REIKI TUMMO

My previous question about reiki tummo was unfortunately 'contaminated' with another question.

What is the take of the forum members, and if appropiate the C's, about reiki tummo?

Would appreciate your opinions.

R

eliansito

From your first post;
I have searched the forum about reiki tummo and couldn’t find anything, I am about to start a workshop and would like to know if there is any danger in that practice I should be aware of.

Note sure if you read Laura’s experiences with Reiki?

Seem from what i recall, that the linage path was important as were symbols used and persons (Attunement givers) effecting individuals in positive or negative ways.

Looked for particulars on Tummo; could not find from who it originated, perhaps it is new based on the Grand Masters bio at the end? However, do not know enough about the ins and outs but yes further research might be advisable as you are seeking.

Here is the surface stuff that was quickly found;

http://www.padmacahaya.com/Rktummo/rktm2.html

So, although Reiki TUMMO is an energy channeling technique, the essence of Reiki TUMMO is not energy channeling. Reiki TUMMO is about:
• Understanding more of the blessing of the Divine Source
• Understanding more about your heart, as the heart is the key to your connection to the Divine Source
• Being connected to your heart and being in your heart to be able to be connected to the Divine Source and to feel peace, calmness, joy and happiness in your daily life as heart is the key to attain this
• Connected to your True Self in preparation for the real spiritual journey, as the real spiritual journey is about your True Self getting closer to the Divine Source (Source of the True Self)

And from the same site;

www.padmacahaya.com/Schedules/Retreat_Hobart_Nov06.doc

Reiki TUMMO Attunement Authorisation
No one outside Padmacahaya Foundation or Padmajaya Foundation is authorized to give a Reiki TUMMO attunement. As Reiki TUMMO is simply the beginning part of a series of lessons in advanced spiritual development, authorization to teach Reiki TUMMO is not spread freely. Only a master in Padmacahaya Foundation or Padmajaya Foundation has the authority to teach Reiki TUMMO. This is to ensure that the direction and real goal of Reiki TUMMO does not change. A person who has completed level 3B in Reiki TUMMO still does not have complete and thorough understanding about the essence of Reiki TUMMO, as Reiki TUMMO is an integrated part of a more advanced program of spiritual development.

This is part the GM bio of Master Irmansyah;

http://www.padmacahaya.com/GrandMaster.html

Says of him;

Mr. Irmansyah Effendi is the Grand Master of the powerful spiritual technique of Reiki TUMMO®. He holds Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Mathematics at the age of 20 from California State University, USA, with Magna Cum Laude and Honor. He holds Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence at the age of 21 from the same university

Now this GM would be worthy of further research IMHO befor signing up? :)

Edit: just noted that you were asking about this in an older Reiki thread too - http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=8768.0

Yes, that is the site and that is the master, it happens to be where I live, not far.

I read all the info provided in their site and got a book from its founder. And also Laura's experiences with reiki in the wave, which is actually what made me want to learn it.

My question you mention was actually almost simultaneus, and I thought I could get an answer there too, since that topic is allready about reiki and someone might have had an experience with reiki tummo.

I remember having seen reiki tummo ads in europe long ago and was surprised when recently searching for reiki workshops that it originated so close to my present location. Reiki tummo claims seem quite big and the founder's curriculum and activities/progress seems also genuine. (call me naive....that is the purpose of these questions!)

I am not sure how to research about someone, I have emailed him (no reply yet, but his schedule seems pretty hectic adn he is not teaching beginner levels anymore) and have contacted people in their organization and attended one of their sessions which left me somewhat dissapointed but I could clearly see that it had more to do with the individuals I met on the occasion than with the system itself. Having learned that lineage is important, I understood that if it is worth doing it, I would like to do it with the so called Master Irmansyah, even if he doesnt teach beginner levels I requested so (maybe that is why I am not getting an answer).

Thanks for your reply and would appreciate if you could give me some hints or website on how to research about an individual background other than sheer goggle search, which I did with the same results you got and then locally by chance.

