they are really organised! Currently, they are expanding over the globe, they have translators, hi-quality leaflets, etc.

In any event, the effects of the Deeksha energy was "scientifically proven" by Christian Opitz, a purported "PhD scientist" from Germany. One of his biographies in the web is truly interesting:

http://www.krystalwebmatrix.com/about_opitz.htm said:
Christian Opitz was born in Berlin, Germany in 1970. At age five, his IQ was found to be one of the highest ever measured and at age seven, he began to study physics and biochemistry. In 1983, he was diagnosed with a disease doctor’s labeled incurable, which compelled him to direct his focus on holistic healing. Over the next six years, Christian Opitz developed a new integrative theory of health based on quantum physics and fractal mathematics. In 1989, he began a successful career as an author, lecturer, and inventor of health products.

But I could not find proof that he is a PhD. The bio on his personal website (_http://www.humansun.com/E_Christian_Opitz_1.htm) even discloses that he is just an autodidact (not that this is bad, but it is at least misleading).

In any event, he got much airtime with Deeksha (I saw him in a DVD production of the movement). Apparently, he "used to be on Oneness Univeristy’s/Bhagavan’s board of advisors", i.e. he was top-level. But then, he apparently ended the involvement with the Oneness Movement (OM). He wrote about the reasons, and I think it is an excellent piece of information (emphasis, mine):

http://deekshadanger.weebly.com/phd-opitz-leaves-bhagavan.html said:
When I first received deeksha in 2004, I experienced some true benefits, most notably a healing of a painful health issue that had bothered me for many years. Deeksha is of course simply a form of prayer and sometimes prayer does facilitate healing of the body or emotions or (to some extent) expansions in consciousness. But at the time, interpreted the benefits I experienced differently, in the jargon and imagery of the Oneness Movement (OM), as a special gift of a type of grace that exceeds anything that simple prayer could evoke. I also did not recognize at the time just how much I felt a sense of obligation towards the OM and Bhagavan. Unconscioulsy, I felt obliged to interpret what I saw in the movement in a very positive light. When people had some benefits in the couses in Golden City, I interpreted these as largely due to the power of deeksha. I ignored that these people where spending a prolonged retreat in silence, prayer, meditation and rituals, all of which can be powerful catalysts for changes in consciousness and brain wave patterns. I did also see things that where disturbing, like the enormous exaggerations about the effects of deeksha and promises and predictions for the future that seemed unrealistic then and have turned out to be unreal by now. With this unconscious sense of obligation clouding my judgement, I simply explained these problematic issues away, for expample I told myself “oh, maybe they need to aim for the stars to land on the moon, like the hunger project.” The hunger project set out in 1977 to end world hunger by the year 2000. While obviously failing to meet that goal, the hunger project has, in the process of trying to attain it, introduced an effective process to eliminate poverty and hunger in large parts of the third world and has brought 4,5 million people out ot poverty permanently. In the light of such a noble accomplishment, who cares that they did not end all hunger by 2000? I was hoping in 2004/2005 that the OM would accomplish something so noble for a large number of people that the promises of enlightening the whole world would not seem like a shadow side of the movement. I do no longer believe this to be true. The longer the patterns of avoiding reality continue in Golden City, the more I feel that rather than aiming for the stars to land on the moon, this movement will simply crash land on earth.

Of course I am completely responsible for my unconscious patterns that clouded my judgement, no one to blame here. It was a little humbling but mostly liberating to become aware of these patterns, my needs to be liked and other psycholigcal issues that influenced me so much in how I perceived and talked about the Oneness Movement.

I have now completely ended my involvement with the OM. The reason is simple: I do not believe anymore that the OM serves true spirituality, true dharma. To me, spirituality is about two things: The liberation of consciousness from all illusion, so that the true nature can shine and an embodiement in life that is an alternative to the patterns of manipulation and greed that dominate our current culture. I do not feel that the OM serves either purpose. I will try to explain the reasons for why I think this way.

