Sung version of POTS

aragorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Maybe this should be in the 'Tickle Me' section, who knows :lol:

I had this crazy idea of putting together The Prayer Of The Soul with some music, so that I could sing it. I immediately came to think about 'Amazing Grace', since it was mentioned in this years transcripts and since it's the title of the bio by Laura. So I took a shot at it, and was amazed how beautifully the words fit into the song. Some minor embellishments had to be added to the melody in places. Also the breathing between phrases can be done almost according to the meditation version, it's just at the end that it differs.

I've been singing this a lot in the car when alone (before I got the flu that is) and it has helped me to remember the words. So, have a go if you please! :lol:

Added: The score is as an attachment in pdf, so you have to be logged in to see it, I believe.

Added: The recording of me singing this can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zorueziz0e3/pots_aragorn_1b.mp3

Attachments

• pots_score-1.pdf
    56.8 KB · Views: 8
A bit lower version for you with lower voices...

Attachments

• pots_score-2.pdf
    56.6 KB · Views: 9
This is very cool because I actually did the exact same thing for myself. But I didn't want to sing it in an already known tune.. so I always tried singing it in different ways. I sing it really loud in the shower lol :lol:

It's nice to know someone else is thinking along the same lines as me... :-[

I had posted something like this a while ago under Music...maybe I put it under the wrong topic? I think its a great idea too. My husband and I have finally put something together that we are practicing now as a duet with some guitar and flute to add to it. Once we get a way to record it, we'll share it with the group. It could be fun and inspiring if anyone musically inclined could also share any musical ventures with the POTS.

Deedlet, I agree its fun to make up tunes for POTS.... I sing it in the shower, while driving, hiking, jogging, washing dishes. Sometimes its sounds pretty bad and sometimes it sounds great! What a great reason to sing and an incredible way to pray!

Tree

Hehe looks cool. I can't really read music so I don't know the timing of the words even though I know how Amazing Grace goes. I know Laura and the team are quite busy now with the Fellowship, but I remember it was in the plans to have Laura sing and transfer her frequencies in audio form. This is probably already done through the videos to an extent too.

This is actually how I imagined singing it myself. I just didn't have the know-how to put it together this way.

This is great.

Laura said:
This is actually how I imagined singing it myself. I just didn't have the know-how to put it together this way.

This is great.

Thanks! I thought that you were not commenting this version, because you were just being diplomatic. :)

I could easily transpose the score on my computer at home, but unfortunately I'm 400km away from home visiting my mother and father in law this week and also the next one. BTW, feel free to change the score in any way you like!

It would be fun to do a sung version of something else too. I have some ideas but it's too soon to say if they're any good...

I have just listened to your singing the POTS, Aragorn, and I thank you for sharing this wonderful piece with us. I find it really touching. I was also singing the POTS once in summer, when I was in my garden (that I share with friends, actually). But my melody was too much inpromptu, invented, and I was not really satisfied. But it was fun though.

However, now I feel encouraged to make up some other melodies additionally to the one I already did. As some of you have already suggested, maybe the shower is a good place to do so - it just feels a bit wierd as I never sung in the shower before (and if I did, I have forgotten it). But maybe it is time to try something new? :D

Thanks again! :)

I've also enjoyed listening to Aragorn singing the POTS -- thank you for sharing, Aragorn -- I've listened to it quite a few times in this past year. Like Learner, I've been trying to sing it myself, but singing along with Aragorn is quite a call!

Learner said:
However, now I feel encouraged to make up some other melodies additionally to the one I already did. As some of you have already suggested, maybe the shower is a good place to do so - it just feels a bit wierd as I never sung in the shower before (and if I did, I have forgotten it). But maybe it is time to try something new? :D

The shower is definitely a good place to sing, Learner, I can highly recommend it. :) During shower singing I actually invented a few songs, out of the present moment, like an expression of my innermost being, accompanied by goosebumps, lol. And I've found singing to be really energizing, especially singing and feeling what it is what one is singing, if that makes sense.

Wow beautiful Aragorn!
I still enjoyed it even with my aversion to that tune

:shock: Sorry that tune makes me auto-shut off all emotions to follow crowd "sing like you mean it" because at any moment the brain-washing xtians body snatchers will realize, I'm not one of them, mob lynching, and witch burning time will ensue.

adult in me - :rotfl: ROTFL
child - :scared: Afraid! that's not funny!

Back
Top Bottom