Two dreams that woke me up suddenly

Carlybee

Padawan Learner
ok, Ive had 2 freaky dreams in a row now and thought I would share as they seem very full on and I love some insights on them if anyone wants to share?

Night of the 4th June 2010

I had a bad dream last night that I got broken into and they took everything, all my belongings gone, I was so distraught they even took my phone. The only number I could remember was my recent ex’s phone number. There were police officers there before I got there and they were the ones actually showing me the break in and they lent me a phone and I called my ex but no answer. I also remember crying so hard bent over in so much emotional pain people walking past me and over me, my 3 year old Son was not with me either. As the police and some other people moved past me, I felt their thoughts as they walked past like they knew my pain was only my ego I needed to get over and that I would be ok. I also remember seeing naked actors getting out of cars on a film set they were strapped laying down inside the vehicles, one man had a little boy underneath him also naked which I found weird like the boy was providing him energy of some sort.

Night of 5th June 2010

I had another nightmare last night waking me suddenly; I remember travelling around using a fold up silver scooter type vehicle, this is the second dream involving vehicles of some sort. I was with someone friendly and we were about to go past some busker like people trying to get our attention, they were strange beings not human, they were extremely thin all over (their legs and arms not much thicker than my wrist) they were also in kind of very dark green suits or what appeared to be suits and as we went to scoot past the first one had some same dark green felt or surface on the ground in front of us with some kind of fine white sand over the top of it and the friend I was with said this stuff is hard to ride our vehicles through and it was but we walked instead of scooted over it, then there was another one but by this time I was on my own and my friend had disappeared and I was confronted by the next being he held his palm towards my chest and I could feel him trying to pull me in or a strong pull of some kind on my chest like he was trying to hold me to take energy out of me or something. I tried to pass and he got more and more pushy and I saw his face he had the smirky face of the sith lord from the star wars movie but with white hair, I said once no thanks as I tried to pass by to where I wanted to get through to, then he persisted with whatever he was trying to do to me and I held my palm back up at him pushed the force back at him in a sharp push towards his being and spoke “I said NO THANKYOU!” then I woke suddenly heart racing.

When I woke suddenly with my heart racing, my chest area that this being was trying to control me with totally released literally feeling it, it kind of 'clicked open' and I could take deep breaths again like that area in my breast bone expanded or popped open after being contracted. I remember not being scared once I asserted myself and when I woke properly I was quite annoyed with the beings in my dream, but boy my heart was still racing when I woke lol. This is the same morning I found out the spiral ufo had been here (Im in Australia) at about 5:45am and Im certain this is around the same time I woke, coincidence but worth mentioning.

Im new to this dream sharing thing so any insights would be good. ;)

Thanks C .

These are "Dark Man" dreams. If you haven't, read Clarissa Pinkola Estes' "Women Who Run With the Wolves." It's Jungian, but helpful.

The short version is: there is a predator in your environment/reality and usually it is someone you do not suspect.

Laura said:
These are "Dark Man" dreams. If you haven't, read Clarissa Pinkola Estes' "Women Who Run With the Wolves." It's Jungian, but helpful.

The short version is: there is a predator in your environment/reality and usually it is someone you do not suspect.

Ah yes! I have the audiobook its a favourite of mine. Well its probably still my ex, I've been allowing him back into my life the last few weeks out of 'hope' of change....yeah I know lol.

Thanks for the reminder Laura.

Carlybee said:
Laura said:

Ah yes! I have the audiobook its a favourite of mine. Well its probably still my ex, I've been allowing him back into my life the last few weeks out of 'hope' of change....yeah I know lol.

Thanks for the reminder Laura.

It's not me that's reminding you, it's your own higher self that is screaming "warning! warning!"

Here is a relevant quote from the Wave:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/wave8.htm

[...] It was the standard "Dark Man Dream" as described by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, a Jungian psychologist, who uses ancient tales as maps to chart our unconscious knowing in her book Women Who Run With The Wolves.

"The natural predator of the psyche is not only found in fairy tales but also in dreams. There is a universal initiatory dream, one so common that it is remarkable if a person has reached age 25 without having had such a dream. The dream usually causes the person to jolt awake, striving and anxious. The dream usually involves being in a house with danger outside or darkness outside. The dreamer is frightened and frantically tries to obtain assistance. Suddenly, they realize the danger is virtually on top of them, or right with them, or cannot be overcome or avoided, or that they have lost. The dreamer awakens instantly, breathing hard, heart pounding.