The Fostering of Saviour Fantasies and Virtual Realities

The most problematic issue with the OM is that it continues to foster illusions in people, rather than serving to liberate their followers from illusion. In 2004, the big promise was personal enlightenment for everybody involved and enlightenment for the whole world by 2012. When the first huge wave of disappointment crashed on the shores of the OM, there where some apologies and it was sinply stated that enlightenment takes a little longer. World awakening by 2012 was still promised with full force, the elimination of all political conflict in the world by 2008 and other fantasy promises where openly stated. In those who where not downright appalled by these promises, often the most immature patterns of seeking consolation, seeking some sense of security, of hope, where triggered and nourished. Isn’t spirituality the facing of reality, which also includes the acceptance of the relative reality of life, of the world? According to the Buddha, seeking to manipulate life into something it is not is the pattern of suffering. But when a movement promises something about the world that is out of touch with reality but would be oh so beautiful, how it that going to end illusions and false hopes? The world is deeply established in a consciousness of separation. That is what is. World enlightenment is a fantasy. Awakening the world through collective fields is a fantasy that other movements have been chasing to no avail. The 100th monkey story, if it really happened, simply showed that one skill in food preparation could be passed on through a collective field. These monkeys did not undergo a radical transformation of their monkey consciousness. The OM has often used that story to illustrate how deeksha will impact collective fields to awaken humanity. This is bullshit, pardon my French. Awakening human beings from separation to oneness is a little bigger than improving the ability to chop veggies (or wash sweet potatoes, as in the case of the 100th monkey). True dharma does not try to console people in their fears and vulnerability, but to awaken them to a consciousness where vulnerabilty is no longer a problem. Human life is vulnerable, facing this is essential if we want to grow as human beings, let alone in any way that could be called spiritual. The OM loves to give people a feel – good message and then leaves them hanging when they find out it does not work in real life. The fundamental illusion that the OM has fed to people again and again is that with deeksha, you operate in a different league. Whether it was about getting enlightened with no effort, having all your desires fullfilled as was promised with the phala deeksha in 2005 or the recent claim that deeksha givers are now endowed with siddhis to perform miracles, the idea that through deeksha a life that would otherwise remain utopia becomes real has always been encouraged. It just isn’t so. Deeksha givers struggle with life like everybody else. Deeksha givers grow spiritually to the degree they can let go of illusion, be truly aware of what is, like any other spiritual seeker. They have success and failures according to their talent, work ethic or lack thereof. Deeksha givers are as much subject to the waves of life, karma or whatever like everybody else. Countless times have I heard from people after courses in Golden City how the dasas always responded to emails with positive experiences and hardly ever responded when people were suffering. When the OM is confronted with the sobering reality that does not match their virtual reality, the love that is so intruiging to many in Golden City seems to take a vacation.

Manipulation

Many people who first go to Golden City are touched by the love that is there (or seems to be there?). Most of the dasas I have met have very sweet, cheerful personalities. But when the OM has to decide between love and integrity on one hand and what they believe serves their ambitions to get bigger, they seem to say “to hell with love, we want to get more famous”. In 2004, so many Western deeksha givers reported the enormous peak experiences that where common then in Golden City. In early 2005 when I did the 21day course, these experiences did no longer occur. We were told that Bhagavan had decided to no longer “give” them, because the where distracting from true enlightenment. Sounded very reasonable. All of this fostered the myth that Bhagvan has the ability to simply switch on and off such effects of deeksha, that he could influence a person’s consciousness to a degree that seemed unheard of. From all I know now, it seems clear that in 2004, there was a psychedelic substance used in an herbal preparation that was given to participants in the courses, which really caused many if not most of the peak experiences. Before this preparation called leyham was introduced, no peak experienced occurred in early 2004 in a course where participants where promised enlightenment in five days. Wanting to appease the disappointed folks, Bhagavan invited everybody for another free course. This time leyham was given for the first time and people had incredible experiences of cosmic oneness, blood – boiling love etc. These usually occurred after taking leyham. Whatever this stuff was, it also caused severe nausea and vomiting. But the Ayurveda experts that I have asked told me in unison that leyham is about as gentle as it gets, it is give to babies shortly after birth. Whatever they gave to people in Golden City was not traditional leyham. Nausea and vomiting are known reactions to alkaloids with psychedelic properties. Some people could not handle the leyham and had pyschotic episodes, even after leaving Golden City, they had screaming fits at the airport, which almost caused problems for the OM with the police. I know this from first hand reports from several people who where there. In 2005, when Bhagavan did no longer “give” peak experiences, we were told that some people had gone into such high samadhis, they had been disfunctional at the airport . Simply not true. The people who had psychotic episodes were accompanied to the airport to get them on the plane without causing trouble. After that, they received no help, no support from the OM and their stories where changed into another PR pitch that helped to foster the myth of Bhagavan’s ability to just give people incredible high states of consciousness.

