Ultra Simple Diet

Laura said:
Again, do NOT count calories! You will find that the more flax seed oil and other good oils you put in your body, the faster the bad fat on your body melts away! It is crazy, but true! Fats and oils do NOT equate to fat on the body unless they are bad fats.

Yep. I can testify that me and the rest of the people in the house who are also doing the diet lost so much weight, we might need to put back a few pounds! And all of this happened without any effort or calories count, while we continued having our shakes, plenty of oils and even animal fat and bacon!

Keit said:
Laura said:
Again, do NOT count calories! You will find that the more flax seed oil and other good oils you put in your body, the faster the bad fat on your body melts away! It is crazy, but true! Fats and oils do NOT equate to fat on the body unless they are bad fats.

Yep. I can testify that me and the rest of the people in the house who are also doing the diet lost so much weight, we might need to put back a few pounds! And all of this happened without any effort or calories count, while we continued having our shakes, plenty of oils and even animal fat and bacon!

Yup. And we eat lots of breads, pancakes, gravies (all made with sarrasin/buckwheat), etc. I hit a plateau for awhile, and then the weight started dropping again. As long as I don't eat anything inflammatory, I can eat all I want. (Sugar is inflammatory, by the way, but good fats are not.) I fry my organic bacon, save the fat to pour on my pancakes, sprinkle them with xylitol and cinnamon, and it's a dream breakfast! I make fresh sausages and have sausage sandwiches, have sausage gravy on pancakes, etc. All with Buckwheat flour which does not have the same evil properties that other flours have. It really is amazing and that's why I want to show people how to do some of these things. You really can eat "rich" and delicious food and not worry about it. It just has to be the RIGHT food!

I do limit my rice nowadays since I seem to be affected by the rice lectins. But that won't be true for everyone. But if you are particularly sensitive, Megan, you might be like me in that respect. But you can still eat well and not count calories, the range of foods is just a bit more restricted.

Kniall, my experience with the coffee enemas is that if you keep up with them, you'll start feeling great afterwards. I did them daily for a month when I started. But finding the right dose of the coffee is important. I did some before reading Sherry Rogers' book and was using 4 tablespoons of coffee. That was a real rush!

Also, I have read that if the coffee gets to far into your intestines (out of the colon) that you might get the caffeine rush.

Laura on Yesterday at 10:02:23 PM said:

I can attest to that, I had to get six pairs of trousers adjusted to fit my reduced waist. In terms of calories, ditto for vegetables and meat; most will reduce weight, with the exception of broccoli, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, radishes, lettuce, chicken and mackerel, whilst on these 'liberation diets'.

Nienna Eluch said:
Really! :shock: 15 - 20 minutes? :/ I thought that I read in Detoxify or Die that it was two sessions of 10 minutes each. Did I miss something somewhere? Cripes, if it is 15 - 20 minutes each session I'll have to get up another 1/2 hour earlier. :cry:

Since I am asking questions, are you using two rounded tablespoons? And Sherry Rogers suggested Folgers Classic Roast, where other articles have said to use organic. Sherry stated why she prefers Folgers, but I cannot find it now.

Any suggestions?

The early studies by Dr. Gerson showed that the caffeine from the fluid was absorbed within 12 minutes and most of the recommendations followed his research. A session of 10 minutes should be fine :) . I was suggesting an extended period to John in case there was no gurgling sound, just to make sure it was retained enough time before deciding to concentrate the coffee a little bit more.

I do around 3 heaping tablespoons to 1 quart of distilled or filtered water. The coffee should be organic, specially if you are buying coffee in a country where there are no strict regulations for pesticides or other toxins. If Folgers Classic Roast is known to be purer, it should be fine. Sherry Rogers probably made sure it was a good quality of coffee, after all she is all about detoxifying ;)

Notice that just because Psyche mentions a "quart" does not mean that it is all used at once. About a cup or two at a time!

Laura said:
Notice that just because Psyche mentions a "quart" does not mean that it is all used at once. About a cup or two at a time!

Yeah, it doesn't have to go up into the colon where it can wash away minerals, its gets absorbed just fine from the lower part of the bowel.

The Ultra Simple diet is also even marketed as a weight loss program, even though it is actually to eliminate foods that are troublesome for our bodies/immune systems. It is just what happens when you get rid of inflammation and foods that are unhealthy for your body :).

But skinny people should not be afraid to do it (without restricting the quantities of foods), as they can have gut malabsorption, where food sensitivities can play a big role. Some people with gut malabsorption eat excessive quantities of food, but they fail to gain weight. Others overeat to compensate for gut malabsorption, and they put up a lot of weight. The important thing is to eliminate troublesome foods that are bad for our bodies. Food sensitivities can manifest in a myriad of dis-eases, at least 55 diseases for gluten sensitivity for example. But also, chronic illness often involves a state of inappropriate immune vigilance in which food allergy gets involved even if it is not the cause of the problem, leading then to chronic inflammation.

Trevrizent said:
Laura on Yesterday at 10:02:23 PM said:

I can attest to that, I had to get six pairs of trousers adjusted to fit my reduced waist. In terms of calories, ditto for vegetables and meat; most will reduce weight, with the exception of broccoli, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, radishes, lettuce, chicken and mackerel, whilst on these 'liberation diets'.

I'm sorry Trevizent, but I'm having trouble understanding what you've said here. Are you saying you have eliminated the foods you listed or those are the ones that you do eat?

Hi dugdeep,
to clarify, from one of the recommended big five books on dieting/detox, or it may have been from one or more of the other recommended books, I took the list of foods that other than contribute to weight loss, and posted them. Also, the book specifically quoted foods that are weight losers:
turkey, salmon, sardines, eggs, flaxseed, quinoa, avocado, beets, bok choi, brussel sprouts, carrots, kale, leeks, onions, watercress, lemon water and green tea.

Happily, I am able to eat all of these foods, and do; from a combination of ultra-simple shakes, diets and FIR sauna sessions my weight over the months has drastically reduced (other than over the holiday period when I indulged, and am still trying to lose that weight due to food experimenting :)).

Psyche said:
Laura said:

Yeah, it doesn't have to go up into the colon where it can wash away minerals, its gets absorbed just fine from the lower part of the bowel.

So, how about if I do one quart of coffee over two sessions? Use half, retain 15 mins, expel, then use the second half after a few minutes break or something?

Yesterday was Day 2 of coffee enema detox: I felt much better afterwards (compared with Day 1), but today I feel rotten with flu symptoms. This has been a shock to my system, but I know it's necessary.

Kniall said:
So, how about if I do one quart of coffee over two sessions? Use half, retain 15 mins, expel, then use the second half after a few minutes break or something?

Yes, this is how it's supposed to be done. Of course, I just guesstimate with the amount after it's in the enema bag. I just take half of what's in the bag, hold for up to 15mins, take my time expelling and repeat. I've read in other places that you can rinse with plain water afterwards but I never bother with that.

Kniall said:
Yesterday was Day 2 of coffee enema detox: I felt much better afterwards (compared with Day 1), but today I feel rotten with flu symptoms. This has been a shock to my system, but I know it's necessary.

Kniall, if you haven't seen it there's some discussion going on here about French green clay and how it soaks up toxins and passes them out of the body. Perhaps if you took some while you're doing the enemas it would help the symptoms you're having?

Back
Top Bottom