Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

mkrnhr said:
mada85 said:
Did you read what Laura wrote about this? She says that with time and practice, we will be able to bring back more memories from that state. She also says that in that state we are taking ‘light baths’, which is interesting because it feels like darkness. If you consider that everything in our world is a mirror image, or inversion, of a ‘true existence’, then true light would seem like darkness, in our current state of being.
I understand it also that if we are not yet able to bring out what happens during those zoning-out moments it means that we need more cleansing to receive that light so to say, but a t least, even if it is not accessible to our consciousness, something is happening in our being, right?

I wouldn't exactly say that "true light is like darkness," to us in our present state of being, rather that the brain can't yet process the data from higher realms until it is strengthened and the circuits ramped up. That takes time. So basically, it is probably more similar to a high voltage current shutting off a breaker. The power/light is there, but the wiring won't carry it.

Corto Maltese said:
I read over and over in different sources from feng shui to western ones that the worst place to sleep or dwell in for longer periods of time are room corners. Allegedly stagnant and negative energies tend to accumulate there, or demons if you like. Dunno if this is true but it kind of makes sense.
Was always wondering how it would feel to have perfectly round bedroom and sleep in the center.
Feng shui also recommends sleeping with open windows, no curtains as allegedly CHI (or maybe orgone according to Reich ) flows in and out of the room .
unobstructed.

Of course we cannot prove any of these and can judge only on the feelings. For me it feels right.

Agreed, we can't prove these things, but I, too, like the bed to be in the center of the room and I sleep with the windows open even in winter. At one point, I experimented with moving the bed around and putting the head of it toward magnetic north... that was a trip! Talk about having dreams! But it meant that I had to have my bed at an angle and I didn't like that, so I straightened it back out.

We have a Chinese medicine guy we consult and he's been to the house and advised us about several Feng Shui things, we made the suggested changes, and yeah, it must be working - but that could be suggestion.

SeekinTruth said:
I continued the Prayer of the Soul after Laura's last recital for another 20 minutes of so. When I finished and was going to sleep, I had a strange experience. While my eyes were closed, it seemed darker than usual and there were small white spots of light all in the darkness moving and swirling about.

During the meditation portion on Thursday I saw people for the first time during the breathing and meditation program. First a middle aged man that I had never seen before appeared and reached from the left side of my field of vision and touched my head. Next I saw the spots or dots of light as mentioned above for a second or two and then saw a woman's face I had never seen before looking at me. She had a chubby face and was smiling. I wasn't too shocked by it and kept going with the meditation.

Also during the Ba-Ha portion, during I think the 2nd cycle through my roommate came home and slammed his bedroom door, which he does often because it sticks, that is directly below me. This shocked me and I had intense mind brightening/light and it felt like the whole house and I were swaying from the shock of the door slamming.

mada85 said:
I wonder if the faces you are seeing are related to traumatic childhood memories

Maybe they are, but then I understand it even less. At least if they are parts of me that I need exploring, I can sort of make sense of it all:

For example, I see a street full of people and a strange man, looking mad in his pyjama bottoms and tank top. He's talking to himself, etc., he spots me, looks agitated and comes to me and goes right through me.

Or another time, I am in this old lady's living room, she stops, sees me, comes near, pulls out a chair, sits down really close, and begins examining me in a really distrustful manner. Her make-up is caked and her roots are showing under a badly done dyeing job.

Another time, I see a young blond guy with a helmet under his arm, dressed as an 'astronaut' (the Twilight zone kind of astronaut..). This one is smiling.

I think it just might be noise to distract me..

Tigersoap jokes that all these people see me as a ghost in their reality. :lol:

Generally, when certain channels/circuits begin to clear and open, but are not yet tuned, all kinds of stuff gets picked up. It's like turning on a radio receiver or a TV that is "between stations" or receiving interference. You can see faces, hear sounds, experience all kinds of interdimensional stuff. The key is to not get distracted by that stuff. Keep your eyes and focus on the light/knowledge.

There's a lot of great material about this sort of thing in the work of Ibn al-Arabi. A good source for this is William Chittick's "The Sufi Path of Knowledge." Just ignore all the references to "the prophet" and Islam and penetrate to the cosmology and discussions of knowledge and unveiling and so on.

If anyone is familiar with this material, you can find some appropriate passages to quote about "stations" etc.