Some people believe drugs can help to open doors in consciousness, others believe they cause more harm than good. But even the strongest supporters of psychdelics I have met who have “Thank you for Pot smoking”-stickers on their refrigerator agree that to give drugs to people without their consent and then to claim that the experiences where due to the grace of a master is a serious breech of integrity.

A more recent manifestation of manipulation by the OM, one that prompted me to leave this movement for good, are the changes of the term deeksha to oneness blessing and the change of the message towards prosperity and success. We were told that there were problems with the term deeksha in the Western world, that many people thought it was a cult because of this term. I have never found this to be true. Countless people believe the OM is a cult because of the prices they charge, if THAT was changed, the OM would really do something for its reputation. In three years of hanging out around the OM, I have never heard one complaint about a sanskrit term. When Anandagiri came to Italy in May of this year, his new message was to not be so overly spiritual and to embrace prosperity. Deeksha is supposed to help people with success in life and deeksha givers should make their presentations more about success in the world. The reason he gave for these rather dramatic changes was that they found too many people were holding on to ideas of renunciation for spirituality. He literally said that most Westeners believe they have to live like Ramana in a loincloth to be spiritual.

Have you ever met a person, let alone many, who really believe in severe austerities? This is the West, the home of blatant materialism. The spiritual subculture of the West has for the longest time advocated a balance of spirituality and material life. That people believe they have to renounce everything to the loincloth level to be spriritual is largely an old cliché. Besides, deeksha is in no way a reliable means to enhance a person’s chances for success. People involved with deeksha for a long time enjoy success and suffer failures like everybody else, there are no special boons through deeksha. Of course there are many stories of such special boons, but have they ever happened to you? The OM often solicites testimonials from people shortly after their first trip to Golden City, during a honeymoon phase. Many people who initially had fantastic things to report about deeksha would not give such glowing testimonials two or three years later.

The real reason for both these changes, the change of the message to success and the term deeksha to oneness blessing has a comletely different reason that the OM appearantly does not want to tell people openly. Tony Robbins demanded these changes of the OM and agreed to bring all his famous friends and clients into the OM if they follow his directive. The dasas were obviously coached by Tony Robbins, at a recent course in Golden City, they sounded like Western-style success coaches. Great idea, take a bunch of monks who took vows of renunciation as teenagers and let them deliver a message of success in the world…but I am digressing. So the OM is obviously willing to simply change what they tell people, because a famous person promises them more famous people to join. This sounds like a politician campaigning, not like a spiritual movement. At least, they should have the honesty to tell people, “hey, we thought it was a great idea for Toyy Robbins to decide our message.” But no, they decided to give some reasons they simply made up, pretending to address real problems with these changes.

Is it worth it? Is the limelight of fame, the endorsment of celebrities really worth the discarding of any principle of integrity and honesty?

