HOW TO POST IMAGES?

JGeropoulas

The Living Force
Anart recently included an image within his post to me (Psychopath poster). How does one do this. I don't completely understand the directions for posting image links either. Can I upload an image off my hard-drive like is done with the avatar? If a link is created to an image, where can I post free the image online so it has a link?

Thanks

Look at the bottom of the "quick post" field right below this post. You will see, just above the "submit" button, a link that says "bbcode: on"

click that.

A new window will open (on my computer it opens a whole new browser thingy) and it displays the different code to use for various enhancements of the text as well as how to insert images. You just copy and paste it in appropriately and presto!

Take care to watch out for the closing tags too. When you get into complex posts, using colors, quotes, and quotes within quotes, you can lose track of the tags and the system will not let you submit until there is a closing tag for every opening tag.

Need help posting a scanned image

Hello,

I scanned a picture into a document folder on my computer, and I am trying to figure out how to put it on a post. I have never done this before so if anyone could direct me in this area, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks

Hi Amanecer!
Try www.tinypic.com, The limit is 250k so you might want to check the file-size before uploading.
No registration, simple interface (two buttons)

Thanks GRiM. I will give this a try!

Posting images

I am in the process of creating a post in the UFO section of some images I took in 2005 I have attached them to the end of the post but when I preview the post they are not there. What can I do to get the images onto the post? What am I doing wrong

Thanks Joan

Re: Posting images

The code should look like [ img ] image link [ / img ] without the spaces.

Hi Joan,

Perhaps the image size is too big. Notice that the maximum attachment size allowed is 128kb. So if your image files are larger than that, nothing will happen.

The other way to do it is to upload your images to a "free photo album" site like photobucket or other similar sites and then use the image tag as described by Heimdallr above.

Joan said:
I am in the process of creating a post in the UFO section of some images I took in 2005 I have attached them to the end of the post but when I preview the post they are not there. What can I do to get the images onto the post? What am I doing wrong

Thanks Joan

If you used the "Attach" in the additional options, you will not see the image when you preview your post. The images will appear only after you hit the post button. But as Vulcan59 said, there is a max size for the images.

Using an imaging hosting site could be better because, as far as I know, it utilizes the bandwidth of those sites rather than the forums. If you don't care to keep your uploaded photos in an alblum or if you just don't want to have to login to an image hosting site you can use imagehost.org where all you do is upload the photo and copy the appropriate code.

Thanks for the replies. I did as Heimdallr suggested and uploaded them to the image hosting that she recommended, attached the images, created the post, submitted the post button but the post appears to be lost. Could ther be something else that I am not doing correctly.

Joan

Hi Joan,

If you have uploaded the image to an image hosting site, all you' got to do is look for the link or url of the image. It would be something like _http://your_imagehosting.com/your_image.jpg Usually you'll see a link to that image somewhere and you've just got to copy it. Example below

link.gif

In the above image, you want to copy the "Direct Link". Then as you compose your post, use the image insert icon which looks like this
img.gif
When you click on that image, the image tags gets inserted in the post, like this [#img][#/img] without the hash signs. Now all you' got to do is to insert the url or link that you obtained from the image hosting site in between the two image tags, so that the final code would look something like this [#img]_http://your_imagehosting.com/your_image.jpg[#/img] without the hash signs in the image tag and without the underscore in-front of the http.

Now when you preview and assuming you've done it correctly, you should see the image in the preview mode. This is the method to use assuming that you've uploaded the image to an image hosting site.

If the image file is on your computer and it's less than 128kb, you can use the attach method to show the image. In which case you'll only see the image once you've posted. It doesn't show when you preview if you use the attach method. Hope this explains it.

Thank you for your help Vulcan and explanation, which was so simple, guess it really brought home to me that I am a visual learner. ;)

Back
Top Bottom