R

eliansito;
…if you could give me some hints or website on how to research about an individual background other than sheer goggle search, which I did with the same results you got and then locally by chance.

Eliansito, there are undoubtedly many more on the Forum much further advanced than i (novice) at researching on the world wide web, perhaps someone has direct experience with Tummo or its Master who has not read your post(s), so unless you can discover on your own, be patient and future help may arrive – good luck. :)

PS. Found a little more of a Bio on the GM here - http://www.intermetu.com/instructors/instructors/ieffendi.html also a Youtube interview here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm3ekbZPUfc&feature=player_embedded

Thank you Parallax, I am novice too and patience is not one of my virtues...can't help thinking that as one posts, the next day there will be a 100 replies... :lol:

Thanks again! will look into the links.

R

eliansito said:
I remember having seen reiki tummo ads in europe long ago and was surprised when recently searching for reiki workshops that it originated so close to my present location. Reiki tummo claims seem quite big and the founder's curriculum and activities/progress seems also genuine. (call me naive....that is the purpose of these questions!)

I am not sure how to research about someone, I have emailed him (no reply yet, but his schedule seems pretty hectic and he is not teaching beginner levels anymore) and have contacted people in their organization and attended one of their sessions which left me somewhat disappointed but I could clearly see that it had more to do with the individuals I met on the occasion than with the system itself. Having learned that lineage is important, I understood that if it is worth doing it, I would like to do it with the so called Master Irmansyah, even if he doesn't teach beginner levels I requested so (maybe that is why I am not getting an answer).

Can I ask you this: what is the reason you want to start with this "special" type of reiki? I've bolded some parts of your post that in my opinion poses some serious questions about this organisation you mention. If this system of reiki is "good" why does these individuals you've encountered make you "unsatisfied"; Is your goal to be like them (assuming these individual you've met have practised this for some time)? Does their promises sound "too good to be true"? And most importantly: what is the MAIN MOTIVE behind you wanting to learn reiki?

When I first got interested in reiki some years ago I suddenly had this "synchronous" email from a person who promised a type of very effective new type of reiki. This person also (based on a short internet post of mine) was sure I had been a great healer in my past life, and that this special reiki was surely just the right thing for me. This course I took in this "special" reiki did seem somehow wrong from the start, but my GREED kept me going - I just had to learn all these nifty and powerful reiki techniques! There was some negative consequences, but I'll spare you the details. Fortunately after some months I woke up to see how corrupted and not good for me this "school" was and I cut all connections to this organisation. But it still gives me the creeps to picture in my mind the path that this line of "special reiki" would have took me on. Reiki, even the traditional one, can become usurping if one doesn't pay attention!

After this encounter I was fortunate to find a teacher in traditional reiki with good lineage. Now reiki is a part of my every day life, but nothing more. It's like an old friend that I "call" once in a while when I need some help. The good thing about traditional reiki, not the westernised type, is that it also includes meditation. As I've understood Usui did place great value in meditation practises. So, IMO a good sign about a reiki teacher would be that he teaches and practises also mediation.

Sorry if my questions feel too provocative, I'm just trying to spare you the misery I went through. Having said that, life is all about lessons... ;)

No worries for your questions, that is why I posted, they are most welcome!

I wanted to spare the details too, not that is was too bad, it was just than one individual ego was trying to capitalize the experience and spoiled what could have been actually a nice reiki treatment if he had just shut up!

but he was trying to have me relax by his amateurish version of hypnotic direct suggestions to make me smile and to let go...kind of like "smile smile smile, yes let go thats it, more, smile smile smile, relax relax relax..dont worry about the sounds at the back they are disgusting, yes" .............(you get the idea) the sounds at the back were supposed abreactions of another practitioner(cough and nausea), and obviously they bothered him more than me, he was projecting and all of his suggestions not only made me laugh (not smile), but provoked exactly the opposite, as I have a critical and analyzing mind and tend to be also a polarity responder in such instances...his suggestions actually found target in the guy at my head who ,until his trance, was doing a pretty good job..I was trying to relax!!! In one moment I actually opened my eyes and try to tell him to shut up but my subtle request wasn't succesful and on it went...