Disempowerment

One of the most popular Western spiritual leaders is Brother David Steindl-Rast, a monk of the Benediktine order. His humility and love and simple but profound message of gratitude has touched countless people. Most folks that I have met in the modern Western subculture certainly have a very critical opinion of the Catholic Church and its dogmas, but would agree that Brother David, catholic or not, is a genuine man with a highly evolved consciousness. In his case, people would most likely attribute his level of awakeness to him, to his effort to grow, his dedication to his path and practices, because it just seems unlikely that the pope or the sacraments and dogmas of the Catholic Church would have brought forth such spiritual awakeness.

When good things happen to people in the OM, the most common interpretation is that these changes or breakthroughs are due to deeksha, to grace. Most OM-folks would not interpret a high level of awakness in a deeksha giver or receiver the same way they would interpret it in Brother David. We Westeners can easily see through the limitations of the Catholic Church, but an avatar from India is just so intruiging that we tend to apply different standards. If someone would talk to a statue of Mary in a catholic church, threatening suicide if she does not talk to him, we would call the proverbial men in the white coats and assume he has some serious mommy issues to work out. But when someone does that in Dakshineshwar on the banks of the Ganges in front of a Kali statue, we call him Ramakrishna and think he is an avatar.

Have many people grown during their time in the OM, sometimes through remarkable leaps of consciousness? Yes absolutely. Is there any proof that this had more to do with deeksha than with their own dedication, willingness or other peronal qualities? I don’t think so. Spiritual growth for people in the OM in no way exceeds what people have attained through healthy self-effort through the ages. Deeksha at best can be a support for people who apply themselves. The OM has also left countless people disappointed, and this seems to always occur when expectations of deeksha are raised to a level where deeksha will simply fail. Of course effort can be sometimes very ego-based and contain elements of struggle. Occasionally teachings along the lines of “there is nothing you can do” can help. But effort does not at all have to be based in struggle. The OM has always given people a disempowering message. When good things happen, it is due to grace because you cannot do anything anyway. When there is disappointment, it just shows you even more that there is nothing you can do. Just recently, a dasa again shared the message in an internet chat of “dissolving the ego is AmmaBhagavan’s job, what could you do about it?” Well, what can AmmaBhagavan do about it? Nothing much it seems. I would rather enourage people to take their chances with their own awareness.

If we assume hypothetically that an experiment would be conducted where one group of people was put on a balanced program of spiritual practices and another group was simply given deeksha regularly, what would happen? If after three years, the changes in people’s lives where assessed, which group would have enjoyed more benefits? Three years ago, I believed the myth of the OM and would have said the deeksha group would be much better of. Today I believe the smart money would be on the group that is doing the practices. Deeksha, prayer, transmissions of grace can help along the path. But fundamentally, we walk the path and will proceed according to how deeply we apply ourselves. In my opinion, this is the sober, liberating truth. This kind of “old-school” spiritual approach has stood the test of time. Whether or not the OM will be more than an afterthought in a few years remains to be seen. For myself, I would no longer invest my hopes into deeksha or the faint hope that the glorious promises of the OM will come true one day. And I do believe that by 2013, when there is no grand awakening, this movement will fade.

I have been wrong before and I can be wrong this time of course. These are just my current viewpoints, of course subjecive and colored by my lenses. Decide for yourself. All the best to anyone who reads this and may all beings be happy!

Christian Opitz

Data said:
In any event, he got much airtime with Deeksha (I saw him in a DVD production of the movement). Apparently, he "used to be on Oneness Univeristy’s/Bhagavan’s board of advisors", i.e. he was top-level. But then, he apparently ended the involvement with the Oneness Movement (OM). He wrote about the reasons, and I think it is an excellent piece of information...

I think it's excellent when people who have been part of something separate themselves from it to give the inside scoop. I notice what seems like parallels to the Scientology movement as well.

Data said:
In my opinion, it is a classical cult, where spiritual 'enlightening' entirely depends on one central person and a pyramid of authorised facilitators -- and hefty fees!