"There is a strong physical aspect to having a dream of the predator. The dream is often accompanied by sweats, struggles, hoarse breathing, heart pounding, and sometimes crying and moans of fear. We could say the dream-maker has dispensed with subtle messages to the dreamer and now sends images which shake the neurological and autonomic nervous system of the dreamer, thereby communicating the urgency of the matter.
"The antagonists of the 'dark dream' are, in people's own words, 'terrorists, rapists, thugs, concentration camp Nazis, marauders, murderers, criminals, creeps, bad men, thieves.' There are several levels to the interpretation of the dream..."

"Often such a dream is a reliable indicator that a person's consciousness is just beginning to gain awareness of the innate psychic predator...."

"The dream is a harbinger; the dreamer has just discovered or is about to discover and begin liberating a forgotten and captive function of the psyche.

"The dark man dream tells a person what predicament they are facing. The dream tells about a cruel attitude toward the dreamer. Like Bluebeard's wife, the dreamer can consciously gain hold of the 'key' question about this matter and answer it honestly, and can then be set free. ...

"The dark man appears in dreams when an initiation - a psychic change from one level of knowing and behavior to another more energetic level of knowledge and action is imminent. The initiation creates an archway which one prepares to pass through to a new manner of knowing and being....

"Dreams are 'portales,' entrances, preparations, and practices for the next step in consciousness.

"Dark man dreams are wake-up calls. They say: Pay attention! Something has gone radically amiss in the outer world. ....The threat of the 'dark man dreams' serves as a warning to all of us -- if you don't pay attention, something will be stolen from you! The dreamer needs to be initiated so that whatever has been robbing her can be recoginzed, apprehended, and dealt with.

"In the Bluebeard story we see how a woman who falls under the spell of the predator rouses herself and escapes him, wiser for the experience. The story is about transformation through knowledge, insight, voice, decisive action. We must unlock the secrets and use our abilities to be able to stand what we see. And then, we must use our voice and our wits to do what needs to be done about what we see. When instincts are strong, we intuitively recognize the innate predator by scent, sight, and hearing... we anticipate its presence, hear it approaching, and take steps to turn it away. In the instinct-injured (i.e. nuts and bolts person) the predator is upon them before they register its presence. We have been taught to be nice, to behave, to be blind, and to be misused. [We have been hypnotized to give up our flesh and skins.]

"The young and the injured are uninitiated. Neither knows much about the dark predator and are, therefore, credulous. But, fortunately, when the predator is on the move, it leaves behind unmistakable tracks in dreams. These tracks eventually lead to its discovery, capture and containment.
"Wild Ways teaches people when not to act 'nice' about protecting their souls. The instinctive nature knows that being 'sweet' in these instances only makes the predator smile. When the soul is being threatened, it is not only acceptable to draw the line and mean it, it is required."

Thankyou Psyche that was so useful to read! I was certainly far from little miss nice when I asserted myself against this being in my dream and I'm doing the same with a certain suspect "dark man" in my waking life too...the warning bells were paid attention to! :-)

I was led here from the Just Astonishing Videos thread. I was interested to find this Dark Man Dream. In early childhood I regularly dreamed of being alone in a dark house, moving from room to room in order to both find something and evade something. I never saw a predator in the dreams, but felt a dark presence.

Decades later, in my early twenties, I was involved in a traffic accident that left me with head injuries and in a 3-day coma. On regaining consciousness I emerged from the most exhausting 'dream' I had ever experienced. My perception was that I had spent all that time being chased by a seriously angry predator. I ran through the streets of where I was born in south London, looking for my relatives - particularly my beloved auntie. Every house I came to I burst through the front door, the predator not far behind me, and finding nobody at home I would exit by the back door, double back, and continue running. It was night time and nobody else existed except me and the predator.

It seemed to go on forever, and at some point I started tiring - sweat dripping off me, and turning round I saw that the predator was gaining on me. Then suddenly I became very angry myself - the anger gave me strength and a lack of fear, so I stopped and waited for the predator. He came within three feet of me and we stood facing each other. He looked like a complete nutter - a maniac, baring his teeth,red-eyed, but I began to recognise him.

In a matter of seconds my own anger forced itself into the predator and he began to diminish in size and power. He disappeared just before I realised that it was actually me - one of my 'I's perhaps - or me as another possibility. Or maybe another entity pretending to be me. Or just some psychological shenanigans going on as a result of the trauma my body and mind was experiencing. Whatever the details it certainly fits the Dark Man dream scenario.

Back
Top Bottom