Wikileaks Video from US gunship slaughterfest

altamash

The Force is Strong With This One
Sott Article: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/206184-Collateral-Murder-WikiLeaks-video-from-US-helicopter-gunship-reveals-glimpse-of-slaughterfest-in-Iraq

US soldiers in a helicopter gunship fire on civilians and 2 reuters journalists repeatedly and then engage a Van that tried to pickup the bodies and wounded. 2 childrens were wounded and all they could say is "Thats what happens when you bring children to a battle".

Youtube Video short 18mins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

Youtube Video Full 40mins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is9sxRfU-ik

Source Website: http://www.collateralmurder.com

Screenshots of some civilians trying to pickup the bodies and one wounded journalist being engaged repeatedly:

wikileaksexcerptsmarita.jpg

You can see the madness, the civilians identified as insurgents and the journalist's cameras as ak-47s and rpgs...

Request everyone to spread is everywhere, it is still not being covered in most major TV networks.

saw this myself today on facebook. It's quite disturbing to watch and even worse is the listen to the soldiers talk about it. They do mention the presence of AK47s, as if some of them were carrying them, however in the video itself I couldn't make out any weapons, nor any of the 'insurgents' returning fire.

Apparently there were two children in the van and they were both injured in the shooting, one of the soldier makes the remark "well they shouldn't bring kids to the battle..." which just sent waves of disgust through me. :curse:

Puck said:
saw this myself today on facebook. It's quite disturbing to watch and even worse is the listen to the soldiers talk about it. They do mention the presence of AK47s, as if some of them were carrying them, however in the video itself I couldn't make out any weapons, nor any of the 'insurgents' returning fire.

Apparently there were two children in the van and they were both injured in the shooting, one of the soldier makes the remark "well they shouldn't bring kids to the battle..." which just sent waves of disgust through me. :curse:

It is sad indeed. The soldiers seemed to be trigger happy, they kept insisting command to give them the clear to engage on the Van that was trying to rescue the wounded. Im sure the civilians knew that a US helicopter was patrolling the area, if they were insurgents i dont think they would be stupid enough to gather in the wide open courtyard.

5th April 2010 10:44 EST WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff.

Reuters has been trying to obtain the video through the Freedom of Information Act, without success since the time of the attack. The video, shot from an Apache helicopter gun-site, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded Reuters employee and his rescuers. Two young children involved in the rescue were also seriously wounded.

The military did not reveal how the Reuters staff were killed, and stated that they did not know how the children were injured.

After demands by Reuters, the incident was investigated and the U.S. military concluded that the actions of the soldiers were in accordance with the law of armed conflict and its own "Rules of Engagement".

Consequently, WikiLeaks has released the classified Rules of Engagement for 2006, 2007 and 2008, revealing these rules before, during, and after the killings.

WikiLeaks has released both the original 38 minutes video and a shorter version with an initial analysis. Subtitles have been added to both versions from the radio transmissions.

WikiLeaks obtained this video as well as supporting documents from a number of military whistleblowers. WikiLeaks goes to great lengths to verify the authenticity of the information it receives. We have analyzed the information about this incident from a variety of source material. We have spoken to witnesses and journalists directly involved in the incident.

WikiLeaks wants to ensure that all the leaked information it receives gets the attention it deserves. In this particular case, some of the people killed were journalists that were simply doing their jobs: putting their lives at risk in order to report on war. Iraq is a very dangerous place for journalists: from 2003- 2009, 139 journalists were killed while doing their work.

Source

Reading about this kind of stuff is one thing, but to have it right there in front of you...wow.

To actually see on the video that there were little kids in the van...i was absolutely shocked, i barely made it to the end. :(

Puck said:

Yes, that remark also caught my atention. Seemed to me that that place was not even a battle field before they started shooting everyone! As if those people knew it was going to turn into a battle field! Very disturbing!

That was horrible...one opportunity to try to keep it below the neck because I am so enraged and disgusted.

It needs to be spread far and wide.

These military guys are so brainwashed into thinking that everyone out there is to get them that they see weapons and insurgents everywhere...

These military guys are so brainwashed into thinking that everyone out there is to get them that they see weapons and insurgents everywhere...

They are brainwashed but also acting on their orders, and orders that include killing civilians come from top and that is for reason - kill civilians and say they are terrorist, and that will bring more insurgents and that is exactly what they want, to keep war going and to have some enemy to fight and these insurgents I think aren't much of enemy for so advanced military! These pilots were acting like they were playing some game and they wanted civilians to pick something so they can shot them, human life has no value anymore, only value today is taking life, robbing people! You can see from plane that those in van were civilians trying to help wounded.