I asked a few 'innocent' questions after the session and I got the impression that he didnt have a clue, and that he was just one of the senior on duty persons there but by no means was he advanced or accomplished

Thus I reached my conclusions...I suspect that there is a gap between the master teachings and that practice group.

The system and master stress meditation too, and the only think that bugs me is the opening of the heart that goes along with this system, that is why I wanted to ask here too.

Why would I like to learn reiki?,
what triggered my desire was to learn (in the wave) that it is an objective system, that does not require beliefs or such for it to work,
and my motives are for personal healing, as you say I want it to become a part of my life, in the form of a tool for myself and, if the occasion is fit, for others around me.

I am interested in this particular reiki because among those available to me locally it seems to be my top choice at this point, other peoples lineage cannot be traced, one of them used a book by Diane Stein (looking further his name I learned that DS is a Wiccan and her website is full of pentagrams and her books about rituals so it was a no no)

I hope someone can shed a bit of light on it, I am not in a hurry also, but would like to learn it (reiki)

Thanks again!

R

Hi eliansito :),

As I see it healing is the result of inner freedom and purity of thought.
The capacity of healing others may happen through pure thought, knowledge of thyself and faith, this make an individual able to direct his/her consciousness in the purest form to others.

Anyway I also think sometimes diseases are the physical reflection of changes in consciousness or stages of learning and I don't think external intervention in these cases respects the free will of the being.

So maybe someone with inner drives for helping others needs first to work on himself sincerely, so that when he/she get in contact with others is able to see them as really are and give what is needed to be given in each situation.

eliansito said:
I am interested in this particular reiki because among those available to me locally it seems to be my top choice at this point, other peoples lineage cannot be traced, one of them used a book by Diane Stein (looking further his name I learned that DS is a Wiccan and her website is full of pentagrams and her books about rituals so it was a no no)

Would travelling and staying a few days away be a possibility for you? The reiki courses are most commonly two day sessions (weekends), so maybe it would be possible to expand your search to more distant locations? Finding a good and trust worthy reiki sensei would in my opinion be worth a little trip. Maybe someone on the forum could recommend someone if you would provide your approximate geographical location. Just a thought, fwiw.

Aragorn said:
Would travelling and staying a few days away be a possibility for you? The reiki courses are most commonly two day sessions (weekends), so maybe it would be possible to expand your search to more distant locations? Finding a good and trust worthy reiki sensei would in my opinion be worth a little trip. Maybe someone on the forum could recommend someone if you would provide your approximate geographical location. Just a thought, fwiw.

At this point traveling is not an option, location is Bali, many offers here actually but none yet attractive or reliable enough.

Ana said:
Anyway I also think sometimes diseases are the physical reflection of changes in consciousness or stages of learning and I don't think external intervention in these cases respects the free will of the being.

So maybe someone with inner drives for helping others needs first to work on himself sincerely, so that when he/she get in contact with others is able to see them as really are and give what is needed to be given in each situation.[/font]

For the first paragraph, some of my health issues could be of that sort if not all yet I believe in the body mind connection and that both can be affected or healed both ways, and besides, as I understand it reiki has a two way aproach that would fit into your description "working in oneself sincerely" (meditation being the self part) free will is in this case not violated cos it is my own lol!

Inner drives for helping others I do have indeed, and here learned what I already suspected/forgot/backfired/learned/forgot.. again many times before, that it is a running program and a product of my ego, complementary of a demand for pity, ducking responsability on the other side most of the times. Other times it has been a genuine interaction.

Thus in reiki or in general I try to keep myself inline and that is why I said "if the occasion is fit" meaning that if I am asked specifically and genuinely for assistance with reiki (once learnt) I would also consider using it on others.

Since reading the wave and joining this forum I am a little bit more aware of the above, and step by step hope to solidify that learning and don't get caught again in saving the world...it is an ongoing process of course rather than a before and after.

thanks!

R

Back
Top Bottom