Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Testing negative just means your body/yourself is stressed by what you are testing at this moment: you might be stressed by the sketchbook because you're stressed out that you can't draw/you feel you should draw more as it relaxes you/you fear that she's going to be an artist and will never earn enough with such a job/you are allergic to paper or the treatment they do on it. Anything is possible. You can have a 'stress' response because you are very excited about something (like children testing weak to the thought of going to an amusement park!). So, about the books, you will probably will test positive to books you liked/that taught you something. But you might test weak for a book that you like because you feel guilty you are not putting in practice what it says or it could simply be that you find some topics unfamiliar, etc. It could mean so much...

OK, thanks for the breakdown, Mrs T :) I am new to all of this, so all input it helpful and welcome. I look forward to trying the other test sometime where you put something in your hand and hold out your arm, and another person tries to push it down while you try to resist (I know that has a name, but I'm blanking on it!).

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Evolutionary said:
just ate some cabbage I'd made after feeling hungry for a while and noticed soon after that I didn't feel too good. Then I came across the above--a little synchronicity Smiley and immediately tried it out with some of the cabbage scraps from preparation...I leaned back most definitely. I was afraid this would be the case because it is one of the veggies I crave. Damn! I tested it a few times to be sure, too. I tried some broccoli and it seemed to be positive, though there was a bit of swaying. After the cabbage, I may be psychologicallly clinging to one of my other faves. I'm not sure if aversion to one cruciferous veggie should mean an aversion to all, but I do particularly like them

Well, what you experienced can mean different things: if you just had eaten cabbage, you might have reached your tolerance level already and testing for cabbage would 'add' to that level so to speak. In short, you had your fill, your body does not want more and it shows in the test. Or your body tests weak to uncooked cabbage (you tested scraps) but cooked cabbage is alright. Or you have a problem with cabbage in any form and should stay away from it, etc.

To piggyback onto this...I tested myself for avocadoes twice. The first time I tested negative, the second positive. The difference was that the first avocado I tested was not organic so keep this in mind as well when you test.

Shijing said:
OK, thanks for the breakdown, Mrs T

You're welcome! :)

Odyssey said:
To piggyback onto this...I tested myself for avocadoes twice. The first time I tested negative, the second positive. The difference was that the first avocado I tested was not organic so keep this in mind as well when you test.

I've had several people testing weak for organic and having no problem for non-organic (and even tinned/canned!) foods (carrots for example). In this case, the person may be reacting to the natural fertilizer which was used.

It sometimes seems not to make sense at all (and of course, there is always a possibility that the test is biased, so as Laura said, feedback/several testers are necesary), but there is most of the time a very logical explanation. I for one was allergic to any of the Bach flowers, which was so frustrating. But after some thought, I remembered that I used to be allergic to flowers, had hay fever, etc. so it's was not that crazy.

I wanted to add that an allergy is not necessarily for life. There are easy corrections and procedures that can alleviate it. Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq8RRpuD1I
This technique can be used to alleviate an ongoing allergy. You can also correct an allergy using this technique while having the allergen on your VC 6 (just below the navel). I've used this tap thousands of times and it still amazes me (and the people involved). It works in 90% of the cases. When it does not work, it might be a tolerance problem. There is also a tap for that, but since I cannot find it on youtube, i'm not sure it's safe (copyright-wise) to divulge it here.

This is quite a lengthy thread, and I have not been able to review it all so sorry if these questions have been raised. Have you discussed cilantro and cholera in relation to chelation therapy? Also in terms of measuring your urine or feces while on chealtion therapy, how expensive is that in general? I assume getting your regular blood levels of heavy metals established and then having a chelation challenge level done is recommended as a minimum amount of measuring by most naturopaths? But are additional measurements taken somewhere down the chelation road to see if you have reached a point where you are excreting insignificant amounts of heavy metals? Also is there evidence that a multipronged approach of chealtors is recommended. Alpha lipoic acid, DMSA, Cilantro, IV Vitamin C with glutathione push, etc? I have also seen a couple of other potential chelators that are not at my fingertips at the moment. Also is there any indication that Niacin, intense exercise and sauna increase the excretion process? I think I have seen some stuff on the infrared sauna, but is there any hard evidence to support it in chelation. Please keep in mind I do not claim the lack of hard evidence is an indictment towards illegitimacy. More often it indicates a lack of desire from the marketplace to have the item or technique in question to be adequately tested. But if evidence exists it is nice to know about