A parallel with Scientology (or any other cult)?

Next suppose someone comes and say they have scientifically proven solutions that can solve all problems?
Quote from: 000909
Q: (L) Is L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology set up going in the right direction in helping people to become free of the Control System on the planet?
A: Exchange, to a limited extent.
Q: (L) So, it is just an exchange of control system from one to another?
A: Something like that.
Q: (L) Well, JW pointed out that, at least when Scientology gets done with a person, they are off drugs, off alcohol, they stop beating their wife and kids, and become productive people. That DOES seem to be true! They get free of attachments and improve themselves in many ways. Couldn't that be considered positive?
A: Sure.
Q: (L) What is the downside of such a positive thing?
A: Decreasing individual discovery.
The remark concerning "Decreasing individual discovery" may also be implied in the following answer:
Quote from: 941107
Q: (L) Is the ayurvedic system a superior system to others?
A: Free will.

I think "Decreasing individual discovery" with regard to the 'OM' would refer to giving credit for the good things in a person's life to deeksha. In that way one needs to constantly look to external favors for more.
In Scientology, the credit would likely go to the external auditor and the associated process.

Data said:
When good things happen to people in the OM, the most common interpretation is that these changes or breakthroughs are due to deeksha, to grace.

Could it be that when good things happen to people in Scientology, the most common interpretation is that these changes or breakthroughs are due to the power of the 'Org', to OT level processing?

Data said:
People involved with deeksha for a long time enjoy success and suffer failures like everybody else, there are no special boons through deeksha. Of course there are many stories of such special boons, but have they ever happened to you?

Is it not true that people involved with Scientology for a long time enjoy success and suffer failures like everybody else; there are no special powers through Scientology. Of course there are many stories of such special powers, but have they ever happened to you?

Data said:
The fundamental illusion that the OM has fed to people again and again is that with deeksha, you operate in a different league.

Is the the fundamental illusion that Scientology feeds to people again and again that with Scientology, you operate in a different (better, more highly evolved) league?

Data said:
The OM has always given people a disempowering message. When good things happen, it is due to grace because you cannot do anything anyway.

Has Scientology always given people a disempowering message as well? When good things happen, it is due to the humanitarian work of Scientology and its OT processing on individuals because you cannot do anything anyway without it?

Just some things I was thinking about. I'm not bashing Scientology, rather using it as an example because of it's high mainstream profile. And because I was actually wondering if this 'OM' movement is being guided by that same framework...at least in the 'PR' arena.

I was also reminded of this thread:

Re: Spiritual Predator: Prem Rawat AKA Maharaji

...where juxtaposition was used to reveal the spiritual predation of another "way."

Added Later:

This quote pretty much sums up what I see as the background context (and the blind spot) that movements like the 'OM' fail to see, or actually try to hide from people:

Nienna Eluch said:
Nienna Eluch said:
Sid said:
Looks like the disinfo campaign is going full on, someone must be getting deperate I imagine. They are inadvertently leading masses thinking into anything to do with higher spirituality and work on self to worshiping the nature. Whether it's Jesus, Mohammad, or Shiva, aliens or now nature, a diety must exist and Church wants to play their part. One pathocracy ends and another one starts! I wonder if that's the kind of message "Avatar" is also projecting on the masses, "Forget all religions and start worshipping trees!"

I have to agree with you.

The church cannot have people realizing that it is within themselves and nature that the creator resides. That they, themselves, have the power to create change - in themselves and in the world.