I have been feeling a weird sensation in my jaw after doing the Ba/ha breathing. During a meditation a few nights ago i seen a face formed out of dots of white light, It appeared to be my very own face. I also have been having a lot of past memories through dreams, although very few of them are bad memories. I also have a constant tingling or warming sensation at the top of my head.

Bear said:
Also during the Ba-Ha portion, during I think the 2nd cycle through my roommate came home and slammed his bedroom door, which he does often because it sticks, that is directly below me. This shocked me and I had intense mind brightening/light and it felt like the whole house and I were swaying from the shock of the door slamming.

That's interesting. Something rather similar has happened to me a few times, but the shock-provider has been Laura's voice. When I reach the meditation part I am already very relaxed. In between each phrase of the prayer I am calm, and sometimes the next phrase will kind of 'surprise' me - it's usually "clear my eyes..." or "of all creation" - and my body feels like lightening up with energy for a second, or emotion at what is being said. No swaying of the whole house, though.

Another thing is that recently I have started feeling the pressure in the third eye that others have reported, and it seems to pulsate with the breathing. Also, if during the breathing or meditation I concentrate in an idea which is altruistic - for example, thinking that I want to learn to truly be of service to others instead of being so self-centered - and it feels determined and sincere, then my left arm will feel lit up, as if light was coming from the bone. Both these things I had felt in the past on a few occasions so I was familiar with them, but I don't recall feeling them during the few months before starting with the program, so I guess it was the meditation that brought them back.

I haven't seen any faces yet, but I'm not looking forward to it!

Corto Maltese said:
I read over and over in different sources from feng shui to western ones that the worst place to sleep or dwell in for longer periods of time are room corners. Allegedly stagnant and negative energies tend to accumulate there, or demons if you like. Dunno if this is true but it kind of makes sense.
Was always wondering how it would feel to have perfectly round bedroom and sleep in the center.
Feng shui also recommends sleeping with open windows, no curtains as allegedly CHI (or maybe orgone according to Reich ) flows in and out of the room .
unobstructed.

I'm glad I saw this post - time to experiment with some adjustments to my bed placement. I've been sleeping in the corner for years and can attest that I always seem to have some negative feeling lingering over me.

I would like to know if you have come across anything that mentions any negative or positive effects of having lights on while one sleeps? I have one of those Christmas rope lights that is red wrapped around my window seal so that I can sleep at night. I started doing this particularly because I started to have some nasty things come and visit me at night and it seemed to only occur when my room had a significant amount of darkness. While I haven't had any such experiences since using the lights, having my room illuminate red I just can't help but wonder if this might have some negative effect? :huh:

Laura said:
Generally, when certain channels/circuits begin to clear and open, but are not yet tuned, all kinds of stuff gets picked up. It's like turning on a radio receiver or a TV that is "between stations" or receiving interference. You can see faces, hear sounds, experience all kinds of interdimensional stuff. The key is to not get distracted by that stuff. Keep your eyes and focus on the light/knowledge.

Yes, I have experienced some of these things in the past. I.E. The loud noises that seemingly come out of nowhere, interactions with various entities, and seeing lights when you're surrounded by total darkness. However I failed in my attempt to not become distracted as the experience just shook my foundation of what I thought reality was.

Now I'm kinda scared to experience this phenomenon again and I'm not sure how to handle that fear. I guess I just don't like the idea of remaining immobile and having these things manifest around me and being unable to protect myself physically, even though it's not really a physical phenomenon; I feel vulnerable I guess.

Ever since I've had entities come and mess with me during semi-sleep states, I always want to remain on the alert for anything that is coming through and that is going on around me and this relates heavily to becoming distracted.

Anyways I was just wondering how one might go about overcoming the fear of these things? I feel as if I need to let my guard down to open myself up and that idea scares me. You also recommend to "focus on the light/knowledge" are you referring to an actual light that manifests during deep meditation or something else?

thx

Regarding bed position, I took an Ayurvedic Medicine course once years ago. The instructor said that having the head of the bed facing North would instigate the soul leaving the body at night, and that one should not do so unless purposefully trying to cause unusual experiences of that nature (which he also recommended against) and "crazy dreams". I recall vaguely that West and South were good directions to have the head of your bead pointing toward, although I cannot recall exactly why or what each direction fostered during sleep. I changed the head position of my bed soon after this from N to S, and disturbing voices and negative energies that I had been experiencing before ceased. My bed had to be in a corner in this room, since the room was tiny...but I changed the position so that I could see the entrance to the room.