Calypso said:
This is quite a lengthy thread, and I have not been able to review it all so sorry if these questions have been raised. Have you discussed cilantro and cholera in relation to chelation therapy? Also in terms of measuring your urine or feces while on chealtion therapy, how expensive is that in general? I assume getting your regular blood levels of heavy metals established and then having a chelation challenge level done is recommended as a minimum amount of measuring by most naturopaths? But are additional measurements taken somewhere down the chelation road to see if you have reached a point where you are excreting insignificant amounts of heavy metals?

Hi Calypso,

There is some information about this here: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=16812.msg147204#msg147204 and the following post as well.

Also, researchers of autism.com said that they do not recommend the use of chlorella or other algae after a study at the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine where they administered 10 g/day of chlorella to 15 people with mercury dental amalgams. The chlorella had no effect on fecal or urinary excretion of mercury after 3 or 8 days, based on a comparison of pre and post levels. I don't know if there are follow ups. Chlorella has other beneficial benefits, so I think that if taken, is best to make sure that it is free of mercury pollution.

Trevrizent said:
Oxajil said:
Perhaps interesting (maybe a bit disgusting as well):

Nonetheless, healthy BMs indicate how your current health program
is working for your body. Your stools should move 2-3 times a day,
be large and the consistency of a ripe banana, large and move.

I have also read that if you are going less than 3 times a day you are constipated! The rest makes sense with what I read elsewhere too.

While we're on the subject, I've read the simplest guidelines for monitoring urination and BM's is this: Drink enough water each day to make your urine clear, and eat properly until you have at least one BM per day which is 10" long and floats! (i.e.adequate fiber). I hope you got that, 'cause I'm not repeating it! ;-)

A small update on my experiences with Dietary changes and detoxing. Roughly for about the past year I've been making a concerted effort to alter my eating habits, which I think takes some time to get used to. I've had a lot of personal concerns and issues with it because since I started changing my diet I've lost quite a bit of weight (20 pounds almost), which considering I'm a skinny guy already has brought out a lot of self confidence issues in regards to my body. I spent a good portion of my early 20's trying to put on weight, but it's always been an uphill battle.

Although I do believe, like Mark Givert said in his interview with SOTT about the FIR Infrared blanket, his metabolism more or less balanced out once he detoxified himself and was able to put on weight, because he was having the same issues, so I'm hoping once I properly detoxify myself, my metabolism will more or less regulate itself to a more normal capacity.

So about 2 weeks ago I finally went out and bought the supplementation, although I've been doing a basic supplement program indicated by Mark Hyman in Ultramind Solution for the past few months.

One thing I noticed, is that as soon as I started taking all the additional supplements like Probiotics, DMSA, Spirulina, digestive enzymes, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, etc, I stopped going to the bathroom as much, which coincides with the last bit of discussion on this thread. :whistle:

I haven't had any major die-off symptons, but more like smaller ones here and there. Occasional headaches, tiredness, dizziness. Although I've never had any major sugar cravings, not much of a sweet tooth.

I don't have the FIR blanket, so not sure if that play's a part in this.

What had me worried was that I wasn't going to the bathroom as much, so I stopped taking all the supplements and just kept taking the Probiotics in the morning. Now I'm going through the process of slowly adding in one additional supplement every few days to see what's causing the constipation. Taking flax seeds with my shake in the morning really helps facilitate it, and Mr. Scott said earlier that Psyllium husk fibre helps too.

I've decided to not continue taking the DMSA for now, and just focus on Candida for a little while and start the DMSA in a few weeks, so hopefully I'm killing off the candida!

One question though, is eating buckwheat okay when detoxing? Reading through the threads, it's not part of the diet for detoxing, but seeing as the gluten level is so low, could it slow down the process???

Also, vegetable oils really is like eating plastic! Last month I had some fish and chips and my entire throat and mouth felt like it was coated with something. It was gross, my body is really telling me nowadays when I eat something that it doesn't agree with.