Here is the latest about the OM movement. After recent spy camera investigations by the TV9 local telugu channel, some of the claims and accusations of his detractors became ovious.

for some reason, Google's searches giving only good side in the first page and there not much update on this issue after the early march broad casting this investigation and uproar.

some of the main accusations are of money laundering schemes, use of drugs for the enlightenment , sextual abuses. These are the accusations from his detractors for last 6 years and there are court cases against him.

one artcile with financial details of the cult
( Note the approximagte conversion are 46 Indian Rs = 1 US$ , 10 Lakhs is 1 Million )

Kalki Bhagawan Alleged for Drugs and Sex abuse
Kalki Bhagawan, whos popular from past 15 years is in trouble now. He has been alleged with many crimes from the past 2 weeks. A former LIC agent has christened himself as Kalki Bhagwan and named his wife as female goddess Bhagawati. Devotees call her Amma Bhagawan. Many devotees say that Kalki Bhagawan is the true incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Kalki is the 10th avatar of Lord Vishnu as mentioned in Bhavishya Purana by Saint Veda Vyasa. Devotees believe that the Kalki Bhagawan, who they are seeing is the true incarnation of Lord Vishnu.

There are about 56lakhs 60 thousand youth as kalkis devotees.

TV9 newschannel has come up with a report on Kalki Bhagawan alleging him with many crimes as mentioned by many of his former friends and staff.Suddenly the focus is pointed on Kalki Bhagawan as many of his devotees are complaining severe ill health and diagnostic reports concluded that it’s due to excessive consumption of drugs.

TV9 reported the following:

- Amma Bhagawan’s darshan is available only @ Rs 5000 per devotee ( $110 )

- Kalki’s son has real estate business worth Rs 3000 Crore ( US $ 660 Million )

- Kalki Bhagawan intoxicates some of his devotees with drugs and when they are in the ecstasy of that intoxication, he pretends to other devotees that they are in spiritual bliss with his blessings. Such devotees are facing health problems like depression and nervous breakdown.

- Amma Bhagawan’s special darshan costs Rs 25000 per devotee ( $555)

- Amma Bhagawan’s ‘paada pooja’ brings about Rs 240 Cr every year (

- Kalki touches female devotees and hugs them tight in the name of blessing. Some times he sexual abuses Kalki Bhagawan or molests young female devotees.

- Kalki has Rs 10000 Cr worth land properties both in Tamil Nadu and AP ( $2.2 billion)

- Kalki’s devotees include doctors, actors, IAS, IPS officers, Ministers, Businessmen and many

- Each devotee should pay Rs 60000 to participate in Homam ( $ 1333)

- Kalki has invested in 9 big businesses

- About 58 lakh young devotees are addicted to Kalki Bhagawan

- Foreign devotees will be charged Rs 5 Lakh for 21 day package in Kalki Ashram ( $11,111 )

- Huge money is being looted in the name of deekshas.[/url]

These are the shocking video's
Tv9 - Abnormal activities in Kalki Bhagwan ashram
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ6QmiZoZh0
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkioGVPHzaY
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTuOiLXgJ8M

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJJnOOJvVWg

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafGsMihOpY

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Poqf0DEMs - Part 6

seek10 said:
Here is the latest about the OM movement. After recent spy camera investigations by the TV9 local telugu channel, some of the claims and accusations of his detractors became ovious.

It was clear that there is lot of local following to this guy. How did he attract so many people, despite the fact that he is a Insurance Clerk.

former disciple who is scared for this life , explains how was sucked into this scam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Poqf0DEMs - Part 6
they conducted seminars on how to improve the society at all district head quarters. At the end they reveal how one can correct it with the help of kalki bhagavan. Once he joined the movement and visited the ashram , he didn't like how men and woman are sleeping on the same place and behaving , but he stayed on for greater good. He says he didn't took the leham , but they were given some sweets saying that he has been sent to kalki bhagawan from foreign countries. they used to take , feel little odd.

One of the major portion of the OM movement is the One ness center he constructed at a cost of 200 crores ( $ 44 Million ) , which he says allows the visitor's chakra's opened and makes them enlightened. One more item that was given lot of significance was golden ball , which they say contains 1500 kg ( approx. 3000 lb's). These articles are from his website and are self explanatory

_http://www.ammabhagavan.net/Significance_of_Oneness_Temple.php

Bhagavan has said that he purposely chose the area where he built his Oneness University and temple in Golden City for several reasons:

* The land itself has little or no karmic damage.
* Several powerful, earth gridlines or ley lines converge there.
* It has a high concentration of enlightened Beings in residence, both incarnate and disincarnate.