While practicing the meditation, I had unusual amounts of discomfort in my body; almost like itching from inside. In addition to doing more relaxing and stretching beforehand (which I probably didn't do enough last time due to time constraints), I will try to meditate in a different location of the room. Never in my life have I had such a difficult time doing one hour of meditation as I did a few days ago. I'm glad we can share our experiences here! Thanks to everyone for all the input!

Andrew said:
I would like to know if you have come across anything that mentions any negative or positive effects of having lights on while one sleeps? I have one of those Christmas rope lights that is red wrapped around my window seal so that I can sleep at night. I started doing this particularly because I started to have some nasty things come and visit me at night and it seemed to only occur when my room had a significant amount of darkness. While I haven't had any such experiences since using the lights, having my room illuminate red I just can't help but wonder if this might have some negative effect? :huh:
Hi Andrew, sleeping with lights on cannot be good for the quality of your sleep.
IMO and experience as described few pages earlier the best way to get rid of these things whether they are indeed unwanted guests or just manifestations of our emotional baggage is to focus on Laura's voice and light. Then everything fits into the place. Trust me the fear will be shattered.
Laura said:
Keep your eyes and focus on the light/knowledge.

Corto Maltese said:
Andrew said:
Hi Andrew, sleeping with lights on cannot be good for the quality of your sleep.
IMO and experience as described few pages earlier the best way to get rid of these things whether they are indeed unwanted guests or just manifestations of our emotional baggage is to focus on Laura's voice and light. Then everything fits into the place. Trust me the fear will be shattered.
Laura said:
Keep your eyes and focus on the light/knowledge.
According to some studies, long pipe breathings increased melatonin production in the body. Perhaps that is why we have more vivid dreams? The Cs once said that melatonin was a mild hallucinogen which exercises psychic abilities and opened paths.

Melatonin is produced out of serotonin by your pineal gland in your brain. The pineal gland, has pigment cells similar to those found in your eyes, and is light sensitive. Bright lights at night can diminish your melatonin production, but if you are around bright light early in the day, your melatonin levels will rise higher at night. But during the night, its better to have no lights.

I had seen at least a couple of scary faces, one of a man with his eyes wide open, full of some kind of native make up. Another of a woman, who looked oriental and had brown skin, also with her eyes wide open and sticking her tongue out to me. Saw those faces on days when I was very distressed, I thought I was picking up something "out there", by refocusing my mind on the breathing exercise and meditation, any creepy feeling pretty much fizzled out and at the end I was very relaxed.

Laura said:

Give it a try, Corto Maltese is right, fears will just fizzled out.

Andrew said:
Yes, I have experienced some of these things in the past. I.E. The loud noises that seemingly come out of nowhere, interactions with various entities, and seeing lights when you're surrounded by total darkness. However I failed in my attempt to not become distracted as the experience just shook my foundation of what I thought reality was.

Now I'm kinda scared to experience this phenomenon again and I'm not sure how to handle that fear. I guess I just don't like the idea of remaining immobile and having these things manifest around me and being unable to protect myself physically, even though it's not really a physical phenomenon; I feel vulnerable I guess.

Ever since I've had entities come and mess with me during semi-sleep states, I always want to remain on the alert for anything that is coming through and that is going on around me and this relates heavily to becoming distracted.

Anyways I was just wondering how one might go about overcoming the fear of these things? I feel as if I need to let my guard down to open myself up and that idea scares me.
You have experienced those in the past, but maybe things were different in the past. Maybe you know now a lot more than you used to. And Knowledge protects.
I can relate to your fears, very much so. I remember having my eyes closed at the meditation part and at one moment all kinds of ''dark'' thoughts entered my mind, like ''something is watching you'' or something's gonna happen if you don't look out, that kind of stuff, which made me feel quite vulnerable. And it was scary! So all I wanted to do is open up my eyes to see if anything is wrong, but no, I told myself, NOT this time! I'm just gonna have Faith in this Prayer, that it will give me protection. And when I made this choice and decided to not open my eyes and just listen and focus on the breathing, Laura's voice, the words etc., Wow, ....it was such a Powerful moment.
That was a moment in which the fears didn't decide for me. For a moment there, I was brave...