DanielS said:
One question though, is eating buckwheat okay when detoxing? Reading through the threads, it's not part of the diet for detoxing, but seeing as the gluten level is so low, could it slow down the process???

You can add buckwheat to your list, it has a low toxicity profile with no gluten. I would definitely wait for the DMSA until you are feeling much better, and perhaps even the alpha lipoic acid.

JGeropoulas said:
While we're on the subject, I've read the simplest guidelines for monitoring urination and BM's is this: Drink enough water each day to make your urine clear, and eat properly until you have at least one BM per day which is 10" long and floats! (i.e.adequate fiber). I hope you got that, 'cause I'm not repeating it! ;-)

Recently I've seen my BM floating, and thinking on your comment. Very interesting indeed, but only happened once. For the urine it was clear to me, sometime ago, that when it is totally transparent (like water, no colour at all) it is a very good indication.

I'm still on the process of creating a balanced diet, waiting for my blood analysis to confirm the type and RH. Nonetheless I've seen in my body neutral or bad reactions depending on the food I eat. A bad reaction for me is an inflammation on my digestive system, which I can see externally on my body. My 'stomach' greatly increase. On the process of analysing why, I've revisited Blood Type Diet and the food I eat.
http://curezone.com/ER4YT/grains.asp

I've seen Buckwhat is recommended to avoid for 'AB' and 'B'. So take care because it is not so 'easy' to design your diet. My sister is blood type 'A'. When you think on getting everything on a daily basis: complex carbohydrates, animal protein, animal fats, etc. ... sometimes looks difficult to me (specifically when type is 'A'). It also complex when you realise that all nutrients need to be compensated on your weight, etc. Difficult to transform everybody into a doctor, but necessary.

I think would be nice to have a web assistant.

Psyche said:
DanielS said:

You can add buckwheat to your list, it has a low toxicity profile with no gluten. I would definitely wait for the DMSA until you are feeling much better, and perhaps even the alpha lipoic acid.

Thanks Psyche! I'll definitely wait before I add back the Alpha-Lipoic Acid and DMSA.

I'd like some advice for detoxing.

If I have no serious health problems do I still need to do a serious detox. I WANT to do a serious detox, but I'm struggling to find any real reason health wise; it's just from reading Detoxify or Die

At the moment, I start the day with:

Shake

5-10g of Ascorbic Acid
Protein Powder
Spirulina
Ground Flax Seed
Flax Oil
Berries
Banana
D Ribose

Supps

Magnesium
Lipoic Acid
Glutathione

As for my diet, most of what I eat is organic. Lots of Veg, fish like coley and salmon. Liver and bacon once a week. Buckwheat pancakes. Quinoa and buckwheat and sweet potato instead of brown rice now. I have non organic turkey mince which I use to either make a stir-fry type thing, or burgers/patties. Organic beef mince once a week used in the same way. Plenty of olive oil or butter on my food.

I cook lentils, veg and quinoa or buckwheat to take to work and eat at lunch time.

I'm going to get a B complex and Multi vit+min.

As for the shake. Once I've finished the brown rice protein powder, what should I switch to? Just amino acids, or hemp protein powder? Does it matter?

When I snack, I eat organic mixed nuts. No peanuts: walnuts, almonds, pecans, cashews. I have bananas and pears every day. Sometimes with my pancakes, sometimes together in a bowl with ground flaxseed on. I also have celery and carrot with hummus.

Do I need to take this further and start using DMSO, buy a blanket, do the enema? Or, not suffering from any overt health problems, should this diet/lifestyle be enough?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, yeah, another question I have:

If we're taking things like spirulina and protein powders (do amino acids come under this too?), which are 'complete proteins', why do we need a B complex, or extra niacin?

I think that if your diet is good (avoiding what you now know are toxic), you have good supplementation, no appparent health problems, you may assume that your body will detox naturally. Some people have better detox systems/pathways than others and, if you make the changes early enough, you can possibly avoid having to do a serious detox.

Is there any truth to what they are saying about supplements?That they cause cancer?Is there any type that shouldnt be taken?What about calcium?Which kind is best?

Back
Top Bottom