Im sure the civilians knew that a US helicopter was patrolling the area, if they were insurgents i dont think they would be stupid enough to gather in the wide open courtyard.

Don't think they saw it because if they did they would be more careful(they know that US forces kill civilians for no reason) and those people with van wouldn't come so fast, they would wait until the helicopter went. If you see speed of bullets they need some time, 3 seconds max. to hit so it means the weren't very close and in the start of video you see they aren't very close, they use zooming. I'am not sure but looks like two individuals behind reporters had weapons, but not six as it's said.

Heck they thought the guys camera was an AK-47, then they reported it as an RPG. I don't know what consideration is worse...that the pilots are blatantly Blind or if they have selective blindness so they could fire on them.....
The latter seems more likely though.

Had to do some serious pipe breathing after watching this (and try my best not to burst into tears at my desk).....really shouldn't watch these sort of things at work.
I thought about stopping the video.....I can't remember what Laura wrote exactly, but it was about observing these things (I think at the time in reference to Palestinian children being injured) for the sake of those that suffered.

Not sure I managed to keep it below the neck though....I wrote a pretty scathing/hostile comment to go with posting it on facebook.

RedFox said:
Had to do some serious pipe breathing after watching this (and try my best not to burst into tears at my desk).....really shouldn't watch these sort of things at work.

I had the same reaction... I really shouldn't be watching this at work either.

I'm at a loss for words. My reaction is one of anger and extreme sadness. I think those troops firing, whose voices we hear in the video, should be put on trial for murder.

My first impressions watching the video, seemed to say that
the controller(s) were in some sort of a 'video-game' mode and
very badly wanted permission to pull the trigger on these "bad-guy"
living human beings in order to ratchet up their scores? Sounds to
me, like a blood-thirsty borg-hive mindset with the controller having
no conscience, none whatsoever, since s/he is 'not in charge', but
fully participating & engorging in blood-fest war games'?

I wonder how the game-controller would feel, if anything at all, were
it members of his own family that s/he were firing/shooting at?

Perhaps the controllers are primed, previously playing violent video-games
as relaxation, just before getting into a real-life, hot-seat gaming armchairs?

Hmm, quite sickening really.

FWIW,
Dan

As has been already been said, it is one thing to read about these murders of civilians in Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc and another to actually see it. It's just sick. The pilots were obviously looking for any excuse to
kill those people. It wouldn't surprise me if they well knew that those supposed 'RPGs' and 'AK 47s' were actually cameras.

Also a speculation maybe they even knew that there were reporters among the men and targeted them deliberately. But that's just a speculation.

dannybananny said:
These pilots were acting like they were playing some game and they wanted civilians to pick something so they can shot them, human life has no value anymore, only value today is taking life, robbing people! You can see from plane that those in van were civilians trying to help wounded.

I also got this impression they saw themselves to be playing a video game. It did look from the camera zooming that the helicopter was quite far away meaning there were entirely dependent on the video monitor to see what's happening.

This is just one of hundreds or thousands of such incidents that Iraqi civilians have experienced at the hands of US soldiers, military helicopters and jets. At a minimum, half of the 1.3 million dead in Iraq were killed directly by the US military, the other half were mostly killed by US-sponsored death squads as they attempted to create the "reality" of a civil war in Iraq as per the orders from the office of the Vice President. So just multiply this video by several thousand times, with much larger number of dead and you get an overall picture of the "Iraq war".

Perceval said:
This is just one of hundreds or thousands of such incidents that Iraqi civilians have experienced at the hands of US soldiers, military helicopters and jets. At a minimum, half of the 1.3 million dead in Iraq were killed directly by the US military, the other half were mostly killed by US-sponsored death squads as they attempted to create the "reality" of a civil war in Iraq as per the orders from the office of the Vice President. So just multiply this video by several thousand times, with much larger number of dead and you get an overall picture of the "Iraq war".
I feel quite ashamed that this is only just now starting to dawn on me......I have no idea why only now? I 'knew' this was going on...I guess I just didn't grasp it well enough.

What we are talking about is US jets etc going in and bombing entire neighborhoods in Iraq and US soldiers and mercenaries "killing anything that moved". The American butchers in the US military and government knew from day one (in fact long before then) that the "Iraq war" was against the ordinary civilian population of Iraq because THAT was the resistance. NOTHING you have been told about Iraq by the mainstream media is true. NOTHING. If you want to begin to understand the horror of it all, and that is a big "if", then you first have to forget everything you think you know about what has gone on there over the past 7 years.

Back
Top Bottom