Bhagavan had his Temple constructed according to Vaastu principles that were revealed specifically to him. All was for the purpose of elevating the Temple's energies according to this ancient Vedic science, which involves sacred architecture, sacred geometry, and energy flow.

Bhagavan says that these sacred design principles incorporated into the Temple's structure allow him to progressively increase the energies of Grace emitting through it by thousands of folds. These higher energies are vital for the awakening of mankind.

The Temple's upper story Meditation Hall can hold up to 8,000 people at once. As thousands of awakened beings begin to meditate around the clock there, the energies will radiate out from Golden City throughout the planet along the Earth's ley lines.

How this works is that rotating groups of 6,000 to 8,000 awakened beings in meditation will powerfully radiate the Temple's energies of Divine Grace, through the gridlines, out to many thousands of deeksha givers living and working around the globe. As their Deeksha/Oneness Blessings become stronger and stronger with each elevation of energy, mankind can awaken much faster.

These grid lines, or ley lines, can actually be measured with a special instrument called the Laker Antenna. Research shows that when a person's chakras rotate at 33 spins a second, you will become awakened. It has also been shown that when ley lines are made to vibrate at that speed, so do the chakras.

The implication of this--worldwide--is major!

Simple put, the elevated gridline's energies will begin to effect everyone's chakras, spinning them at a higher rate, bringing all of mankind into an awakened state.

and one more

http://www.ammabhagavan.net/Oneness_Temple_Conciousness.php

How the Oneness Temple Effects Consciousness?
Oneness Temple and its greatness (Source: enlightenment-online.com)

It's been said that the phenomenon of Amma Bhagavan's Deeksha (Oneness Blessing) began with the descent of the Golden Ball of Divine Grace into the children at the Jeevashram School in 1989, but actually it all began well before that--when Bhagavan was only four years old.

It was in 1953 when the Golden Ball first appeared to Bhagavan. At the young age of four, Bhagavan felt driven to chant a mantra over and over again into this mystical orb of light, as a way of charging it with his Divine intent to end suffering for all of humanity through enlightenment.

This special mantra wasn't found in any of the Indian scriptures, nor did Bhagavan learn it from anyone. It was revealed to him by unseen forces, and completely beyond his control as he was involuntarily compelled to chant it 24 hours a day.

Whether Bhagavan was sleeping, awake, at school, at play--no matter what he was doing--the chanting continued. Throughout all of this Bhagavan had the feeling that all his passion for human awakening, and his deep desire to help humanity was being transferred into the Golden Ball.

The chanting occurred inside Bhagavan's head 24 hours of the day for 21 years until he was 25 years old, and he was never able to stop it. As it continued, Bhagavan felt as though the Golden Ball was growing more and more powerful in its purpose.

After 21 years of continuous chanting, suddenly one day the chanting stopped...and the Golden Ball disappeared. At that point Bhagavan said he felt there was a reason for its disappearance and that it would reappear again at some point later in his life. He also felt that when that happened it would be the signal for him to begin his higher mission.

Unbeknownst to each other, Amma Padmavathi had also been seeing this same Golden Ball since she was a child. Despite being raised in different towns, it seems that both Amma and Bhagavan were aligned with the same grand plan. Then in 1989 when the Golden Ball finally reappeared and descended into the children at the Jeevashram School, transporting them into extremely high states of consciousness, Amma and Bhagavan knew it was time to proceed with their Divine mission.
Mass Deeksha was Birthed

The miracle of deeksha had been birthed into the present, and over time the Oneness University was founded, the power to give deeksha was granted through the 21 Day Process course, and construction of the Oneness Temple began. Now with its completion the marvel of the Golden Ball and deeksha can be dispensed to the masses.

