Cassiopedia page

Bernhard

Jedi Master
I really like the new design of the Cassiopedia page. Thanks also very much for all the work to make this happen.
Very helpful.

The only thing I noticed is that the menu overlaps with the some of the page content on the top left corner, so I can't read any of the entries fully.
I'm using Safari browser on a Mac. Does anyone else have this issue?

I completely agree, the design is wonderful! There seems to be a lot of creative talent around these parts of the interweb... no overlapping here (Windows & Firefox).

:wizard:

I used to have the same types of problems with safari myself. Then I switched to Firefox and all problems went away. I would consider loading and trying it. It is the recommended browser for this site.

Good luck, :thup:

Gwb

Bernhard said:
The only thing I noticed is that the menu overlaps with the some of the page content on the top left corner, so I can't read any of the entries fully.
I'm using Safari browser on a Mac. Does anyone else have this issue?

Same problem here with Safari 3.x.
It's a style sheet issue as far as I can tell.

The style sheet is quite old:
-----------------------------------------------------
FraternityManuals.org MediaWiki 'monobook' style sheet for CSS2-capable browsers
FileName: main.css
Version: 2005.04.06
Author: jasonpearce.com
-----------------------------------------------------

At first glance this does seem to be a known problem because there is a 'fix' style sheet for Konqueror:
KHTMLFixes.css
++++++++++

/* KHTML fix stylesheet */
/* work around the horizontal scrollbars */
#column-content {
margin-left: 200px;
}

Since Safari shares the same DNA with Konqueror through WebKit I am hypothesizing that implementing something like the above will do the trick.

I don't have access to the code so I can't experiment and fix. Sorry.

gwb1995 said:
I used to have the same types of problems with safari myself. Then I switched to Firefox and all problems went away. I would consider loading and trying it. It is the recommended browser for this site.

Good luck, :thup:

Gwb

I just switched to the new firefox available for Mac OS X 10.5. It it so much better than Safari. Thanks for the tip. I can't believe I didn't do it earlier.
Cassiopedia works now fine on my new browser. Loving it! :clap:

Cassiopedia

This question may not necessarily belong in this Post spot to SOTT and not sure otherwise where I should post this to, however, trying to navigate within this Cassiopedia site below;

http://www.cassiopedia.org/glossary/Main_Page

a couple of things came up that I had difficulty with; might be my set-up as follows;

The left hand box runs into the main body; cutting off part of the login part.

The login for new accounts does not operate and tried the Forum login which also does not work; perhaps I have mistaken the access as being the same or the intent of who this site is for? :umm:

Many thanks! :)

webpagej.jpg

Re: Cassiopedia

Hi Parallax,

I don't see the problem when using Firefox. Seems to be happening with IE though. Not sure with the other browsers. :)

I'm not sure about the left hand box, maybe you have the text set too high and it's overlapping. Ctrl plus - and + signs will fix text size in Firefox. But I think the site is for moderators and admins only to edit. I don't think it's like Wikipedia where anyone can just type in what they want. These meaningful terms are to be highly protected.

Thanks to you both,

I tried orientating as you said (Ctrl plus - and + signs will fix text size), but to no avail in IE (changed size but not overlap) - I had the site saved at one time or another as a link but have not explored it since and thought logging in was a requirement. Being green here, perhaps someone would be able to describe the in's and outs of the site variability's?

Appreciate any further help bringing me up to speed; and yes, proprietary access would be a necessity to ensure integrity of definitions.

Thanks again! :)

Hi Parallax,

This issue has been discussed before. Check the link below. I'll merge this with the thread below. :)

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=11026.msg78215#msg78215

Cass glossary, forum preview and Chrome

I don't know how important is support for Crome, but here is two things that I found on my side:

1. Cass glossary page screenshot:

cassglossary.png

2. Cass forum message preview screenshot:

casspreview.png

Re: Cass glossary, forum preview and Chrome

In my experience it depends on the browser you've been using.

When I was using IE I had the same problem like you with Cassiopedia (so used Cassiopaea glossary instead) and for writing posts on the forum I had the problem with the box where I've been writing my posts. I could see what I'd written only if my posts had been short enough, ie. in the writing box there was displayed only first 13 rows of my message (that what can be seen without scrolling or moving down through text), so for every correction that needed to be made it was easier to copy/paste each time from some text editing program than to write it blindly without seeing what and where I write. Preview function worked well for me though.

So I switched to Firefox. And now I don't have any problems anymore.

Hope this can help you.

edit: spelling errors

Re: Cass glossary, forum preview and Chrome

msasa said:
So I switched to Firefox. And now I don't have any problems anymore.

Yes, I'm aware of this, and I'm using it concurrently with crome, just wanted to make a whole thing available to broader audience.

It seems the Cassiopedia site is down or gone. When I click on the link the message in my browser that comes up is:
"Sorry,"www.cassiopedia.org" does not exist or is not available."

Has it been taken down in purpose or is it a glitch?

Hope to see it up and running soon again! :)

Back
Top Bottom