So I would like to advice you: do not be scared and have faith in yourself and in what you do. Be alert when you think you are not! In other words: be alert all the time, and being alert doesn't necessarily mean checking your surroundings every time and listening carefully to each sound you hear, no, I think it means to have faith in yourself, in knowledge, in light and in what you do, that it will give you the protection you need, and from knowledge comes awareness and when you are aware, you are alert, even if you have your eyes closed!

If you feel like you are opening up, that might be because you are opening up for Yourself, so that you may let go of all those things that are not good for your life. You are not opening yourself up for attack, or so I think. Maybe it's like having light (to know is to have light) around/in you as some kind of protection (if you like), though, I do think that things will occur to distract you, but I don't think those will harm you, per se. Like Laura said: The key is to not get distracted by that stuff.

Andrew said:
You also recommend to "focus on the light/knowledge" are you referring to an actual light that manifests during deep meditation or something else?
I think so. Have you seen anything, like figures or moving things when you reach the meditation part? If you do, you could try to see those as light and then tell yourself that you're gonna catch them and (try) to let it grow.

Corto, Psyche, and Oxajil I appreciate your posts and taking the time to reply to my questions.

Psyche said:
Melatonin is produced out of serotonin by your pineal gland in your brain. The pineal gland, has pigment cells similar to those found in your eyes, and is light sensitive. Bright lights at night can diminish your melatonin production, but if you are around bright light early in the day, your melatonin levels will rise higher at night. But during the night, its better to have no lights.

Psyche, this bit right here was very insightful as I wasn't aware of the actual dynamics in melotonin/seratonin production and it's relation to sleep. This pretty much sums it up though and I'll be making some serious changes to my sleeping habits.

Psyche said:
I had seen at least a couple of scary faces, one of a man with his eyes wide open, full of some kind of native make up. Another of a woman, who looked oriental and had brown skin, also with her eyes wide open and sticking her tongue out to me. Saw those faces on days when I was very distressed, I thought I was picking up something "out there", by refocusing my mind on the breathing exercise and meditation, any creepy feeling pretty much fizzled out and at the end I was very relaxed.

Now this breathing/meditation program is something that I didn't have before, and that I hadn't factored into this worry of mine. When I had these strange experiences I was just doing meditation techniques myself and trying out various things that I had read in books. This was years ago. But now with the addition of this particular meditation and the prayer, and by focusing on the process, it would seem to me that these things can be used as a form of protection. So perhaps this will make things a bit easier and less scary knowing there is some protection there.

Psyches post and this post from Corto made this a bit clearer:

Corto Maltese said:
During breathing I could feel the presence on my right side but it was extraordinary as with every new breath or word from Laura the presence was diminishing in strength. In my minds eye I could feel it raging and also I could hear the static noises and some wierd clicking in my headphones (the headphones and wires are perfectly fine as this never happened before or after ). I thought it was enraged the most with the fact that I am not terrified as I usually am during these visitations ( I don't have them very often , maybe once or twice a year)and this was the first time I acknowledged it with a smile - as I always get permeated with this extraordinary inner smile during the program, I just turned my head to it and said - I think its time for you to go now and never return, by the time I finished with Ba-ha breathing and meditation the room atmosphere was clean as a whistle and I slept like a baby.
I think we should call Laura Galadriel as her voice works like protective charm. :)

So thanks for that guys :)

After going to bed, I've been doing a session of pipe breathing before the prayer meditation. I wear a CPAP mask and I'm wondering if the extra pressure in the throat when breathing out in the mask during the exercises would be detrimental or less effective for vagus nerve stimulation. Does anyone have any ideas about this since I don't have enough knowledge of physiology?

EDIT: changed the subject back to the original topic for this thread.

Laura said:
There's a lot of great material about this sort of thing in the work of Ibn al-Arabi. A good source for this is William Chittick's "The Sufi Path of Knowledge." Just ignore all the references to "the prophet" and Islam and penetrate to the cosmology and discussions of knowledge and unveiling and so on.

If anyone is familiar with this material, you can find some appropriate passages to quote about "stations" etc.

Is there a chance of quoting some material of this book?
Unfortuinately I cannot do it myself at the moment (to check, read and maybe quote), because the book I have is in another city and I haven't read it itself till now.

Back
Top Bottom