The Oneness Temple in Golden City (in southern India, near Chennai) was personally designed by Bhagavan, using numerous ancient sciences from different traditions, including Vedic sacred geometry, and specifically constructed to facilitate the descent of the energies of the Divine Golden Ball very powerfully into everyone who passes through its doors.

When this Golden Ball descends into the consciousness of a person, the first thing they will experience is a cleansing and opening of the chakras, plus an activation of their spiritual, kundalini energy. The very nature of the way the Temple is structured also serves as preparation to open people to receiving an infinite variety of possible miracles ranging from physical healings, emotional and relationship healings, financial abundance and success, to mystical visions and Divine experiences.

But more importantly...

A neurobiological shift takes place in the brain and body that begins a physical and spiritual transformation ultimately leading to an awakening into Oneness and full God-Realization.

His life story tells a strange story of the "Set Up'. He is a Insurance clerk, then pulled in to Jiddu Krishnamurthy (JK) movement by his former school classmate called shankar who heads the Jiddu Krishnamirthy's school.

_http://www.enlightened-spirituality.org/deeksha_oneness.html

Learning from J. Krishnamurti {1895-1986} and Hindu Tradition

Shankar, after completing his PhD, moved on to Germany, worked there for a few years and returned to India to marry Dr. Prema, a medical doctor. Prema, a faithful and cultured lady, kept off the spiritual "fog" that surrounded Shankar. She continued her support and loyalty towards her husband through thick and thin. Shankar, like his mother, went through much of oscillation and conflict between science and belief. He found J. Krishnamurti (JK) an ideal bridge; JK satisfied his need to close the gap between his doubts and beliefs.

Shankar went to {Krishnamurti's school at} Brockwood Park in U.K. where he met J. Krishnamurti [it was not the first time he met JK] and JK being impressed by Shankar's dignified looks and scientific education was not late to invite him to join his foundation and head his {Rishi Valley} school in Bangalore. It was this same dignity and grace of Shankar that was used by Vijaykumar. A credible looking man can always sell a sub-standard product, this is a well known fact that any good marketing or sales expert would vouch for.
--
As we shall learn from the materials gathered and presented below, Vijaykumar was a mid-level administrator in a Krishnamurti school in India; he began to have some spiritual experiences and then, more problematically, began to have inflated ambitions to become a leading guru-figure himself. J. Krishnamurti (1895-1986) criticized Vijaykumar's spiritual experiences and pretensions. Vijaykumar subsequently worked with an elegant "front-man," Dr. R. Shankar (who brought Vijaykumar into the JK school), to open in India's Andhra Pradesh state his own new school for adolescents and to create an exalted status and mythos for himself as a great spiritual leader. Predictable in an era of spiritual hunger, Vijaykumar, with the attractive Shankar's help, began to draw in lots of sincere, impressionable, and rather gullible young people to his movement. Vijaykumar-Kalki and his wife Padmavathi Amma ("Amma" commonly means "Mother") and their closest inner circle of followers cleverly utilized certain high-flown language about enlightenment and (from 1993 onward) the power of naive expectations about "collective mass enlightenment," along with insidious social dynamics (authoritarianism mixed with "collegial networking," peer pressure, etc.) and well-known inner psychological dynamics (experience-seeking, interpersonal dependency, group identification, cognitive dissonance, etc.), and, with the newfound power of the giant sums of money they were soon amassing, the proud and petty "Bhagavan and Amma" quickly grew a large mass movement out of the initial cult group.

Later the story is pretty much is pyramid schemes, drugs, dual lifes, cultic culture and end less corporate style marketing schemes many are pyramid schemes, 2012 scare tactics. There is no dearth of experience seekers and financial/narcisisstic/cultural sufferers who are looking for solace in any thing near them. so there is no dearth of fuel for this abuse.

Back
Top Bottom